Reader and Writer Club

A Popster Is Born 12,045

I just wrote a piece on how to wear the colour blue if you’re a bride :shakes:

I’m a fashion writer and used to work at Harper’s Bazaar but now I write for Brides :ally:

Edited by Daphne Guinness
  • paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 2

37 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

I’m a huge reader of Manga, Sci Fi and Fantasy. Currently devouring My Hero Academia!!! 

I’m also an unpublished author but working on my own High Fantasy series and a Cyber/Witch Punk sci fi LGBTQ+ centric series. They are going moderately ok, my day job destroys motivation to sit at a desk and write sadly.

I'm a HUGE MHA fan! If you ever wanna discuss it, feel free to message me! 

(KiriBaku for life!)

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 485

I read/write too much academia stuff rn, but I did read voraciously as a kid and as a teen wrote fanfiction (don't ask.) Current thing I'm reading is a cross-linguistic study on expletive negation.

• paws up 1

I'm into manga, and also currently reading The Silmarillion by Tolkien. Any Tolkien/LOTR fans on here? It's a bit of a difficult read (there's just so many names to memorize) but I'm really into fantasy/mythology.

Also stan Arwen and Galadriel.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,583

I read a ton but have basically only been reading Star Wars books lately cuz the world is on fire and they're not very stressful haha.  I'm looking to break out of that though so if anyone has any sci fi novels they recommend that aren't written by cishet white men let me know!

• paws up 2

• 3 weeks later...
Kindness Admin 6,892
On 11/7/2020 at 7:15 PM, Twitter said:

Where are all the writers? :cupcake:

I used to write a lot, now I write occasionally. Ha. 

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
7 hours ago, admin said:

I used to write a lot, now I write occasionally. Ha. 

I too would like to know/ be reminded of what you write if you have told us before.

Kindness Admin 6,892
22 hours ago, Twitter said:

Really? What you use to write? 

14 hours ago, Bakugo said:

I too would like to know/ be reminded of what you write if you have told us before.

Mostly scripts and plays. But the past year, off and on, I've been working on a queer horror anthology podcast/short story thing. Haha. We'll see if I ever finish it.

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,583

I used to write a ton of fiction and I think literary analysis is really fun but college absolutely murdered my interest in any of it.  It's probably been 5 or 6 years since I've been able to really write anything substantial.  Bring an English/Computer Science double major was a mistake, I just can't do it anymore 

Deactivated 14,311
6 hours ago, admin said:

Mostly scripts and plays. But the past year, off and on, I've been working on a queer horror anthology podcast/short story thing. Haha. We'll see if I ever finish it.

That last line is me with everything!