Movie Club - What are you watching?

GitHub

Popster to Popster 3,752

Realized Rocks was on Netflix and I'd been wanting to see it for a WHILE :bradley: Really amazing film and the kids were so talented—they were mostly street cast and the script was primarily improvised. Plot-wise it feels a bit similar to The Florida Project if anyone has seen it.

Popster to Popster 3,752

Starting to go through Riz Ahmed's filmography and just finished Four Lions. It's a jihad satire so maybe not for everyone :mess:

• shook 1

Popstanne 5,076
42 minutes ago, GitHub said:

Starting to go through Riz Ahmed's filmography and just finished Four Lions. It's a jihad satire so maybe not for everyone :mess:

Sounds interesting though. He's so hot that I'd watch anything he's in. 

(I'm still incredulous that he and his wife, who's a novelist, had a literal meet-cute in a coffeeshop when they were both leaning over to plug in their laptops, or something like that.) 

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
30 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Sounds interesting though. He's so hot that I'd watch anything he's in. 

(I'm still incredulous that he and his wife, who's a novelist, had a literal meet-cute in a coffeeshop when they were both leaning over to plug in their laptops, or something like that.) 

any recs out of his filmography? I've only seen Sound of Metal and NIghtcrawler. Shifty and Mogul Mowgli look pretty good though.

Popstanne 5,076
Just now, GitHub said:

any recs out of his filmography? I've only seen Sound of Metal and NIghtcrawler. Shifty and Mogul Mowgli look pretty good though.

I've only seen The Night Of (HBO miniseries), plus his appearance on Girls. I haven't yet caught any of his proper films. 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,583

I just watched both Paddington movies after hearing people rave about them for years and the Rotten Tomatoes stuff and I did not like them :enigma: I don’t get the hype

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,689

Visited the ‘rents this weekend and they made me watch some movie called Poison Rose. It was meh. John Travolta has been better 

But then re-watched ASIB for the first time since I saw it in theaters and it was a whole new experience. Picked up on a lot more of the subtleties and ofc it was fun to be able to sing along to the songs this time :love:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popster to Popster 3,752

Watched La Haine and I hate comparing movies, but I was a bit disappointed that Les Misérables had basically the same ending. But on the other hand, it's probably also the only way either of those movies could have ended.

Popster to Popster 3,752

Just watched the Boys State documentary (which I originally thought was a mockumentary when I first saw the trailer :icant: ). Really fascinating microcosm of the American political system.

Popster to Popster 3,752
Just now, WildAmerican said:

Just rewatched Gaga's 5Ft2 and it's a really nice look at her life in 2016 and 2017 even if it jumps all over the place :icant:

How did you feel about it? I watched it when it came out before I really knew anything about Gaga and I found it really uncomfortable to watch. To me she just seemed really unwell, which I guess she has since confirmed, and like she was trying to convince herself of a lot.

Popster to Popster 4,420
9 minutes ago, GitHub said:

How did you feel about it? I watched it when it came out before I really knew anything about Gaga and I found it really uncomfortable to watch. To me she just seemed really unwell, which I guess she has since confirmed, and like she was trying to convince herself of a lot.

Yeah it's clear there was a lot going on with her chronic pain, and as we've seen recently that might have caused by the you-know-what that's been in the news lately. The doc kinda seemed like it was for hardcore fans too tho not sure how a casual fan might interpret it.

It was fun to see some of how Joanne got made and wish there was more of that in there! The doc was kinda all over the place too and I wish it had a stronger sense of cohesion. Instead it just kinda seemed like "okay this was her life August 2016 - February 2017" 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
1 minute ago, WildAmerican said:

Yeah it's clear there was a lot going on with her chronic pain, and as we've seen recently that might have caused by the you-know-what that's been in the news lately. The doc kinda seemed like it was for hardcore fans too tho not sure how a casual fan might interpret it.

It was fun to see some of how Joanne got made and wish there was more of that in there! The doc was kinda all over the place too and I wish it had a stronger sense of cohesion. Instead it just kinda seemed like "okay this was her life August 2016 - February 2017" 

Yeah that's a good point. It made a little more sense after becoming more acquainted with her work/personality in interviews, but I wasn't sure if that was just due to already having seen it once.

And I know what you mean. I have had that issue with other music docs, too.

• thanks 1

Popster This Way 564

So I finally watched yuri on Ice and I cried like a baby when it ended cause it was so amazingly good and now there isn´t a second season and I hate that ....Which honestly I thought would happen and now I am in this mess where I want more gay stuff like a lot ...

• paws up 1

Community Leader 1,294
1 minute ago, crazybadbich97 said:

adult entertainment? its fine everyone watches it (not really but who cares ...)

Not adult. Just weird artsy movies lol

• lol 1

Community Leader 1,294
7 hours ago, crazybadbich97 said:

then let us have it smart one :D

Trust meeee. You dont wanna know :bearattack: but my favorite movies are of the horror genre and nowadays I also like animes alot specially now that sailormoon is coming to netflix on june 3rd with different dubbing and a sub. Make sure to watch it and support the sailor scouts as they fight in the name of the moon. (Btw, not sponsored :icant:)

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster This Way 564
50 minutes ago, kaelergrey said:

Trust meeee. You dont wanna know :bearattack: but my favorite movies are of the horror genre and nowadays I also like animes alot specially now that sailormoon is coming to netflix on june 3rd with different dubbing and a sub. Make sure to watch it and support the sailor scouts as the fight in the name of the moon. (Btw, not sponsored :icant:)

I could never get over the pedophelia in it ...hy didn´t they make the male character just gay that would have worked ...