Do you care if Gaga gets #1 hits?

thetea

Popster to Popster 3,752
2 minutes ago, thetea said:

What type of music are you into?

whiny indie music and/or anything that came out 10+ years ago that I just found out existed :mess:

Just now, GitHub said:

whiny indie music and/or anything that came out 10+ years ago that I just found out existed :mess:

OMG drop some recommendations! 

Popster to Popster 3,752
6 minutes ago, thetea said:

OMG drop some recommendations! 

I used to listen to a lot of indie rock stuff like The Shins, The Local Natives, Phoenix, The Royal Concept, I Heart Sharks (first album only), Faded Paper Figures, Grizzly Bear, Of Monsters and Men, MGMT, Arcade Fire, Bombay Bicycle Club, Beach House, STRFKR, Little Red, Animal Kingdom, Satellite Stories, etc. back in like 2013 so I probably haven't even heard any of their new stuff :mess: and more recently Santigold & Sleigh Bells.

• yaas, gaga 1

1 minute ago, GitHub said:

I used to listen to a lot of indie rock stuff like The Shins, The Local Natives, Phoenix, The Royal Concept, I Heart Sharks (first album only), Faded Paper Figures, Grizzly Bear, Of Monsters and Men, MGMT, Arcade Fire, Bombay Bicycle Club, Beach House, STRFKR, Little Red, Animal Kingdom, Satellite Stories, etc. back in like 2013 so I probably haven't even heard any of their new stuff :mess: and more recently Santigold & Sleigh Bells.

I'm gonna check all of these out. I'm not really into rock or punk indie rock type songs but I'll give it a listen. I'm trying to diversify my music taste

• paws up 1

You know what's funny though. is those people who think they're better than everyone else because they don't listen to mainstream music :billie:

Popster to Popster 3,752
27 minutes ago, thetea said:

You know what's funny though. is those people who think they're better than everyone else because they don't listen to mainstream music :billie:

Yeah I agree. I used to think I was... well not better, but "deep" because I listened to it :dead: I was really going through it from like 2011-2013 :rip:

28 minutes ago, thetea said:

I'm gonna check all of these out. I'm not really into rock or punk indie rock type songs but I'll give it a listen. I'm trying to diversify my music taste

That's what I'm trying to do with pop. I never really gave the genre a chance until this year :bradley:

24 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

I love them and I’ve never heard anyone else mention them! 

I haven't either! Kids Aren't Safe in the Metro and Helsinki Art scene were my sh*t for a good few months

Edited by GitHub
fix: quoted posts in wrong order :mess:

Community Leader 2,817

I couldn't care less about it. I'm obviously happy when it happens, but I'm not going to be sitting there upset if it doesn't. I won't take extra time out of my day to be playing playlists to get streams for it, though. 

Moderator 4,653

Ofcourse its nice when she’s being succesful. But its not the most important thing. I see it as a bonus. 

I do care when its about making history and changing the game! That makes me feel like a proud stan :D 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 401

I love when a great pop song becomes omnipresent irl but not all great songs go #1 and not all #1s are great songs. 

Taylor had an axe to grind because Lover's singles didn't go #1 and I find that very transparent/desperate. 

• paws up 1