admin

The Fame Popster 276
2 hours ago, NFRockwell said:

A new logo would be cool, not really that important though

ย  Hide contents

spacer.png
something like thisย :cupcake:ย but betterย :bradley:

ย 

wait, can we just use this one? it's so good!

• thanks 1

The Popster 217
5 minutes ago, raragaga said:

wait, can we just use this one? it's so good!

Thank youย :gaga-thanks:ย Iโ€™d love a 911 inspired logo on the server!

Edited by NFRockwell
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 276
4 minutes ago, NFRockwell said:

Thank youย :gaga-thanks:ย Iโ€™d love a 911 inspired logo on the server!

@adminย this logo or some variation! It's just too good to pass upย E527.gif

86-E61754-FDF4-4-BA3-942-A-4-B51-C0-ECA9

ย 

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 769

we should find a way to be able to host streaming parties! maybe like a temporary discord server that gets deleted at the end so people can all listen together and go nuts in the chat?

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Community Leader 2,817

Another suggestion! I was reminded by @ProjectJoanne, but I think that for any creators on here, a mod team or Admin could really help promote that on the home page.ย 

For any big project or collectionย someone puts out, such as an album or collection of paintings or something, I think that an interview would be such a cool way to show off the process and help get the work out there. Keep it up on the main page as a banner for a week or so, like across the top not the scrolling ones. (I'd love to do the interviews tbh)

• yaas, gaga 3

ARTPOPster 2,173
4 minutes ago, Joannesrats said:

Another suggestion! I was reminded by @ProjectJoanne, but I think that for any creators on here, a mod team or Admin could really help promote that on the home page.ย 

For any big project or collectionย someone puts out, such as an album or collection of paintings or something, I think that an interview would be such a cool way to show off the process and help get the work out there. Keep it up on the main page as a banner for a week or so, like across the top not the scrolling ones. (I'd love to do the interviews tbh)

This would be such an amazing idea!!! Like have a big box that promotes a user's art and creations to everyone that logs on, that would be so awesome!ย :shine:

• paws up 1

Gaming Leader 8,440

All those greats ideas, we truly outsoldย :oscar:.

โ€ข I saw something about voting the mods, I have to agree !ย We rioted about the mods for a reason, we should be allowed to decide who we (fairly) think would be the most appropriate to fill that role. I prefer to stayย an iconic user, that way I can be kind and messyย :ohyes:. I have great people in mind to be mods or CC.

โ€ข Also, more emoji is a must !ย :nicki_scream:ย We had a thread going with fire ones that had me cracking (and relating).

โ€ข Overall,ย a clearly shown policy and guidelines that we willย pull as receipt when we report the rats and racists (because they will be there eventually).ย :awkney:

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,889

@adminย You really are killing it. Thanks for taking so many of us in and making a safe and comfortable environment. I will say I feel more at "home" here in a few days than I did in my 7 years at GGD.ย 

I agree with all when I say more/bigger emotes and the simpler sorting of categories. Besides that, I can't think of much else.ย 

• paws up 3

Kindness Admin 6,892
3 hours ago, Joannesrats said:

I actually had an idea like this too! I really do want to get something like this going.

I think the mixed reaction to voting on mods makes a lot of sense. I want people to have a say, even if that's not the final decider. A few people here and elsewhere also mentioned multiple types of 'mods' and such. I think that's a great idea. It's going to take me a bit of time to figure out exactly what capabilities we have here for that, but I'm pretty sure we can make something work out nicely!

• paws up 4
  • thanks 1

The Fame Popster 401

I've loved what you've done with the place so far!

I'm curious about two things:ย 

1. In the future, could mods oversee specific forums? We can't expect everyone to care about every topic/issueย equally but users shouldn't suffer for it.ย For instance, someone who genuinely cares aboutย news/politics could look after thatย forum in a way that fosters appropriateย discussionย and accountability amongst users. The chart thread is another example of aย self-regulating, autonomous community we probablyย don't need 3 or 4 mods casually overseeing. Ideally, moderation here will not be centered around fielding reports/issuing wps but actually fostering communityย and one way we could ensure that is through aย 'first amongst equals' approach.ย 

2. Is there a way for us to delete comments? I assume it's complicated/impossibleย but it would be niceย :ohyes:

Edited by blue
  • paws up 5
  • thanks 1

Community Leader 454
3 minutes ago, blue said:

1. In the future, could mods oversee specific forums? We can't expect everyone to care about every topic/issueย equally but users shouldn't suffer for it.ย For instance, someone who genuinely cares aboutย news/politics could look after thatย forum in a way that fosters appropriateย discussionย and accountability amongst users. The chart thread is another example of aย self-regulating, autonomous community we probablyย don't need 3 or 4 mods casually overseeing. Ideally, moderation here will not be centered around fielding reports/issuing wps and one way we could ensure that is through aย 'first amongst equals' approach.ย 

ย 

Thatโ€™s a good idea!

• thanks 1

The Fame Popster 424
7 hours ago, admin said:

Haha, this has been suggested quite a bit. I will look into it, I plan on giving monthly updates on the site, so I'll have an update on this for next month. It will likely come down to a mix of technology, price and moderation.ย 

we stan a smart and dedicated Admin

Also another thing, Iโ€™m aware itโ€™s probably not easy but maybe in the future we could have different themes? I was bummed when they removed them from GGD I thought it was a fun feature to haveย 

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 264

I love the new home page. I do think that having a "New topics" section is important, though. Right now, the home page shows the user the 30 most recently commented-on threads (across 3 different topics or "filters) as opposed to the old home page that showed 10. IMO, 30 is a bit overkill, maybe it can be lowered to 15-21 threads or so, and the vertical space that is now freed can be used for the "New topics" section, which can be 3x wider than the normal section layout, but 0.3x shorter (if that makes sense lol).

• thanks 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
26 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

I love the new home page. I do think that having a "New topics" section is important, though. Right now, the home page shows the user the 30 most recently commented-on threads (across 3 different topics or "filters) as opposed to the old home page that showed 10. IMO, 30 is a bit overkill, maybe it can be lowered to 15-21 threads or so, and the vertical space that is now freed can be used for the "New topics" section, which can be 3x wider than the normal section layout, but 0.3x shorter (if that makes sense lol).

Agreed and added, not quite how you suggested, but we'll see how it feels!

• thanks 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
2 minutes ago, beng said:

Can the titles on the list of threads be bolded? It will give some sort of visual hierarchy.ย 

I spent about two hours going back and forth on bolding them (among tons of other adjustments). In the end, I came down on not, but willing to re-look at. I find it's overwhelming when there is bold everywhere.

image.png

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 38,802
14 minutes ago, admin said:

I spent about two hours going back and forth on bolding them (among tons of other adjustments). In the end, I came down on not, but willing to re-look at. I find it's overwhelming when there is bold everywhere.

image.png

Maybe a larger font?

• paws up 1

• admin unfeatured this topic