All things : New iPad and iPad Pro released

BenG

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687
Just now, NotDoctor said:

I've been on Android since like 2010 and I'm so sick of Google's bullshit, ditching my Pixel for an iPhone this week hopefully

Come join the dark side

401f902c1e75ac025d3fdd0d5b5cd2ed.jpg

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Popster 95

I have the X still and, while I'm not in a rush to upgrade soon, I'm looking forward to what changes they'll make to the iPhones!  Hopefully there'll be an overhaul next year so that I can upgrade, it's already been 3 years since the X came out already! :ally:

The Fame Popster 264

What is the new design that everyone keeps mentioning? I've randomly kept up with the leaks, and AFAIK, there's a LiDAR sensor added at the back, and minor changes to the notch at the front. Is there a major change to the design?

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687
1 minute ago, LetsGetHigh said:

What is the new design that everyone keeps mentioning? I've randomly kept up with the leaks, and AFAIK, there's a LiDAR sensor added at the back, and minor changes to the notch at the front. Is there a major change to the design?

Flat sides. LiDAR sensor for Pro and Pro Max models. No changes to notch, except a narrower but taller notch on the mini due to the phone size.

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687
1 minute ago, SamanthaC said:

Ready for this so I can get a new phone cheaper. Also, why does Apple have to come out with their smart home after everything is working with Alexa at my house??

HomePod existed since 2018?

• shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687
Just now, SamanthaC said:

I was joking, I didn't really know that. (Or if I did, I forgot.)  I think you missed my edit with the second emoji. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh lol. I was like why are you surprised with the HomePod mini when the original one has been out for almost 3 years haha

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687
7 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

Yeah we've had echo for years. But all our phones, computers, watches are Apple.

I wonder if Siri is handicapped by Apple's privacy stance.

The Fame Popster 264

HomePod is an actual flop. I don't know why Apple bothers. I know that competition is great, but the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa surpass Siri by miles, and Apple doesn't really seem to improve her. 

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687

Looks like MagSafe charging mats are pretty much confirmed. A third-party seller just unveiled the following charger.

MPOWJAPAN___cut007.jpg

Edited by beng

12 hours ago, Joannesrats said:

i'm waiting to see the specs on the new macbook processors and i NEED the launch date of the new iphones. My contract is almost up on the one I have now so I'm itching to get a new one. I am a bit annoyed though. I just got a new, really powerful macbook pro last year that I thought would be great for 5 or 6 years, but now I'm afraid apple won't be pushing updates to it for the OS or software as it requires a different programming architecture 

The launch dates are supposed to vary, with the Pro models supposed to come all the way mid-November, allegedly. 

11 hours ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

I’m running ios 14.2 :shine:

and honestly they’re beginning to phase the older models out already. I’ve been having quite a few glitches. And the back of my phone is destroyed bc I had a phone case i THOUGHT was protective that wasn’t :snake:

A good case I've had is the Rhinoshield Crash guard. It only surrounds the sides but as long as your phone falls on a flat surface they claim like 11 foot drops. I've had them on my last 5 phones and every single phone I've dropped the case has saved my phone from ANY damage. 

11 hours ago, NotDoctor said:

I've been on Android since like 2010 and I'm so sick of Google's bullshit, ditching my Pixel for an iPhone this week hopefully

I'm over Pixel's sh!t as well. I've had the Nexus 6P and every single Pixel. Although Assistant integration is amazing most of the time, I feel like it increasingly screws up my queries. There's huge software bugs with each iteration and any sort of biometric authentication breaks at some point and wi randomly work on and off. 

10 hours ago, beng said:

Oh lol. I was like why are you surprised with the HomePod mini when the original one has been out for almost 3 years haha

The HomePod Mini will apparently still not compete with the budget versions of Nest and Alexa because they're allegedly positioned at $99 which is sad to see. 

2 hours ago, LetsGetHigh said:

HomePod is an actual flop. I don't know why Apple bothers. I know that competition is great, but the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa surpass Siri by miles, and Apple doesn't really seem to improve her. 

Mostly because Apple doesn't collect the same amount of information that the other two do. Google literally collects off every Google search and Assistant query, and Apple tries to not mine data the same way. It's slower to evolve but it apparently isn't as invasive. 

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 264
42 minutes ago, justhislife said:

Mostly because Apple doesn't collect the same amount of information that the other two do. Google literally collects off every Google search and Assistant query, and Apple tries to not mine data the same way. It's slower to evolve but it apparently isn't as invasive.

That's definitely not how I see it, because even a lot of basic functions Siri cannot do. For example, I asked for Siri to show me a song's lyrics, and Siri was not able to do it and returned search results for my query. Google Assistant just showed me the lyrics directly with no problem. 

Do you have the Pixel 4 btw? I'm thinking of getting the 5 (would be my first Pixel) and am surprised to see your comment that Pixels get random bugs. 

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687
25 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

That's definitely not how I see it, because even a lot of basic functions Siri cannot do. For example, I asked for Siri to show me a song's lyrics, and Siri was not able to do it and returned search results for my query. Google Assistant just showed me the lyrics directly with no problem. 

Do you have the Pixel 4 btw? I'm thinking of getting the 5 (would be my first Pixel) and am surprised to see your comment that Pixels get random bugs. 

The Pixel 5 has a one year old chip btw but the camera is second to none.

The Fame Popster 264
46 minutes ago, beng said:

The Pixel 5 has a one year old chip btw but the camera is second to none.

I think the Snapdragon 765G was announced early 2020... But I don't do any mobile gaming or any intensive things on my phone, so I'm actually happy that Google didn't go with the Snapdragon 865 chipset because it means the best phone cam for a cheaper price. IMO, the Pixel 4a 5G could prove to be a huge contender to the iPhone 12 lineup, especially that the iPhone 12 mini is priced as much as the iPhone 11, and the iPhone 12 is more expensive than its predecessor. 

Popster to Popster 4,583

I thought it was 10 AM EST /sob

6 hours ago, justhislife said:

I'm over Pixel's sh!t as well. I've had the Nexus 6P and every single Pixel. Although Assistant integration is amazing most of the time, I feel like it increasingly screws up my queries. There's huge software bugs with each iteration and any sort of biometric authentication breaks at some point and wi randomly work on and off.

Totally agreed (man I miss the Nexus phones and my old Nexus 7).  The more I learn about the data Google is scraping off users, the further I get pushed away as well.  I'm working on decentralizing my data as much as possible which means I'm basically divorcing myself from all Google products.

• BenG changed the title to All things : New iPad and iPad Pro released