CD/Vinyl collectors thread

Dirkje

Moderator 4,653
4 hours ago, NotDoctor said:

It's so pretty! I wasn't expecting the red of the vinyl to have such a blue undertone but I love it

Β 

Congrats!

• paws up 1

4 hours ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Can’t wait for this. Mine has yet to ship. Listening to ARTPOP on blue vinyl from UO and it sounds amazing. I have no doubt they remasteredΒ TFM for the boxset vinyl release, and have a feeling ARTPOP has gotten the same treatment. I suspect BTW will as well!

Really. I heard from people that the UO mastering was terrible and the songs skip a lot?

Popster to Popster 4,583
46 minutes ago, thetea said:

Really. I heard from people that the UO mastering was terrible and the songs skip a lot?

I can't speak to non TFM vinyls but The Fame Monster one sounds incredible. Β It's my preferred way to list to the album nowΒ 

Popster to Popster 4,583
4 hours ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Please report!

Yea, that would be a nice gesture with that album. Not us still hoping for an actual cover 8 months later...

Gonna be honest it sounds strange? Β Like strange enough that I'm worried something might be up with my set up. Β There's definitely good depth to her vocals but something with the instrumentals is off. Β Gonna have to do some trouble shooting so I can figure out if it's me, just this disk being wonky or something elseΒ 

• paws up 1

22 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Gonna be honest it sounds strange? Β Like strange enough that I'm worried something might be up with my set up. Β There's definitely good depth to her vocals but something with the instrumentals is off. Β Gonna have to do some trouble shooting so I can figure out if it's me, just this disk being wonky or something elseΒ 

Is this for the Chromatica vinyl?Β 

41 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

I can't speak to non TFM vinyls but The Fame Monster one sounds incredible. Β It's my preferred way to list to the album nowΒ 

Oh thats nice. What's your turntable setup?

Popster to Popster 4,583
30 minutes ago, thetea said:

Is this for the Chromatica vinyl?Β 

Nah the UO Red BTW

30 minutes ago, thetea said:

Oh thats nice. What's your turntable setup?

I have an AT-120LP turn table, a Magni amp and Sennheiser HD 598 headphones

6 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Nah the UO Red BTW

I have an AT-120LP turn table, a Magni amp and Sennheiser HD 598 headphones

Oh ok. My pressing of BTW is from europe and it sounds pretty bad, not gonna lie. I think they were just poorly pressed, I checked the comments of discogs and a lot of people had issues with it too.Β 

Popster to Popster 4,583

Put on my TFM record to test my set upΒ and holy sh!t the production on BR just pops so much it's so f-ing good

But that also means this BTW press might be f-ed 😬  I'll be interested to see what people say on Twitter and Discogs.  I think it might just be my Side 1 but we'll see.  MTN, BTW, GH, Judas and American were rough but Hair seems fine 

@HeavyMetalLoverΒ did you order the red BTW ones as well? I'm hoping it's just my disks being defectiveΒ 

Edited by NotDoctor
  • paws up 1

26 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Put on my TFM record to test my set upΒ and holy sh!t the production on BR just pops so much it's so f-ing good

But that also means this BTW press might be f-ed 😬  I'll be interested to see what people say on Twitter and Discogs.  I think it might just be my Side 1 but we'll see.  MTN, BTW, GH, Judas and American were rough but Hair seems fine 

@HeavyMetalLoverΒ did you order the red BTW ones as well? I'm hoping it's just my disks being defectiveΒ 

I did! No shipping notice yet. I’ll let you know though!

TF/TFM sound incredible. As does ARTPOP! I have high hopes for BTW.

Popster to Popster 4,583
40 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

I did! No shipping notice yet. I’ll let you know though!

TF/TFM sound incredible. As does ARTPOP! I have high hopes for BTW.

After doing a lot of testing it looks like my Side 1 is just fΓΌcked. Β Gonna try and get it replaced

Other than that,Β I don't think it's as much of a jump as TFM was but specifically the bridge in HML and Electric Chapel in general sound fantasticΒ 

• paws up 2

Moderator 4,653

My status: I’m currently working on getting Miley Cyrus her discography. Also I was already working on Anastacia, I want hers complete as well.

And then I’m gonna go for Kelis and BeyoncΓ©.Β 

• paws up 1

Does anyone know where to get the ARTPOP Walmart CD for cheap? (foiled and non foiled) I literally cannot find it anywhere for under $35 dollars and thats without shipping

R-5212020-1387627196-9274.jpeg.jpgR-5122197-1387625957-9262.jpeg.jpg

Edited by thetea

Moderator 4,653

Yup! My two Bey albums have arrived. The newer, the harder the CD is to find. So now that I have Lemonade and self titled, I'm pretty confident I'm gonna complete her discography!

• paws up 1

6 hours ago, Dirkje said:

Yup! My two Bey albums have arrived. The newer, the harder the CD is to find. So now that I have Lemonade and self titled, I'm pretty confident I'm gonna complete her discography!

Do u collect Mariah Carey cd

Moderator 4,653
6 hours ago, thetea said:

Do u collect Mariah Carey cd

Not now but maybe in the future. I always collect with a plan :)Β 

On 12/25/2020 at 5:27 AM, NotDoctor said:

I just got the white whale of my collection and I'm so f-ing happy :gaga-thanks:

Welcome to the stage.... Born This Way The Remix!

spacer.png

People price gouge the f- out of this and I'm so happy that I finally found a copy.Β  Truly a Christmas Miracle

OMG where did u get this from?

On 12/20/2020 at 8:02 PM, A Little Monsterrr said:

I have 200 Gaga vinyls (collected in the span of 9 years) and a lot of 90s artists' vinyls

OMG post ur list