Congress finalizes Biden's win after riot disrupts Capitol

Gone

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, danwasd said:

Okay, so now that Trump isn't trying to end democracy, I can finally start complaining about Biden :oscar:

Complaining or do we reason with and keep pressuring them for what we want to see ?

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,678
1 minute ago, Bakugo said:

Complaining or do we reason with and keep pressuring them for what we want to see ?

Historically the Democrats have not been that much better than the Republicans, at least that's the international context I obtain by being in a country with a non-bipartidist system. However, I hope the pressure allows y'all to obtain the advances you deserve :kiss: 

Kindness Admin 6,892
7 hours ago, danwasd said:

Historically the Democrats have not been that much better than the Republicans, at least that's the international context I obtain by being in a country with a non-bipartidist system. However, I hope the pressure allows y'all to obtain the advances you deserve :kiss: 

Historically that is largely true, but over the past few decades the parties have started to drift apart and since Trump things have accelerated to frightening ends. Obviously, whether or not this continues is unclear, but there is no question that Bernie and the POC sections of the Democratic Party have pushed the party far more left and Trump and the tea party folk have pushed their party far more to the right. Biden is a moderate, of course, but even he has been pushed further to the left than we ever could've imaged just a decade ago.

So I think that statement has been true for a long time with exceptions, right now, I think they are far enough apart that the differences in governing will be both clear and meaningful.

Also, to be clear, we should never stop trying to push Biden and his team further left with more progressive and modern views on the world.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 3