First Sour Candy live performance without Gaga

boobatella

Pop-a-911-ster 26,813
x3

The irony of you demanding the gay community demands to prounance you with the way the feel comfortable ( and I'm absolutely I support this, but when a straight wants to be be equally respected you attack him saying that this is a gay forum ( which we are not, we are in a Lady Gaga forum that respect all kind of sexual orientations). Imagine if we were in a *straight* forum and someone said you are in the hetero community, we will call you whatever we want. You guys that provably have been bullied and felt bad for this reason ,you should have been the last person to do this on another user.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 4

Deactivated 14,311
25 minutes ago, little legend said:

The irony of you demanding the gay community demands to prounance you with the way the feel comfortable ( and I'm absolutely I support this, but when a straight wants to be be equally respected you attack him saying that this is a gay forum ( which we are not, we are in a Lady Gaga forum that respect all kind of sexual orientations). Imagine if we were in a *straight* forum and someone said you are in the hetero community, we will call you whatever we want. You guys that provably have been bullied and felt bad for this reason ,you should have been the last person to do this on another user.

When the once known messiest user dishes out logic. You have to think.

• yaas, gaga 1

The Popster 162
2 hours ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

K! Respect goes both ways. You said something controversial then backtracked and it still doesn’t make sense. Then you talked down to someone. Telling someone to “at least read what you said” is rude.

I think it’s clear that when gays say “girl,” sis,” “bïtch,” we’re not being serious, and isn’t the quite the same as misgendering someone. So for you to “correct” people every single time is a little tiresome. 

If they don’t like those pronouns and don’t want to be addressed as such then they have every right to bring that up. No tea.

• paws up 1

The Popster 162
1 hour ago, little legend said:

Straight people aren’t oppressed with their pronouns. Therefore, this argument is kinda invalid.

• paws up 1

The Popster 162
2 hours ago, donatellab said:

Unfortunately all the videos have been taken down due to copyright. It was good, Gaga’s parts sounded a bit weird or distorted tho

I think they used the raw stems to mix it with the live band

Deactivated 14,311
6 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

Straight people aren’t oppressed with their pronouns. Therefore, this argument is kinda invalid.

I don’t think thats what they are saying...it’s flipping it over to the opposite saying if this forum was predominantly hetero-men. Etc.

Pop-a-911-ster 26,813
x3
22 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

As a gay might not feeling well with a pronounce ,the same can imply for a straight person . Why is it so hard to just respect everyone ( no matter if he/ she  is gay straight bi and etc.) 

• thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 20,667
Kindness Admin 6,892

@HeavyMetalLover - I understand your point that the flippant use of sis and girl is not equivalent to misgendering a person. However, it’s still valid to express discomfort when a label or pronoun makes you seem uncomfortable for whatever reason.  My ex, who is very gay, was actually also triggered by being called sis or girl. The reasons aren’t really relevant. We can all make good-faith efforts on behalf of others. We’re not going to assign WPs for something that most here wouldn’t think is offensive, but at the same time if someone tells you a pronoun or label isn’t for them, that should be respected.

I know you found his opinion to be unfair and the response to be rude (I disagree, personally) - but he prefaced his opinion with a warning and immediately apologized if others found it offensive. Sometimes we get triggered and get so upset we lash out and feed the anger instead of taking a breath and switching to discourse and kindness. 

We’re all on the same team, like how I allow Fun Tonight haters to stay on the site. 

• paws up 1

9 hours ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Stop correcting people when they say “gurl”, “sis”, etc. You’re in a gay community. Deal with it.

some might not feel comfortable with "sis","girl" or "queen". i get where ur coming from, i get the point, but its also about making the other person feel comfortable.

• paws up 2

31 minutes ago, admin said:

@HeavyMetalLover - I understand your point that the flippant use of sis and girl is not equivalent to misgendering a person. However, it’s still valid to express discomfort when a label or pronoun makes you seem uncomfortable for whatever reason.  My ex, who is very gay, was actually also triggered by being called sis or girl. The reasons aren’t really relevant. We can all make good-faith efforts on behalf of others. We’re not going to assign WPs for something that most here wouldn’t think is offensive, but at the same time if someone tells you a pronoun or label isn’t for them, that should be respected.

I know you found his opinion to be unfair and the response to be rude (I disagree, personally) - but he prefaced his opinion with a warning and immediately apologized if others found it offensive. Sometimes we get triggered and get so upset we lash out and feed the anger instead of taking a breath and switching to discourse and kindness. 

We’re all on the same team, like how I allow Fun Tonight haters to stay on the site. 

Not "lashing out," just telling it the way I see it.