All things : New iPad and iPad Pro released

BenG

• BenG changed the title to Apple October Event (In less than 2 hours!)
Pop-a-911-ster 38,795
2 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

The whole lineup leaked 2 hours ago and my oh my did nothing major of the design change. :rip:

Reveal hidden contents

iphoen_12_leak.0.jpg

No major design change was expected other than a flat side

The Fame Popster 264
5 minutes ago, beng said:

No major design change was expected other than a flat side

Kinda embarrassing that the same design is being used for 4 annual flagship phones. Where is the Apple that announced Siri and changed the game? Where is the Apple that introduced Touch ID to their phones and made every single company do the same? Apple has become so boring. 

Pop-a-911-ster 38,795
14 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Kinda embarrassing that the same design is being used for 4 annual flagship phones. Where is the Apple that announced Siri and changed the game? Where is the Apple that introduced Touch ID to their phones and made every single company do the same? Apple has become so boring. 

Port-less design next year (hopefully) :shakes:

• BenG changed the title to Apple October Event (ONE hour to go!)
Pop-a-911-ster 38,795
6 minutes ago, Kattys said:

I'm excited for this! My iPhone 8+ was stolen so currently I use iPhone 7. Looking for upgrade :classic_sleep:

Gonna be a huge step-up from a 7.

• BenG changed the title to Apple October Event (30 mins to go!)
Kindness Admin 6,892

I'm a bit bust at work, but couldn't be more excited for this, mostly cause I'll be getting the smaller pro in blue. I am an Apple fanatic and spend a lot of time in the community and sometimes developing apps.

I'll catch in with y'all during or after the event.

• paws up 2

• BenG changed the title to Apple October Event (Here we go!)
Kindness Admin 6,892

Next year when the HomePod mini is on sale for like $75, I might switch my smart speakers over to the mini. If the reviews are good, which they almost surely will be. 

The Fame Popster 264

Was really impressed with how they built a house set to showcase the HomePod mini (especially with how most of us are spending lots of time at home), but the presentation took a huge dip when Tim started. Feels so awkward and rushed.

• paws up 1

Community Leader 2,817
8 hours ago, beng said:

The Pixel 5 has a one year old chip btw but the camera is second to none.

Except for video. Still images are slightly better, but the iPhone Pros have better video quality 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 264
Just now, Joannesrats said:

Except for video. Still images are slightly better, but the iPhone Pros have better video quality 

They focused on video this year for the Pixel 5 so that might no longer be true. :fall:

Community Leader 2,817
Just now, LetsGetHigh said:

They focused on video this year for the Pixel 5 so that might no longer be true. :fall:

We’ll see, it’s hard to beat 60fps 4K. My XS, a 2 year old phone, has that. I’m surprised it’s taken google this long to consider it. And it’s actually 120fps, but Apple merges every other frame to balance exposure. 

Community Leader 2,817
Just now, LetsGetHigh said:

Didn't they claim 4 Gbps literally 5 minutes ago, and now it's 3.5 Gbps? :rip: 

The 4Gbps was a Verizon claim - not Apple. Apple may only go up to 3.5 but Verizon is offering 4 in their ultrafast cities. 

The Fame Popster 264
Just now, Joannesrats said:

We’ll see, it’s hard to beat 60fps 4K. My XS, a 2 year old phone, has that. I’m surprised it’s taken google this long to consider it. And it’s actually 120fps, but Apple merges every other frame to balance exposure. 

Google probably didn't want to enable 4K@60FPS before they mastered it. I know this is an Apple thread and I apologize for spamming about Pixels at this point nn, but Google's software for their cams is legit astonishing and amazing.

• BenG changed the title to All things : New iPad and iPad Pro released