Do you care if Gaga gets #1 hits?

thetea

Do y'all care if Gaga gets #1 hits. Would you mind if her next single went #10 or something. I personally care about it, and I'm hoping that Sour Candy can go #1 and another single off Chromatica. Gaga can do it if she pulls Taylor style fraudery but I don't think she'd do it

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,672
6 minutes ago, thetea said:

Do y'all care if Gaga gets #1 hits. Would you mind if her next single went #10 or something. I personally care about it, and I'm hoping that Sour Candy can go #1 and another single off Chromatica. Gaga can do it if she pulls Taylor style fraudery but I don't think she'd do it

yes but I don't usually really care about the charts or the numbers, I care about her and her music :)

• yaas, gaga 1

1 minute ago, blastertoyo said:

I care if she releases and does stuff with what she releases 

although she only seems motivated to promote or release of it will become a hit 

:ohhh:

I kind of agree. I think she tried to capitalise of Chromatica II being a TikTok trend and it failed, but I also think she has an artistic vision in everything she does. Good or bad

ARTPOPster 1,319
1 minute ago, thetea said:

I kind of agree. I think she tried to capitalise of Chromatica II being a TikTok trend and it failed, but I also think she has an artistic vision in everything she does. Good or bad

Why else do you think they gave up on ASIB right after shallow hit #1?

and didn’t promote Chromatica after stupid love hit #5 and ROM hit #1

Edited by blastertoyo
  • paws up 1

6 minutes ago, blastertoyo said:

Why else do you think they gave up on ASIB right after shallow hit #1?

and didn’t promote Chromatica after stupid love hit #5 and ROM hit #1

I agree. I think they achieved what they set out to do, but I don't get why they didn't try for more. Why didn't they try get another #1 single or another top 10 single. It seems like Gaga has gotten a bit lazy in her work ethic. Remember when she wanted 10 singles from BTW now she barely releases 2

• lol 1

1 minute ago, SLAG said:

I don’t care tbh. Good for her when she does but I don’t put energy into it. :awkney:

I kind of do. If a song comes out, I will buy it on iTunes, support it in anyway I can

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,672
2 minutes ago, thetea said:

I agree. I think they achieved what they set out to do, but I don't get why they didn't try for more. Why didn't they try get another #1 single or another top 10 single. It seems like Gaga has gotten a bit lazy in her work ethic. Remember when she wanted 10 singles from BTW now she barely releases 2

tbh I feel like her focus is more into acting than promoting or releasing singles right now but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, A Little Monsterrr said:

tbh I feel like her focus is more into acting than promoting or releasing singles right now but I could be wrong.

I agree. It seems like she lost her passion for music. but i love that she's exploring other avenues

Moderator 6,288
5 minutes ago, thetea said:

I kind of do. If a song comes out, I will buy it on iTunes, support it in anyway I can

I don’t buy it because I use Spotify and pay for that. I do listen to them all the time because it’s Gaga but that’s about it. 

2 minutes ago, SLAG said:

I don’t buy it because I use Spotify and pay for that. I do listen to them all the time because it’s Gaga but that’s about it. 

I do both. But doesn't like 1000 streams or something equal one sale. So I do both, buying it does much more for the charts then streaming

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 319

Personally I do not. Of course I want her to be successful and I think there is definitely a part of her that wants that kind of success but the content and artistry of her music will always matter so much more to me than how it performs on the charts. :tea:

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,450

On one hand, she deserves the success and recognition so I hope she gets hits. On the other hand, most of the artists I listen to don’t have any hope of charting so chart positions aren’t a thing I care about or pay much attention to

Popstanne 5,076

Honestly, I don't care about the charts, and it's not like it affects my life whether her songs are #1 or #1000. However, it's always nice when something or someone you like does well, kind of like how we cheer for our favorites at award shows and such. 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1