Are you in a relationship / ever been in one?

StormPulse

The Fame Popster 477

I'm in a relationship with my best friend and I love it. Finally the man that no only says what he wants to do together, but actually is doing it. :bradley: 

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Popster 41

Not really, I've never officially dated. I was madly falling for a guy though but it didn't work out as he's not in the right time/place and is too afraid to commit and date when he hasn't come out yet (some family issues). We still talk here and there.

So I guess my BF is @Nino *shrug* Ily lol :tea:

The Fame Popster 451
Just now, Hew said:

Not really, I've never officially dated. I was madly falling for a guy though but it didn't work out as he's not in the right time/place and is too afraid to commit and date when he hasn't come out yet (some family issues). We still talk here and there.

So I guess my BF is @Nino *shrug* Ily lol :tea:

You told me you were married :war:

Spoiler

to the night :war:

• lol 1

The Fame Popster 451
Just now, Hew said:

Yeah sis, Married to my ego and my 7 cats :unamused:

You may say I lost everything....

Spoiler

but i still had my be-dazzler

Spoiler

and patches, shiny ones from m&j trimming

• lol 1

Banned 550

Also this wasn't a relationship but I had a GREAT friendship in 2019 with ARTPOPSTER on Gagadaily. He was my best and only friend at the time. I really hope he joins here so we can reconnect, even if it wouldn't be quite the way it was before I was banned

Edited by StormPulse

The Popster 41
1 minute ago, Nino said:

You may say I lost everything....

Hide contents

but i still had my be-dazzler

Reveal hidden contents

and patches, shiny ones from m&j trimming

Check out that nurse on the right

She's got a great a**....

BAM

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

16 minutes ago, StormPulse said:

Yep, I despise the pickiness/bigotry of many gay guys like masc4masc, no spice/rice etc. It's revolting

I'm open to anybody

Yeah, for sure. Even though it's nice to see those viral posts of gay couples getting married/having milestones 9 times out of 10 they're white couples. Nothing against them of course, but it's discouraging for someone like me being a POC and fem.

Even though I'm gay, physically I present as androgynous so it confuses people a lot of the time. I've had more fun toying with the idea of hooking up because it's an escape from the seriousness I've experienced in dating and relationships.

main-qimg-93642df3d4d1aede823adc49538bba

• paws up 1

Been with my partner for about 3.5 years, been engaged now for about a year, wedding was planned for early next year but covid has put a dampner on those plans! Our relationship is an open one and its worked/working great that way, which is nice as sometimes you hear some horror stories!

• paws up 2

Community Leader 1,294
3 minutes ago, Leolisa said:

Yeah, for sure. Even though it's nice to see those viral posts of gay couples getting married/having milestones 9 times out of 10 they're white couples. Nothing against them of course, but it's discouraging for someone like me being a POC and fem.

Even though I'm gay, physically I present as androgynous so it confuses people a lot of the time. I've had more fun toying with the idea of hooking up because it's an escape from the seriousness I've experienced in dating and relationships.

main-qimg-93642df3d4d1aede823adc49538bba

Awww. Im sure youre one of the most beautiful person. Regardless of color, we are all beautiful. Just wait. The right person will come :classic_love:

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1

The Popster 22

I was in a two year relationship where we were living together when I found out he'd been cheating; he's dating that guy while I've been purposefully single for almost two years and it's been an interesting experience. Early on I realized I didn't want to jump into another relationship for the sake of filling a void or distracting myself from what had happened. I didn't want to hurt someone else in the process of my own healing. 

I think next year I'll be ready to date again :shine: 

• paws up 2
  • hugs 1

Community Leader 2,817
29 minutes ago, Leolisa said:

Been in relationships but I don’t believe I’ve experienced ‘the one’ yet. I think in this day and age it’s much more difficult to find someone serious while having standards, especially when you’re gay. 

I will say that I've thought a guy has been 'the one' a few times and every time I have been wrong. I think the biggest thing to remember is that every person is going to have more than one person that they would be happy with. 

• paws up 3

Just now, Joannesrats said:

I will say that I've thought a guy has been 'the one' a few times and every time I have been wrong. I think the biggest thing to remember is that every person is going to have more than one person that they would be happy with. 

Absolutely. I also think giving ourselves time even amidst the uncertainty is crucial. I did, and I'm walking around with way less baggage than I carried when I entered my last relationship. It does make me feel more hopeful if I were to meet potential partners.

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Community Leader 2,817
Just now, Leolisa said:

Absolutely. I also think giving ourselves time even amidst the uncertainty is crucial. I did, and I'm walking around with way less baggage than I carried when I entered my last relationship. It does make me feel more hopeful if I were to meet potential partners.

Remember my favorite Gaga quote: Your career won't roll over one morning and decide that it doesn't love you anymore.

Nurture yourself. Your thoughts, your spirit, your talents. You are the only person that won't leave! However, I do think the idea that "nobody will love me until I love myself" is only half true. Sometimes, at least for some people, having someone love you and treat you with respect will make you realize that you are worthy of it. 

• paws up 1

1 minute ago, Joannesrats said:

Remember my favorite Gaga quote: Your career won't roll over one morning and decide that it doesn't love you anymore.

Nurture yourself. Your thoughts, your spirit, your talents. You are the only person that won't leave! However, I do think the idea that "nobody will love me until I love myself" is only half true. Sometimes, at least for some people, having someone love you and treat you with respect will make you realize that you are worthy of it. 

That's actually really beautiful, thanks for the reminder. It's definitely something to keep in mind. *hugs*

As for the latter part of your post, I guess there's two sides to it. As comforting as it is to be loved even when you're struggling to love yourself, I'd want to love myself enough in order to return the same love given to me. I say this from experience at least, so I took the path of working on myself (for myself of course) instead and I'm sure whoever comes next will fit like a glove.

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1

Community Leader 2,817
2 minutes ago, Leolisa said:

That's actually really beautiful, thanks for the reminder. It's definitely something to keep in mind. *hugs*

As for the latter part of your post, I guess there's two sides to it. As comforting as it is to be loved even when you're struggling to love yourself, I'd want to love myself enough in order to return the same love given to me. I say this from experience at least, so I took the path of working on myself (for myself of course) instead and I'm sure whoever comes next will fit like a glove.

There is also a danger in being in a relationship if you don't truly love yourself yet or if you don't know what a good relationship should look like. It can lead to someone taking advantage of you or not treating you as well as someone deserves. It is DEFINITELY a double-edged sword. 

• paws up 2

Community Leader 2,817
Just now, lavenderblondee said:

We have been together over a year. We ended things during quarantine briefly, but realized it was a rash decision and not what we (he...:awkney:) wanted. We've been doing ok since.

The amount of time's i've heard the term 'rash decision' regarding a relationship this quarantine...chile:uhh:

• paws up 1
  • lol 1