Reader and Writer Club

ARTPOPster 2,450

I finished The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo yesterday and it’s probably one of my favorite books I’ve ever read. I can’t say enough good things about the author 

Reading Slaughterhouse Five now and having trouble getting into it :awkney: hopefully it gets better 

• thanks 1

• 1 month later...
ARTPOPster 2,450

I started A Visit From The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. Maybe it all ties together at some point later on but so far it’s like each chapter is a separate short story centering around characters that get further and further removed from the supposed “main characters”. The individual chapters have been good so far but it’s hard to get into the book as a whole

i finished The Great Gatsby. It was better than I expected but I’ve heard a lot of people say it’s overrated so my expectations were pretty low going into it

Currently reading The Beautiful And Damned. I’m about 120 pages into it and there doesn’t seem to be much of a plot? Or maybe that’s the point of it, that it’s just about beautiful people doing pointless things? I’d probably give up on it if I hadn’t told someone I was reading it 

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 2,450
1 minute ago, gagaschickens said:

i started reading the little prince again, since its been almost 10 years since i last read it and i didnt understand anything back then:rip:

Are you reading the French version or a translation?

Popstanne 5,076
4 minutes ago, gagaschickens said:

i started reading the little prince again, since its been almost 10 years since i last read it and i didnt understand anything back then:rip:

S'il vous plaît...dessine-moi un mouton

zN0iaVUKrxF017SGQyzzp5n25DJFFWS5laPoJ4nt!

• lol 1

The Fame Popster 382
On 10/12/2020 at 2:54 AM, Anveeroy said:

Omg, that's fantastic.. I'm a struggling writer too, I would like have depth conversations with you! 

Me too. I've been writing a story and it's already super bad but I do like the idea I have.

• 2 weeks later...
Popster to Popster 2,686
4 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

How's is going? 

It was going quite good, but recently we are encountering another lockdown. So, I'm just wondering why didn't I wait for Covid to end :( 

• hugs 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
On 1/17/2021 at 1:31 PM, danwasd said:

Bumping up this thread y'all :oscar:

I'm currently obsessed with Mr. Stephen King. Just finished reading The Outsider and started reading The Long Walk. :oscar:

I haven't read a book in so long, it's sorta embarrassing. Maybe I should pick up something. I've never read a King book.

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 13,666
Just now, admin said:

I haven't read a book in so long, it's sorta embarrassing. Maybe I should pick up something. I've never read a King book.

Truly the King of Horror, you should give it a try :love:

• paws up 1

• 3 weeks later...
Popster to Popster 3,752

Would any of you all be interested in having a prompt thread where we can practice/share writing? Or even something like /r/lifeofnorman. Not sure if this forum would be the most appropriate place to do something like that, though.

I know many people who write professionally, but I am just speaking as a sometimes hobbyist ::-):

Popster to Popster 4,583
1 hour ago, GitHub said:

Would any of you all be interested in having a prompt thread where we can practice/share writing? Or even something like /r/lifeofnorman. Not sure if this forum would be the most appropriate place to do something like that, though.

I know many people who write professionally, but I am just speaking as a sometimes hobbyist ::-):

I'd maybe be interested, love prompts but hate sharing 🤪

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
1 hour ago, NotDoctor said:

I'd maybe be interested, love prompts but hate sharing 🤪

Yeah I get it ::-): 
Maybe "Life of Norman" or "Have We Met," where people post random stories from a fictional town, style could be fun since it's super low key, like even one sentence, but still spurs creativity. 

It's a bit strange maybe for this forum, but I just had a thought since their were a couple story threads recently.

Spoiler

I'm not a good writer by any stretch but I have no shame in sharing :mess:

• love 1