Drake is recovering from surgery and physical rehab

Delusional

No hate, but his new albums were not it. His old albums had this magic, and the songs were so catchy. His newer ones are all sampled and feel uninspired. I hope he takes a long break and comes up with a cohesive piece of work that has substance, quality and does not revolve around the same subjects. He can write good lyrics, meaningful ones but a lot of his songs revolve around the same thingsย 

• paws up 2

Gaming Leader 8,440
Just now, Twitter said:

What you meanย quality... :katy:

Dark Lanes Demo Tapes was exactly what he said the album was: demo tapes to feed fans over quarantine.

Scorpion was quality but I do agree on less tracks. In the hip-hop and R&B industry its a thing to have an album with 15-25 tracks.

You think I don't know how Hip-hop album works? It's the thing now with streaming to put out album with 25+ tracks.

My example for what I want from Drake is Culture, not Culture II.ย :mess:ย Please don't give me another Views.ย 

• shook 1

Gaming Leader 8,440
17 minutes ago, Twitter said:

That is the Migos not Drake. :katy:ย 

I said my EXAMPLEย for whatย I want from Drake.

I want 12 hard bops (Culture), not 33 snoozers (Culture II). I don't want Views, I want Take Care or IYRTITL.

71a6a01f71b069b0cd7e35094cfe865e.thumb.j

• sad 1

51 minutes ago, Twitter said:

In the hip-hop and R&B industry its a thing to have an album with 15-25 tracks.

And if your Chris Brown its perfectly normal to have 42 subpar songs!

• lol 1

Just now, Twitter said:

Idk where Chris Brown got this concept from attempting to be Drake. At least with Drakeโ€™s albums he will have 18-22 tracks but half of them are hip-hop and the other be R&B or pop hits. Chris Brown canโ€™t do this and he needs to cut it out.

PERIOD. I liked a few of the songs, but most of them were clout chasing and just trying to bulk out his streaming numbers and possible chart positions with this many songs. His album charted for a long time in my country because of this fraudery. He needs to switch up his flow, do different genres and be more creative. He should do more songs like these, I loved these

ย 

Next To You with JB (huge bop)

Yeah 3x

I Can Transform Ya

Brown Skin Girl

Kiss Kissย 

ย 

• yaas, gaga 1

49 minutes ago, Twitter said:

That collab album he did with Tyga was phenomenal. He could honestly do a collab album with Drake sinceย heโ€™s so big on charting high. Because No Guidance was great!

No Guidance was such a bop. Heat with Gunna was too.ย 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Chris Brown is talented, he can sing, dance and his voice suits many genres. He needs to utilise it. Have you guys heard Easy (Remix) with DaniLeigh it was popular in 2019. Its such an R&B bop and it sounds amazing in a car with heavy bass.ย 

ย 

• thanks 1

1 minute ago, Twitter said:

Nice to see some users have good taste in R&B and hip-hop music here!ย :bradley:

I grew up with R&B, Hip Hop and Reggae so I love those genres. Also Mariah Carey. Touch My Body is such a bop and I was always singing that when I was little:billie:

• hugs 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,155
x2
7 minutes ago, thetea said:

Chris Brown is talented, he can sing, dance and his voice suits many genres. He needs to utilise it. Have you guys heard Easy (Remix) with DaniLeigh it was popular in 2019. Its such an R&B bop and it sounds amazing in a car with heavy bass.ย 

ย 

I know you have to separate the artist from the music but I just canโ€™t bring myself to listen to his musicย :bradley:ย Just feels wrong

3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I know you have to separate the artist from the music but I just canโ€™t bring myself to listen to his musicย :bradley:ย Just feels wrong

I just stopped caring. At first I didn't want to support him as an artist, but he will be successful with or without my support and what difference does it make if I stream it. Apparently spotify songs make $0.0032 cents per stream, and he probably gets the tiniest amount of money of that.ย I still listen to BWET by Azealia Banks but that doesn't matter because she doesn't even own her songs so she makes nothing off that album

Edited by thetea
  • paws up 1