All things💰: Grindr to go public at $2.1B valuation

BenG

Popster to Popster 3,689
1 hour ago, GitHub said:

plus doesn't blockchain have a huge carbon footprint?

That would make sense since the digital tokens are “authenticated” by computer networks based on my understanding 

Besides music and art, the sports world has also latched onto the concept. Digital NBA highlight clips can go for thousands :icant:

• lol 1

• 3 weeks later...
Popster to Popster 3,752

Browsing Foundation and seeing how much memes are going for :icant: Someone dropped close to $1M for Overly Attached Girlfriend and Disaster Girl :mess:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
On 4/18/2021 at 10:20 AM, GitHub said:

Browsing Foundation and seeing how much memes are going for :icant: Someone dropped close to $1M for Overly Attached Girlfriend and Disaster Girl :mess:

Imagine having enough money to waste that on something completely and utterly worthless like this :mess:

• thanks 1

Deactivated 14,311
5 hours ago, NotDoctor said:

Imagine having enough money to waste that on something completely and utterly worthless like this :mess:

You haven’t heard me talk about Yugioh enough clearly...

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
On 4/22/2021 at 2:48 PM, GitHub said:

George Church is auctioning off his genome as an NFT

So this is still true... but it's actually more than that. The real news is they are starting an NFT Genome Marketplace called Shivom... And they are thinking you can own pieces of celebrities' genomes 😱

"Producing NFTs out of their genome, celebrities are offered a completely new way of giving something back to their fans and at the same time being able to raise money for the greater good. For the collectors of memorabilia, it is a unique chance to literally own pieces of their favorite social media influencers, athletes, musicians, or movie stars. It is planned that all NFTs developed on the marketplace will be fully compatible with Shivom’s already existing precision medicine platform that also functions as a secure vault for the genome sequence. A part of all proceeds will also be invested to build the OMX healthcare crypto ecosystem to revolutionize global healthcare systems, providing an opportunity for everyone to harness the potential of an equitable and truly borderless healthcare economy. The ecosystem will drive adoption, facilitate partnerships, ensure stakeholder accountability, and help to grow the global OMX token-based health community, particularly in emerging healthcare systems."

https://cryptomode.com/shivom-co-founded-by-harvard-genomics-pioneer-george-church-launching-the-worlds-first-dna-nft-marketplace/

https://www.shivom.io/nft/

Edited by GitHub
  • shook 1

• BenG changed the title to All things💰: NFT discussion
Popster to Popster 3,689
13 minutes ago, GitHub said:

So this is still true... but it's actually more than that. The real news is they are starting an NFT Genome Marketplace called Shivom... And they are thinking you can own pieces of celebrities' genomes 😱

"Producing NFTs out of their genome, celebrities are offered a completely new way of giving something back to their fans and at the same time being able to raise money for the greater good. For the collectors of memorabilia, it is a unique chance to literally own pieces of their favorite social media influencers, athletes, musicians, or movie stars. It is planned that all NFTs developed on the marketplace will be fully compatible with Shivom’s already existing precision medicine platform that also functions as a secure vault for the genome sequence. A part of all proceeds will also be invested to build the OMX healthcare crypto ecosystem to revolutionize global healthcare systems, providing an opportunity for everyone to harness the potential of an equitable and truly borderless healthcare economy. The ecosystem will drive adoption, facilitate partnerships, ensure stakeholder accountability, and help to grow the global OMX token-based health community, particularly in emerging healthcare systems."

https://cryptomode.com/shivom-co-founded-by-harvard-genomics-pioneer-george-church-launching-the-worlds-first-dna-nft-marketplace/

https://www.shivom.io/nft/

This NFT stuff is getting crazier and crazier :mess:

Popster to Popster 3,752
40 minutes ago, nynj nights said:

This NFT stuff is getting crazier and crazier :mess:

29 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I hate this NFT stuff. Not long until Elon Musk starts selling pictures of his brain cells and Mr Beast buys it. Gross.

On a completely non-academic note, when do we think Gaga's bf will convince her to auction off part of her genome for BTWF :billiecat:

• lol 2

ARTPOPster 2,450
1 hour ago, GitHub said:

The real news is they are starting an NFT Genome Marketplace called Shivom... And they are thinking you can own pieces of celebrities' genomes

Imagine explaining this sentence to someone 20 years ago :mess:

• lol 3

Popster to Popster 3,689
1 hour ago, GitHub said:

On a completely non-academic note, when do we think Gaga's bf will convince her to auction off part of her genome for BTWF :billiecat:

45 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

Imagine explaining this sentence to someone 20 years ago :mess:

The way 2011Ga would have been all over this if this had happened 10 years ago :icant:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
1 hour ago, GitHub said:

God I hope not 😬 I really, really hope she stays the f- away from NFTs

• 3 weeks later...
Popster to Popster 3,689
13 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Elon turning against Bitcoin was not something I saw coming 

As much as Elon is a controversial figure, I’m here for this one and applaud him as this is the type of bold type of fossil fuel “divestment” signaling we need from industry rn 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
6 hours ago, BenG said:

RIP tech stocks. I'm not even gonna look at my portfolio, especially with that GBP:USD exchange rate. :rip:

So someone just told me the other day about the negative relationship between tech stock prices and inflation. Why the strong correlation?

Pop-a-911-ster 38,798
23 minutes ago, nynj nights said:

So someone just told me the other day about the negative relationship between tech stock prices and inflation. Why the strong correlation?

If inflation is too high, the Fed will tighten monetary policy, e.g. increase interest rate. Cost of borrowing increases, which means less growth for tech stocks. Also, other forms of investment/savings become more attractive, e.g. saving in banks/buying bonds due to higher rates and they are more secure than stocks. Just a few reasons. Essentially, high inflation requires the economy to slow down and cuts growth.

• thanks 1

• BenG changed the title to All things💰: Tesla hits $1tn valuation
  • 3 weeks later...
  • BenG changed the title to All things💰: Grindr to go public at $2.1B valuation