Movie Club - What are you watching?

GitHub

Popster to Popster 4,420

Just watched the new Justice League, and it was pretty solid! I hadn't seen the original cut but it sounds like this one was a lot better bc it fleshed out certain components much more.

Did it in one sitting too, so I'm kinda proud of that lol :oscar:

Popstanne 5,076
25 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

I watched Legally Blonde for the first time ever! It was actually amazing lol

I love Legally Blonde! There's a sequel too. 

Reese Witherspoon What Like Its Hard GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 319

I just watched the french films Trouble Every Day and In My Skin. I did not really enjoy the first one almost at all but I was not fully paying attention because I was making dinner so I might have to rewatch it. 

The second one was visceral and incredible, it had my full attention and I absolutely loved it even though at times it was so intense/gruesome I had to look away. I think it’s amazing that it is the director’s debut film & she also wrote the script and starred in it. It’s not a movie for everyone as it is about a women who becomes obsessed with cutting herself and then eventually eating her own flesh as well, but I really really loved it and will probably seek out a copy to purchase.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
23 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

I just watched the french films Trouble Every Day and In My Skin. I did not really enjoy the first one almost at all but I was not fully paying attention because I was making dinner so I might have to rewatch it. 

The second one was visceral and incredible, it had my full attention and I absolutely loved it even though at times it was so intense/gruesome I had to look away. I think it’s amazing that it is the director’s debut film & she also wrote the script and starred in it. It’s not a movie for everyone as it is about a women who becomes obsessed with cutting herself and then eventually eating her own flesh as well, but I really really loved it and will probably seek out a copy to purchase.

This sounds really interesting, but in a way that I don't know  if I could actually watch it

Popster to Popster 3,689
1 minute ago, blankpaper said:

What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

Oh I was just alluding to the resemblance to your pfp and the fact that the character was a music producer. Didn't you say your pfp was one?

ARTPOPster 2,450
1 minute ago, NYNJ Nights said:

Oh I was just alluding to the resemblance to your pfp and the fact that the character was a music producer. Didn't you say your pfp was one?

haha yes, my pfp is alison wonderland. i forget you all are strangers and i was so confused like "i look nothing like dakota johnson?" :laughga:

• lol 1

The Fame Popster 319
23 hours ago, GitHub said:

This sounds really interesting, but in a way that I don't know  if I could actually watch it

It was very intense I literally had to hide my eyes or look away several times. But it is also very satisfying/cathartic to watch if ur someone who has ever self harmed in the past.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

I really need to watch something off my list, but instead I'm watching my comfort movie for the 50th time CCDCB842-4-D9-C-4192-8923-BC09567709-FA.jpg

Spoiler

• hugs 1

Moderator 6,288

MV5BNDgzMTgxOTktNmM2Ny00Nzk5LTgxNjAtNzJl

This is the most  recent movie I've watched and it's hilarious! I laughed (and cried) from start to end. It's a Netflix original. Eric Andre, Tiffany Haddish and Lil Rel Howery are a comedy gold and the perfect trio. The pranks are so good and the interactions with the unexpected public are hysterical.. I'd encourage everyone to give it a watch. 

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,752

I finally watched Minari and really liked it. Definitely deserves the recognition it's getting, but for me the standout performance was Han Ye-ri.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,583

I can't stop thinking about Godzilla vs Kong.  A truly terrible - and quite frankly embarrassing - movie and yet nothing has stuck with my quite like this is a long time. 

spacer.png

Edited by NotDoctor
  • paws up 1

• 3 weeks later...
Popster to Popster 3,752

I saw Nomadland and The Sound of Metal and Bad Trip on @SLAG's recommendation. My favorite was definitely Nomadland, but they all definitely had their merits. I have a love hate with hidden camera movies in general, but it takes so much talent to be able to act in them, so I do love seeing people just killing it at their craft.

4 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Have any of seen Together Together? Just saw a trailer for it and thought it looked cute but don't know much about it 

I kind of wanted to watch this and then completely forgot about it

• paws up 1
  • love 1

The Fame Popster 319

I watched Caligula (1979) on Saturday night and it was... an experience, to say the least :katy:

My bf watched that horrible Gods of Egypt movie that was released a couple of years ago and I caught a few scenes. Really an embarrassingly bad movie.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
5 hours ago, Delusional said:

Anyone seen that Indie film A Star Is Born?

Sorry haven't heard of it, but I'll check it out!