Movie Club - What are you watching?

GitHub

Community Leader 1,294
6 hours ago, crazybadbich97 said:

I could never get over the pedophelia in it ...hy didn´t they make the male character just gay that would have worked ...

Pedophelia? If you are referring to chibi moon she is actually a 100 years old lol. She just doesnt age because of the silver crystal. Well thats what they says. 

Wait what male character should be gay. Their is already a gay couple there. Uranus and Neptune and well sailormoon is bisexual since she developed feelings for uranus and star fighter. Both are clearly women. Also not sailormoon being such a flirt ugh. I feel bad for mamochan :sleepydog:

The Fame Popster 319
23 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

Yeah it's clear there was a lot going on with her chronic pain, and as we've seen recently that might have caused by the you-know-what that's been in the news lately. The doc kinda seemed like it was for hardcore fans too tho not sure how a casual fan might interpret it.

It was fun to see some of how Joanne got made and wish there was more of that in there! The doc was kinda all over the place too and I wish it had a stronger sense of cohesion. Instead it just kinda seemed like "okay this was her life August 2016 - February 2017" 

Five foot two is actually what made me a Gaga stan, before that I thought she was just an airhead pop singer. 

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 319

Movies I watched recently:

Garden State (I saw it when it first came out so I feel like I appreciated it more now but I find the ending very unsatisfying)

The Ex (absolutely unfunny trash)

The Color of Time (some beautiful moments but felt like it didn't really commit to anything so it kind of went nowhere)

La Bete (very silly erotic art film, the beast costume is ridiculous and it's kind of structureless, not good not terrible)

My boyfriend has also been watching all the James Bond films from the beginning, god they are really mostly so boring/very childish. So far I actually liked the unofficial Sean Connery one, Never Say Never Again the best.

Popster to Popster 3,752
15 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

Garden State (I saw it when it first came out so I feel like I appreciated it more now but I find the ending very unsatisfying)

That's interesting. I watched this when I was 19 and I've always viewed it as a movie I wouldn't like as an "adult." Maybe I'm just buying into the "Garden State actually sucked" propaganda that seemed to be everywhere a few years ago :mess:

The Fame Popster 319
18 minutes ago, GitHub said:

That's interesting. I watched this when I was 19 and I've always viewed it as a movie I wouldn't like as an "adult." Maybe I'm just buying into the "Garden State actually sucked" propaganda that seemed to be everywhere a few years ago :mess:

I don't think it's amazing or anything, I just have a soft spot for movies about damaged losers lol

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
5 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

I don't think it's amazing or anything, I just have a soft spot for movies about damaged losers lol

yeah I do, too. They usually just feel cozy to me

• love 1

Moderator 6,288
23 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Anybody else seen Cruella?  I think it was a little too long but man it was a lot of fun

I thought it was short! :billie: It was really fun though I kinda felt like I was watching a campy version of “The Devil Wears Prada”. Definitely the best live action Disney film I’ve seen so far.

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
27 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Anybody else seen Cruella?  I think it was a little too long but man it was a lot of fun

I was going to wait until all-access in August as I didn’t know what to expect after the trailer, but your and @SLAG’s reviews are pushing my patience :enigma:

I ended up watching a film called The Assistant on Hulu instead. It was suspenseful but some parts were too cryptic for me and I had to read up about what happened afterwards.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,583
39 minutes ago, SLAG said:

I thought it was short! :billie: It was really fun though I kinda felt like I was watching a campy version of “The Devil Wears Prada”. Definitely the best live action Disney film I’ve seen so far.

Yeah the Devil Wears Prada comparison is great!  

24 minutes ago, nynj nights said:

I was going to wait until all-access in August as I didn’t know what to expect after the trailer, but your and @SLAG’s reviews are pushing my patience :enigma:

I ended up watching a film called The Assistant on Hulu instead. It was suspenseful but some parts were too cryptic for me and I had to read up about what happened afterwards.

I don’t wanna talk it up too much but the cast is great and I think it has a killer soundtrack.  A friend called it a “revenge fashion show” 😂 Let us know what you think if you see it!

Also Disney put up some shorts on Disney+ as part of a program called Launchpad and I just saw this one and it’s so damn cute. Highly recommend and it’s less than 20 min

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 319

My bf and I just finished watching the Daniel Craig James Bond movies. They are definitely sillier than I remember, but I guess on rewatches it's easier to notice the things that don't make sense/are more fantastical. Still very stylish though, love Daniel Craig and all the beautiful ladies lol.

• paws up 1
  • love 1

• 3 weeks later...
Popster to Popster 3,752

I can only watch slow moving documentaries since my concussion :mess: but I watched Some Kind of Heaven which is about a large self-contained retirement village in Florida.

I also watched In The Heights, which was good, but hard to watch since there was so much going on. Might need to do a rewatch in a few weeks.

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1

Popster to Popster 3,889

I was really surprised with how much I enjoyed Cruella, even my boyfriend said he'd watch it again. I agree with @NotDoctorthough that it could of gotten away with shaving off a good 30 minutes. It was an enjoyable movie from start to finish but I thought the movie was ending long before it did. I just saw the run time is over 2 hours and 14 minutes :dead: 

I'm trying really hard to overcome my ADD and watch a new movie weekly. I'm not sure what is on the list this week but I've been diving into HBO Max a lot lately.  :ohhh:

Edited by lavenderblondee
  • paws up 1

• 1 month later...
Popster to Popster 4,583

Saw Luca a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I’m sad it didn’t seem to get more buzz.

Also just watched Black Widow after people were raving about it and… it was fine? Florence Pugh was amazing though, I’d absolutely watch more of the MCU if she stays a part of it 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

Some years ago I made it my mission to watch every Mister-Lister film to see if they get more insufferable and self-indulgent the more they make (they do), so I watched How It Ends tonight. I get it was COVID, but this was barely even a movie :dead: they just walked around having an existential crisis and talking to actors they are friends with irl :dead:

fun fact: Lady Gaga once visited the set of their 2015 GMO political thriller because Taylor Kinney played the lead :mess:

• lol 1

Moderator 6,288
On 7/24/2021 at 10:05 PM, NotDoctor said:

Saw Luca a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I’m sad it didn’t seem to get more buzz.

Also just watched Black Widow after people were raving about it and… it was fine? Florence Pugh was amazing though, I’d absolutely watch more of the MCU if she stays a part of it 

I saw “Luca” a while back and I thought it was lovely. It really didn’t get the attention it deserved.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Popster to Popster 3,752

Stillwater- definition of a "meh" movie. It was fine, but nothing stand out. Happy to see Camille Cottin crossing over to Hollywood

Zola- I thought this was great. SO much better than Lemon, but still felt very true to Janizca Bravo's style. And Taylour Paige was great, too.

Moderator 6,288
On 8/9/2021 at 4:46 PM, GitHub said:

Zola- I thought this was great. SO much better than Lemon, but still felt very true to Janizca Bravo's style. And Taylour Paige was great, too.

I just randomly came accross Zola one night but I'm glad I did because it was so good. Taylor Paige and Riley Keough were a joy to watch. Also, the meltdowns by Colman Domingo's character were hilarious.:billie:

• yaas, gaga 1