All things : New iPad and iPad Pro released

BenG

Kindness Admin 6,892
10 minutes ago, beng said:

Gonna be a tough decision between the 12 mini and 11 Pro for me.

The mini is gorgeous and if it existed when the X came out, I likely would've gotten it. Now I feel I'm too used to the larger screen.

Just now, Mirages said:

Definitely getting the Pro one. Rather disappointed that they don’t ship a charger with it. Not everyone has an USB C adapter lol 

But anyways, imma just use my cheap Amazon charger :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Joannesrats said:

We’ll see, it’s hard to beat 60fps 4K. My XS, a 2 year old phone, has that. I’m surprised it’s taken google this long to consider it. And it’s actually 120fps, but Apple merges every other frame to balance exposure. 

2 hours ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Google probably didn't want to enable 4K@60FPS before they mastered it. I know this is an Apple thread and I apologize for spamming about Pixels at this point nn, but Google's software for their cams is legit astonishing and amazing.

Google didn't want to enable it because battery life on their phones was already criticized. And their official response was that most people use 1080p and the amount of space 4k60fps uses.

The Fame Popster 264
2 minutes ago, justhislife said:

Google didn't want to enable it because battery life on their phones was already criticized. And their official response was that most people use 1080p and the amount of space 4k60fps uses.

I guess Google isn't comfortable releasing a 4K@60FPS capable device with 64GB default storage. :oops:

Kindness Admin 6,892
23 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Definitely getting the Pro one. Rather disappointed that they don’t ship a charger with it. Not everyone has an USB C adapter lol 

Yeah, I understand the reason for removing the block (financial and the environment), but it's weird to switch to a new port and say everyone already has a charging block when 95% of the charging blocks Apple has shipped before have been a different port. Like, come on.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,784
33 minutes ago, admin said:

Yeah, I understand the reason for removing the block (financial and the environment), but it's weird to switch to a new port and say everyone already has a charging block when 95% of the charging blocks Apple has shipped before have been a different port. Like, come on.

And the Apple Watch ships with a USB-A cable :katy_pie:

The Fame Popster 477
1 hour ago, beng said:

Gonna be a tough decision between the 12 mini and 11 Pro for me.

I would go with 11 Pro because of the battery.

But I'll be probably upgrading to 12 - perfect size for me.

Pop-a-911-ster 38,784
1 minute ago, Kattys said:

I would go with 11 Pro because of the battery.

But I'll be probably upgrading to 12 - perfect size for me.

The 11 Pro seems a little big for me though. I'm still using the OG SE.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Yeah I understand it too and it’s great! But yet I don’t get why they ship just a cable and not the plug. But at least it‘s fast charger (?) me thinks.

Pop-a-911-ster 38,784
5 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Yeah I understand it too and it’s great! But yet I don’t get why they ship just a cable and not the plug. But at least it‘s fast charger (?) me thinks.

Fast charging depends on the plug, not the cable

The Fame Popster 264
5 hours ago, Kattys said:

What do you mean? Why so aggressive?

A woman was presenting about Apple's eco plans and she was on the roof the Apple HQ. Didn't mean for it to be aggressive, sorry if it sounded that way. :classic_unsure:

ARTPOPster 1,472
9 minutes ago, beng said:

So who's getting a new iPhone?

Not the GP from what I can tell :ladyhaha:

Looks like everyone was hyped especially since it was delayed already and then it was kind of lackluster... Don't know what they could've done either. Smartphones are kinda saturated. 

And based on some stuff I saw on Twitter, many people weren't exactly thrilled with the iPhone 4 Refresh design. I kinda like it but it's not the most thrilling thing in the world. 

And 5G isn't ready in the US yet unfortunately. Covid ruined that too. 

• BenG changed the title to All things : New iPad and iPad Pro released