Gaga Reveals Family Struggle with COVID

MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,128

This is devastating and clearly why she’s been down the last couple of months. This goes to show you never know what people are going through.

so grateful it seems everything ended up okay. Praying for Gaga and her family and everyone affected by this terrible disease 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1
  • hugs 4
  • sad 2

Moderator 4,653
4 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

I feel so sad tbh and really feel bad that we were all shading her for doing nothing when she probably was taking care of that member...

Also it could explain why she cut off Chromatica promo and started collecting money and work with WHO. It totally makes sens now. 

• paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 32,128
4 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

I feel so sad tbh and really feel bad that we were all shading her for doing nothing when she probably was taking care of that member...

Honestly this is why I don’t agree with that rhetoric at all. I know all of us in the charts thread want performances and promo and listening parties...but I really think lots of people there tend to lost sight of the truly important stuff...Like you said, why promote an album when you’re literally thinking about your family member struggling in the hospital for months.

No wonder she dedicated a good amount of 2020 tackling the pandemic with WHO. I don’t say this type of stuff to be “holier than you” but I call people put in the charts thread for these exact reasons. She’s a human experiencing real things and real emotions. She’s not a plastic doll.

I just hope her family is healthy and she’s doing okay mentally and physically. Music and performances will come people...but questioning her passion are so out of line. 

• paws up 8

A Popster Is Born 10,029
1 minute ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Honestly this is why I don’t agree with that rhetoric at all. I know all of us in the charts thread want performances and promo and listening parties...but I really think lots of people there tend to lost sight of the truly important stuff...Like you said, why promote an album when you’re literally thinking about your family member struggling in the hospital for months.

No wonder she dedicated a good amount of 2020 tackling the pandemic with WHO. I don’t say this type of stuff to be “holier than you” but I call people put in the charts thread for these exact reasons. She’s a human experiencing real things and real emotions. She’s not a plastic doll.

I just hope her family is healthy and she’s doing okay mentally and physically. Music and performances will come people...but questioning her passion are so out of line. 

totally agree with this, I know we're frustrated with chart performances but this year has taught us that there are bigger issues to worry about

• thanks 1

The Popster 177

This explains A LOT...

...I hope they're doing better and they recover soon! Poor Gaga, I can't even imagine how scary that is for her family to experience! 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 20,589

I wouldn’t want to promote my album and do performances either if I were in her situation. I hope people choose their words more carefully from this point on, because we don’t know anything about her personal life and issues. I hope her family member recovers quickly, I can’t imagine how she’s feeling right now. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
3 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

I just realized that everyone is assuming it was Covid, but none of the articles identify the illness. 

Yeah I didn't want to be that person, but I read it as they were hospitalized during the pandemic and therefore had to adhere to COVID restrictions, not necessarily that they were hospitalized with COVID.

I feel for people who are going through this. I know several people who have had to deal with similar situations and it's not easy.

• thanks 1

The Popster 177
17 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

I just realized that everyone is assuming it was Covid, but none of the articles identify the illness. 

oh that's true...maybe this is her grandmother then? Didn't she say earlier last year that she was battling cancer? 

Popstanne 5,076
1 hour ago, Edonis said:

oh that's true...maybe this is her grandmother then? Didn't she say earlier last year that she was battling cancer? 

Yes. One of her grandmothers has cancer. 

• sad 1

The Popster 177
30 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Yes. One of her grandmothers has cancer. 

I feel bad for speculating but that is the first person that comes to mind. Regardless I hope they recover soon! 

• paws up 2