Do (did) you enjoy PE/athletics class?

BenG

Do (did) you?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Respond.

Popster to Popster 3,689

I am clearly in the minority here but I actually jumped at the opportunity to swap orchestra for gym class since I am artistically-challenged. I have tremendous respect for all of you that are graphic designers, musicians, dancers, etc...

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
2 hours ago, NotDoctor said:

I'm gonna say no cuz for the vast majority of the time I hated it.  BUT my junior/senior years we got to choose what we wanted to do so I basically always chose to walk the track with my friends and gossip and that was pretty great :billie:

OMG this describes my high school to a T. There were finally good gym electives for juniors/seniors like archery, table-tennis, and yes walking around the track (which was square). Why the school district would put it around a baseball field is beyond me :icant:

• shook 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
3 minutes ago, NYNJ Nights said:

OMG this describes my high school to a T. There were finally good gym electives for juniors/seniors like archery, table-tennis, and yes walking around the track (which was square). Why the school district would put it around a baseball field is beyond me :icant:

I have never heard of a square track before, that's wild

Popster to Popster 3,689
2 minutes ago, BenG said:

how do you even run the corners :dead:

Ok well it didn't necessarily have 90 degree turns, they were curved, but there were 4 turns instead of two, so it most closely resembled a square lol

• lol 1

Community Leader 2,817

I enjoyed it sometimes. I didn't enjoy changing in the locker rooms as a young gay boy, but I loved playing hockey and volleyball and stuff. Didn't super enjoy football and other more intense sports, though. We were lucky that our gym teachers graded us for how hard we were trying, not how much we were getting accomplished. If someone could only do 3 push-ups compared to somebody else's 30, that didn't matter - as long as the teacher could tell that we were trying. 

• paws up 1