36 members have voted

1. 1. Is Stupid Love a good song?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popster to Popster 4,420
20 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

It's a really fun, stupid pop song despite it's flaws. It's like Shake it Off, not by any means this amazingly great song, but it does exactly what you want it to do. Also, the pre-chorus is one of the best moments on the album PERIODT!

but SIO was a mega hit

Pop-a-911-ster 20,778
2 hours ago, Twitter said:

STUPID LOVE is a good song and single period. I’m over the Young & Tasteless not accepting Perfect Illusion and Stupid Love as good single but will stan 911 and Sour Candy in a heartbeat. 

Perfect Illusion is a masterpiece, great to see  someone appreciating it! Stupid Love is such a fun song, i’ve never understood the hate for it. 

• paws up 2

I think Stupid Love was the best pick from the album to be the lead. It overall represents the tempo and tone of the other tracks, kind of gets everyone accustomed to the sound of the album, and doesn't slow down throughout play of the song. Enigma would be too slow, ROM feels like a continuation rather than a beginning, Alice eases into content too slowly, 911 too produced, and Babylon album version would have p*ssed the fans off since it's not HL version. Also, if she hadn't released SL as the lead all the messies would be on Twitter complaining and asking if the bop that leaked was scrapped. 

New Popster 7

Definitely. Not a blind-blowing masterpiece, but it's hella catchy, and better yet I didn't listen to the leak so it wasn't ruined for me!

Now was it a good lead single? God no. I don't know what Gaga and her team were thinking! 

20 hours ago, little legend said:

Do you think it's a good song? Was it a right choice to follow Shallow and be the lead single? 

I think it is an amazing song and that's why the GP sticked with it and became a WW smash song

20 hours ago, little legend said:

It's as good as it's chart run 

Ha Ha Lol GIF

tell the truth GIF

I think it is and everyone who disagrees deserves a permaban. It's basically Do What U Want on steroids, but without R. *****

Edited by Spinning Bottles