All things : New iPad and iPad Pro released

BenG

Pop-a-911-ster 38,795
21 hours ago, NotDoctor said:

Name a more iconic duo.  I'll wait...

spacer.png

But for real finally got my iphone 12 pro today and I'm so excited 😁

Holy crap that red watch is sexy af

Which colour did you get for the iPhone?

Edited by beng
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
12 minutes ago, beng said:

Holy crap that red watch is sexy af

Which colour did you get for the iPhone?

I was really worried that the red out be too gaudy, but I love how striking it is!

My phone is pacific blue, I got a clear plastic cover cuz I love it too much to hide haha

Forgetting 10 years worth of Android muscle memory has been a lot harder than I thought.  Not having a dedicated back button is throwing me

Edited by NotDoctor
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,795
2 hours ago, NotDoctor said:

I was really worried that the red out be too gaudy, but I love how striking it is!

My phone is pacific blue, I got a clear plastic cover cuz I love it too much to hide haha

Forgetting 10 years worth of Android muscle memory has been a lot harder than I thought.  Not having a dedicated back button is throwing me

I love the red for the watch. The blue turned out to be too subtle.

How's the lack of Home Button feeling haha

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
29 minutes ago, beng said:

I love the red for the watch. The blue turned out to be too subtle.

How's the lack of Home Button feeling haha

Surprisingly, not having the home button isn't as big of an issue.  Android had implemented a swipe up from the bottom gesture a while ago so that one hasn't been as much of a learning curve.  I just keep finding myself deep in an app and feel like "well f- I guess I'm just stuck here forever :katy_pie:" cuz the navigation isn't ingrained yet. 

Edited by NotDoctor

• BenG changed the title to All Things : Nov 10 - "One More Thing" Apple Event
Kindness Admin 6,892
30 minutes ago, beng said:

Will it be a MacBook Pro? MacBook Air? Revival of the MacBook? iMac? Mac mini?

Stay tuned.

I'm trying to avoid the rumors - but I expect a MacBook, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. Go all out.

Pop-a-911-ster 38,795
4 minutes ago, admin said:

I'm trying to avoid the rumors - but I expect a MacBook, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. Go all out.

Im expecting MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and iMac.

Kindness Admin 6,892
On 11/2/2020 at 5:22 PM, Joannesrats said:

I’m expecting the new apple pro headphones and a lot of tech info on their new processors 

I am happy with my basic AirPods (and future AirPods Pro gen 2), but I am SO interested in the processors and how much they scale up from the current processors. It'll be interesting if we get something like this each year:

a# - iPhone/iPad line line

a#X - iPad Pro/Macbook/MacBook Air

a#Z - MacBook Pro/iMac

With some upgrades with ram/GPU between each variation (more with the X and especially Z line). Plus, every few years an a#Pro specifically for something like the Mac Pro and maybe iMac Pro.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,472

It's gonna be ARM MacBook of course. Exciting time for computers. I'm not a Mac person but Apple releasing ARM computers will help the developer/app ecosystem a lot even on the Windows side on devices like Surface Pro X. :) 

• paws up 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
3 hours ago, beng said:

Available now!

One of my close friends just ordered a Mini and I CANNOT wait to play with it. Imma be jealous I think.

• paws up 1

Community Leader 2,817

I foresee these processors changing the game quite a bit, especially if they use the 5nm technology from their mobile chips. I think Intel is still using 9nm so if Apple can make desktop-grade processors that have much more power available to them with better thermal reduction it'll be insane what they do. Now, that doesn't mean that they'll go that route. I think they'll be turning towards efficiency and low-heat output processors that keep the same level of performance rather than increasing performance 5x and still dealing with heat issues/high power consumption. 

The fact that they have a 10 core processor in a phone right now is absolutely wild. 

• paws up 1

Community Leader 2,817
1 minute ago, admin said:

One of my close friends just ordered a Mini and I CANNOT wait to play with it. Imma be jealous I think.

My mom and I are getting the 12 Pro Max this weekend. Verizon is offering a buy one/get one with a new line and she can transfer her prepaid account to a new line and keep the number so she's getting one for free!

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 38,795
13 minutes ago, admin said:

It's gonna feel so tiny haha. I'm waiting for battery life reviews.

Kindness Admin 6,892
3 hours ago, beng said:

It's gonna feel so tiny haha. I'm waiting for battery life reviews.

Yeah, that's the real fear. Even the 12 Pro, the battery is fine, not amazing. Although, I haven't turned 5G off yet, which I would if we weren't in a pandemic and I left my house for longer than 3 hours at a time, lol.

• BenG changed the title to All things : New iPad and iPad Pro released