All things : New iPad and iPad Pro released

BenG

The Fame Popster 477
11 hours ago, beng said:

So who's getting a new iPhone?

Probably me, but after christmas - it'll be like a group present from myself and family :snake:

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687

I have second thoughts tbh. The 12 series will be a short-lived line-up. iPhones will probably be released in September again next year. Given the delay of the 12 mini till November, it will only be the latest iPhone for 10 months, and a huge chunk of these 10 months I'll just be sitting at home.

Kindness Admin 6,892
15 hours ago, beng said:

So who's getting a new iPhone?

256GB Pacific Blue iPhone Pro.

That said, I do have some slight reservations about not getting the Max for the better camera, but I really just can't see myself using a phone that large.

Popster to Popster 4,583
9 minutes ago, admin said:

That said, I do have some slight reservations about not getting the Max for the better camera, but I really just can't see myself using a phone that large.

Literally exact same; I'm hoping I can get a pre-order Friday so I can throw my dying Pixel into a fire.

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687
8 hours ago, admin said:

I think the Max camera will only be noticeably better if you zoom in a lot for pictures or take videos. The main difference is the telephoto lens and the stabilisation right?

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687
1 hour ago, tealambition said:

I usually travel to the US to get the new iPhone but borders are closed so I might just wait until the iPhone 13 to switch from my 11 :snake:

The 12 isn't much of an upgrade from the 11 tbh. Just slightly better screen, cameras and 5G.

• paws up 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
14 hours ago, beng said:

I think the Max camera will only be noticeably better if you zoom in a lot for pictures or take videos. The main difference is the telephoto lens and the stabilisation right?

The main wide camera has a new, larger sensor which allows 87% improvement in low-light situations. that said, the other phones have a 27% increase - so we can gather the Max has a 47% increase in low-light photography over the other 12 phones. And this, of course, ignores the advantages of the better software processing which likely compound.

That said, compared to my X, it'll be a sizable jump. Also, checked in, if I sell my soul to AT&T (and my iPhone X) for another 30 months, I can get the phone I listed above for $300 plus taxes. That's pretty enticing - $524.5 VS buying through Apple with Apple Card cash back and trade in.

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687
9 hours ago, admin said:

The main wide camera has a new, larger sensor which allows 87% improvement in low-light situations. that said, the other phones have a 27% increase - so we can gather the Max has a 47% increase in low-light photography over the other 12 phones. And this, of course, ignores the advantages of the better software processing which likely compound.

That said, compared to my X, it'll be a sizable jump. Also, checked in, if I sell my soul to AT&T (and my iPhone X) for another 30 months, I can get the phone I listed above for $300 plus taxes. That's pretty enticing - $524.5 VS buying through Apple with Apple Card cash back and trade in.

Urgh I want the Apple Card so bad

• paws up 1

• BenG changed the title to All Things Apple: Pre-Order Your iPhone 12/12 Pro Today
Popster to Popster 4,583
1 hour ago, Paradise is in my hands said:

This is what I’m getting.🙌

Looks like you, me and @admin are gonna be fighting over the same phones. 

spacer.png

For some reason I'm pretty nervous I won't be able to get one pre-ordered but I'm gonna try anyway 😅

Edited by NotDoctor
  • paws up 1

Kindness Admin 6,892

Mine is ordered. $97.62 up front. $30 activation fee on my next bill and then $10 a month for 30 months. So $427.62 with trade in instead of the normal price of $1,226.62. Not bad, not bad :oops:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,583

Got mine :classic_biggrin: Got it unlocked direct from Apple. Their site kept f-ing up and it gave me a damn heart attack

.........do I need an apple watch now

Edited by NotDoctor
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687
32 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Got mine :classic_biggrin: Got it unlocked direct from Apple. Their site kept f-ing up and it gave me a damn heart attack

.........do I need an apple watch now

I just got the SE! My first Apple Watch and I love it.

• paws up 3

• BenG changed the title to All things : New iPad and iPad Pro released