The Weeknd - The Highlights out Feb. 5th

Blown Away

The-Weeknd-The-Highlights.jpg

The Weeknd is releasing a compilation on February 5 (via XO/Republic). The Highlights includes five songs each from 2020’s After Hours and 2015’s Beauty Behind the Madness, three Starboy tracks, two House of Balloons cuts, one My Dear Melancholy, song, and two songs that were not on Weeknd projects (Black Panther’s “Pray for Me” and Ariana Grande’s “Love Me Harder”). Find the tracklist and cover art below.

1. Save Your Tears
  2. Blinding Lights
  3. In Your Eyes
  4. Can't Feel My Face
  5. I Feel It Coming (feat. Daft Punk)
  6. Starboy (feat. Daft Punk)
  7. Pray For Me (with Kendrick Lamar)
  8. Heartless
  9. Often
  10. The Hills
  11. Call Out My Name
  12. Die For You
  13. Earned It
  14. Love Me Harder (with Ariana Grande)
  15. Acquainted
  16. Wicked Games
  17. The Morning
  18. After Hours

Source: https://pitchfork.com/news/the-weeknd-announces-new-compilation-the-highlights/

Edited by Blown Away
Added the album cover

Why, he's not in the stage of his career to release this. He's releasing this prematurely, this seems like something an established loved artist would release 10-20 years after their peak. This is kind of like Mariah releasing a compilation album of her #1 hits in 1998 when she had only been in the game since 1990. 

• paws up 1

New Popster 10

if im not getting the cd for this - my funeral is ready

its literally a dream to get these all in 1 cd. i wish there were some more trilogy songs and some kissland hits would add for the color!

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,319
23 minutes ago, thetea said:

This is kind of like Mariah releasing a compilation album of her #1 hits in 1998 when she had only been in the game since 1990. 

That was all #1s tho it’s different 

If anyone had 13 #1 singles it would be amazing to have them all compiled in one project together.

The weirdest part is why some of these aren’t even his biggest hits cuz he doesn’t have enough to fill an album yet :ohhh:

• paws up 1

1 minute ago, blastertoyo said:

That was all #1s tho it’s different 

If anyone had 13 #1 singles it would be amazing to have them all compiled in one project together.

The weirdest part is why some of these aren’t even his biggest hits cuz he doesn’t have enough to fill an album yet :ohhh:

She put new songs on it too, I get why she did it though. She had too, to get out of her contract with Sony. I agree, he doesn't have enough hits to fill an album, he should wait maybe 5-10 years and see how many more hits he can pump out, if any

• paws up 1

I agree that it's a bit soon. He's only had 6 global smashes, a few global hits and some local hits. A 10-track or 12-track album would've been more appropriate after 8 years.

But I get the decision to make this right in time for the Super Bowl, and I'm thinking of buying it actually.