All things : New iPad and iPad Pro released

BenG

Community Leader 2,817
2 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Google probably didn't want to enable 4K@60FPS before they mastered it. I know this is an Apple thread and I apologize for spamming about Pixels at this point nn, but Google's software for their cams is legit astonishing and amazing.

Apple mastered it in 2017 :tea:

Kindness Admin 6,892

I have an X and will likely get the pro, but I really hate they put most of the camera improvements in the Max. Makes the normal Pro very minimally impressive compared to the normal 12. Unsure I want to live without the fourth camera and minor benefits from the Lidar tho, so pacific blue pro it is?

• BenG changed the title to Apple October Event: iPhone and HomePod mini
Pop-a-911-ster 38,687
16 minutes ago, admin said:

I have an X and will likely get the pro, but I really hate they put most of the camera improvements in the Max. Makes the normal Pro very minimally impressive compared to the normal 12. Unsure I want to live without the fourth camera and minor benefits from the Lidar tho, so pacific blue pro it is?

I think the 12 Pro is worth the money over the 12 if you have the money. Once you take into account the storage, the price delta is only $150. The Pro has 6 GB of RAM instead of 4 GB, and it comes with the telephoto lens, which now supports Night Mode.

Edited by beng
  • paws up 1

9 hours ago, LetsGetHigh said:

That's definitely not how I see it, because even a lot of basic functions Siri cannot do. For example, I asked for Siri to show me a song's lyrics, and Siri was not able to do it and returned search results for my query. Google Assistant just showed me the lyrics directly with no problem. 

Do you have the Pixel 4 btw? I'm thinking of getting the 5 (would be my first Pixel) and am surprised to see your comment that Pixels get random bugs. 

Well it seems like Siri has issues with voice models, and using people's queries would be the best way to train it. So people being able to opt out of sending their data and people not relying on Siri probably affects that. 

Yes, every Pixel I have has had an issue. The Pixel 1 had a class action lawsuits that dragged on for years. I feel like the 2 might have had one as well. I was happy with them until the 3 during which my fingerprint sensor didn't work half the time. I got the 4 so I'd have face unlock but a couple months ago (I got it in May) it just said it couldn't recognize my face and would stop working randomly. There's no telling when it turns back on and I haven't figured a way to restart it. Also, I updated my phone from the Beta to the official release and my phone continues to randomly restart. Sometimes apps randomly freeze up and it has issues even returning to the home screen. When I log into apps, at times my phone will return to home screen and then just lock itself. When I unlock it it returns to the app. The face unlock issue not working has been acknowledged but they have no clue what causes it. Obviously this will be different with the 5 because it goes back to fingerprint scanner. But it highlights all the issues with their software, and them abandoning face unlock after 1 year shows their lack of support for features they develop. 

4 hours ago, NotDoctor said:

I thought it was 10 AM EST /sob

Totally agreed (man I miss the Nexus phones and my old Nexus 7).  The more I learn about the data Google is scraping off users, the further I get pushed away as well.  I'm working on decentralizing my data as much as possible which means I'm basically divorcing myself from all Google products.

At least the Nexus phones mostly worked and were a good value for money spent. I don't really mind them getting my data because they get it with Google searches and a million other things along with every other major company. I love the integration between Google apps but Apple has been working aggressively to catch up. 

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687

Only US models will be compatible with mmWave 5G.

11 Pro might be a better deal over 12, depending on price.

Edited by beng
  • shook 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
34 minutes ago, Patch The Line said:

See u next year with a new Lady Gaga video shot on iPhone 12 Pro Max

You mean in 4 years :awkney:

• BenG changed the title to All things : New iPad and iPad Pro released