Gwen Stefani | The Thread

Elvira

Popstanne 5,076
1 minute ago, Twitter said:

100% love always watching an artist’s live interviews especially from my favorite artists. I feel like you could connect to them and get to know them in a weird way lol. And omg I would love to attend a Gwen concert too! I hope she does like a residency or something. :crowned:

She had a Vegas residency at Planet Hollywood that was cut short by Covid (that's the one with the cool M&G I referenced). I hope she comes back post-pandemic. 

• paws up 1
  • sad 1

ARTPOPster 2,450

I wanted to go to her residency so bad :bradley: I assumed she was going to more or less retire and that would be the last chance to see her, but with a new single out hopefully she has plans to tour or go back to Vegas when shows can happen again 

• yaas, gaga 2

Popstanne 5,076
3 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

I wanted to go to her residency so bad :bradley: I assumed she was going to more or less retire and that would be the last chance to see her, but with a new single out hopefully she has plans to tour or go back to Vegas when shows can happen again 

If she has a new residency, we should plan a Popa911 trip! I'm hoping she'll put out a new album (not just the mediocre new single, which has grown on me because of nostalgia) too, though I don't want her to cut out too many old songs from her residency (maybe she can cut the Blondie & Rihanna covers instead). 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,689

Just seeing this thread and gosh the memories are flooding back! I saw Gwen Stefani live when she was touring with Akon on the Sweet Escape Tour. It was my first ever live concert so it holds a special place in my heart :classic_love:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

ARTPOPster 2,450
19 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

If she has a new residency, we should plan a Popa911 trip! I'm hoping she'll put out a new album (not just the mediocre new single, which has grown on me because of nostalgia) too, though I don't want her to cut out too many old songs from her residency (maybe she can cut the Blondie & Rihanna covers instead). 

Oh man I would love a group trip like that :happydance: I always go to shows alone and it leaves something to be desired lol

I think an EP and a revamped residency would be a really good move for where she’s at age and career wise. I can’t believe she’s doing covers when she has like 10 albums worth of songs to pick from :dead:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

I love her music, she knows how to make bops. My faves from each album:

Spoiler

Cool and Serious round out the top 3

Spoiler

Early Winter and The Sweet Escape complete the top 3

Spoiler

Make Me Like You and Truth are also in the top 3

• yaas, gaga 2

17 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

I didn't care for her country phase (no offense to country fans, but it's just not my thang), and I'm loving revisiting her performances, both solo and with No Doubt, and I keep getting pulled into watching various interviews. 

Actually her whole third album+Blake obsession are a bit... meh, to me. Although I'm happy she's happy with him, I can't stand him, but well, who am I to say something? lol but I'm always revisiting her/ND stuff, at least twice a year I get obsessed with her so I totally get you!

• thanks 1

Maybe it's an unpopular opinion but I can't stand Blake and I can't stand how she's literally related to Black all the time, specially in interviews. :mess: I just searched "gwen stefani jimmy fallon" on youtube and literally 6 out of 10 videos have Blake involved. SHE'S MORE THAN JUST BLAKE'S WIFE, FOR HOLLABACK SAKES :nicki_scream::nicki_scream::nicki_scream:

Edited by Elvira
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,450
1 minute ago, Elvira said:

Maybe it's an unpopular opinion but I can't stand Blake and I can't stand how she's literally related to Black all the time, specially in interviews. :mess: I just searched "gwen stefani jimmy fallon" on youtube and literally 6 out of 10 videos have Blake involved. SHE'S MORE THAN JUST BLAKE'S WIFE, FOR HOLLABACK SAKES :nicki_scream::nicki_scream::nicki_scream:

I think this is a very popular opinion lol. Her whole persona changed after they got together and it just feels off and insincere 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

1 minute ago, blankpaper said:

I think this is a very popular opinion lol. Her whole persona changed after they got together and it just feels off and insincere 

Unfortunately it seems that a LOT of the gp loves them and it seems she grew on the gp's hearts after they got together, so yeah :mess:

ARTPOPster 2,450
16 minutes ago, Elvira said:

Unfortunately it seems that a LOT of the gp loves them and it seems she grew on the gp's hearts after they got together, so yeah :mess:

Oh really? I see so much hate for her now. Mostly miserable middle aged women who think Blake’s hot and are #teamMiranda though :icant:

• lol 2

2 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

Oh really? I see so much hate for her now. Mostly miserable middle aged women who think Blake’s hot and are #teamMiranda though :icant:

I- :icant: FACTS ARE FACTS!

Maybe I was just """lucky""" to see the other half of the gp that likes her because of him:mess:

Popstanne 5,076
1 hour ago, blankpaper said:

She *seems* to really be into him, and after the way Gavin treated her, I'm glad she's found someone who treats her and her kids well and makes her so happy. (I say "seem," because what do I really know about their relationship?) I agree though: country Gwen feels off to me, and I feel like she's trying too hard to be an Oklahoma girl, especially when he's not adopting an OC persona or dabbing in ska music. Also, I tooI tire of the media focusing on their relationship. There's a lot more to her than just being Blake's love interest. 

I really hope she's heading back to her roots. Her new single gives me hope, cheesy lyrics and all. 

• yaas, gaga 1

Popstanne 5,076

Y'all, I listened to a great podcast interview with Gwen this morning. It's almost 90 minutes long and was such an interesting interview to me, very substantive. I highly recommend it; I learned so much from it, and she even takes a bit of a shot at the nanny who was screwing Gavin for three years. The host, Ross Golan, is also a songwriter (he co-wrote Gwen's "Let Me Reintroduce Myself"). I wish he would interview Gaga too. 

Edited by Franch Toast
  • paws up 1

• 4 weeks later...
Popstanne 5,076
19 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

Just bumping this to see if anyone would be interested in a No Doubt megarate if I did one (either Tragic Kingdom or Return of Saturn) :uhh:

You know I'm a yes, and everybody else on this thread better be too! :awkney:

You can also start a Megarate thread on this and then tag everyone from this thread and then the tag list from all of those other Megarate threads. 

• paws up 1

23 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

Just bumping this to see if anyone would be interested in a No Doubt megarate if I did one (either Tragic Kingdom or Return of Saturn) :uhh:

Yes! But honestly I'd be more interested in a solo Gwen megarate :katy:

ARTPOPster 2,450
3 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

You can also start a Megarate thread on this and then tag everyone from this thread and then the tag list from all of those other Megarate threads. 

See but if I did that and no one wanted to do it then it would just be a big public failure and I don’t want to go down that road :laughga:

• hugs 1

Popstanne 5,076
1 minute ago, blankpaper said:

See but if I did that and no one wanted to do it then it would just be a big public failure and I don’t want to go down that road :laughga:

Okay, then we have to make sure it's not a failure. @Twitter make sure @blankpaper's Megarate is a success please & thank you. :kiss:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 2,450
Just now, Elvira said:

Yes! But honestly I'd be more interested in a solo Gwen megarate :katy:

If there aren’t enough people who want to do a No Doubt one I’d be down to make one for LAMB or the Sweet Escape

Just as long as it’s something pre-Blake :katy:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1