Gaga Album Aged Well

Impossible Princess

Select An Album   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

The Popster 162

I voted Joanne, it sounds like an album that really won't age due to how it was produced.
2nd is Born This Way, but I truly think the album is too boring to sit through to give it the edge to Joanne.
I think ARTPOP is fun, but it's certainly messy and has tons of low lows with really high highs. It hasn't aged well at all lol.
I love The Fame/Monster, but damn that album didn't really age well. A lot of the songs are boring on both TF and M, with few now fresh standouts.
Chromatica aged as well as it could have considering how basic and uninspired it is. So it's in the bottom of the barrel with ARTPOP and The Fame.

In terms of how well they aged:
Joanne > BTW > TFM >>> ARTPOP > Chromatica > The Fame

The Fame Popster 401

I disagree with some folks, I don't think the TF has aged poorly at all. It really captures pre-recession, pre-social media NYC. The best thing a songwriter can do is bottle up a moment in time. TFM is timeless in a different way, like all things macabre. BTW and AP were both big shocks to the system and more enjoyable now. Joanne has aged better than I expected because it predicated the yeehaw trend. ASIB is like the one good piece of 2016-2020 white culture lol. Chromatica might always be a plague album to me... so sad... but maybe not.

All of Gaga's work recalls these passages in Sontag's Notes on Camp. I love Gaga most in hindsight, tbh.

"It's simply that the process of aging or deterioration provides the necessary detachment -- or arouses a necessary sympathy. When the theme is important, and contemporary, the failure of a work of art may make us indignant. Time can change that. Time liberates the work of art from moral relevance, delivering it over to the Camp sensibility. . . . Another effect: time contracts the sphere of banality. (Banality is, strictly speaking, always a category of the contemporary.) What was banal can, with the passage of time, become fantastic."

"Thus, things are campy, not when they become old - but when we become less involved in them, and can enjoy, instead of be frustrated by, the failure of the attempt. But the effect of time is unpredictable. Maybe Method acting (James Dean, Rod Steiger, Warren Beatty) will seem as Camp some day as Ruby Keeler's does now - or as Sarah Bernhardt's does, in the films she made at the end of her career. And maybe not."

Edited by blue

The Fame Popster 371
On 1/25/2021 at 9:13 AM, Delusional said:

Chromatica is her freshest work imo... after a year I still listen to most of the album every day (the singles I don’t listen to)

it’s just so replayable it doesn’t get old

I feel exactly the same way and people say the production is terrible which is not. It's her most clean sounding production album.

Popster to Popster 3,792
The Fame Monster supremacy!

New Popster 8
On 1/25/2021 at 7:50 PM, lavenderblondee said:

Joanne. Chromatica after almost a year is still a total bop to me, but obviously there hasn't been enough time to really judge on longevity yet.

....I still can't believe Chromatica came out 8 months ago. :katy:

chromatica came out how long ago😀 i have no concept of time