Do you believe in free universal healthcare?

thetea

Pop-a-911-ster 38,802
Just now, admin said:

What is this bestie?

Universal healthcare has almost only positives.

But even if it had lots of negatives; the fact that anyone can get the healthcare they need without having to worry about costs, their kids, debt, etc etc is enough.

A healthier, less stressed and less-in-debt society is a much stronger one.

The lack of competition can end up costing taxpayers more money, money that could be spent elsewhere to increase quality of life.

Everyone having access to healthcare is good, yes. However, there are other policies that could potentially increase overall quality of life even more with the same amount of money.

Kindness Admin 6,892
10 minutes ago, ... said:

The lack of competition can end up costing taxpayers more money, money that could be spent elsewhere to increase quality of life.

Everyone having access to healthcare is good, yes. However, there are other policies that could potentially increase overall quality of life even more with the same amount of money.

You easily can save a lot of money.

Healthcare spend (2018):

USA: 16.9% of GDP

By comparison:

Australia: 9.3%

Canada: 10.7% of GDP

France: 11.2% of GDP

Germany: 11.2% of GDP

Switzerland: 12.2% of GDP

UK: 9.8% of GDP

Pop-a-911-ster 38,802
8 minutes ago, admin said:

You easily can save a lot of money.

Healthcare spend (2018):

USA: 16.9% of GDP

By comparison:

Australia: 9.3%

Canada: 10.7% of GDP

France: 11.2% of GDP

Germany: 11.2% of GDP

Switzerland: 12.2% of GDP

UK: 9.8% of GDP

Yes but there are policies that might save even more. The caveat is you need a competent government to implement those policies.

Gaming Leader 8,440

Being a Canadian, I simply can't imagine to pay for simple services at hospital or other health-related services. During my mental breakdown in February of last year, I stayed for a whole week at the suicide prevention sector with food, clothes, services, people to talk to. I was taken good care of, and let go freely with a pat on the back after. It's the norm and always should be.

The only downside would be the waiting period, because everyone comes to hospital. A lot of eldery population comes to just talk to people, well that was the thing a few years back.

Kindness Admin 6,892
17 minutes ago, ... said:

Yes but there are policies that might save even more. The caveat is you need a competent government to implement those policies.

As someone who has grown up in America and most people I know avoid the doctor and hope they get over it because of how terrible, expensive and difficult it is to get healthcare - I will never support and solution except one which gives ever human the healthcare they need, guaranteed.

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,802
2 hours ago, admin said:

As someone who has grown up in America and most people I know avoid the doctor and hope they get over it because of how terrible, expensive and difficult it is to get healthcare - I will never support and solution except one which gives ever human the healthcare they need, guaranteed.

Means testing is another viable solution. The rich will have to pay but not the poor.