nynj nights

Stream vs Purchase  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand?

• Prefer to purchase
    • Prefer to stream
    • 50:50

Popster to Popster 3,689

Do you still purchase music (either digitally, cd’s or vinyls)? Or do you listen solely through streaming apps these days? If so, which ones?

Edited by NYNJ Nights
Added cds

I stream music, but i buy gaga cds whenever i can. if gaga has a new single out, i usually try and buy 2-5 copies on iTunes to help it's first week sales

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popster to Popster 3,689

I used to buy cds and mostly digital downloads. I will still buy Gaga albums from iTunes but now I find myself using streaming more and more. I’ve liked YouTube Music so far but haven’t started to pay for premium/no ads. I’m considering it though...

Moderator 4,653

Both! As a CD collector I love buying them lol. 

But I have a large playlist of songs by all my faves together. I put it on shuffle and I’ll enjoy! :)

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 319

I purchase physical albums (almost always vinyl) of music I like/am excited for, but I stream due to convenience.

Obviously can’t bring a record player with me everywhere lol and I don’t have a computer anymore. Limited storage on my phone means I can’t download all my music.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,583

For ease of use, I stream stuff mostly but if an album is important to me I'll buy it on vinyl as well.  I'm pretty anti-physical media though so I have to really like it 

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 401

Stream but I honestly hate the idea of middle men & I miss pirating everything my heart desired 😈

Edited by blue
  • lol 1

Stream, I only buy physical albums from artist that I stan. :oscar: I used to buy physical and digital to support them, but it's been years since the last time I bought a digital album, so yea

• paws up 1

• 2 weeks later...
The Fame Popster 477

I have vinyls of my very essential best-albums, but it's a small collection, I just started.

I have CDs for my essential albums but also other albums that I really like or appreciate the artist. I use CDs in my car and as a collection (for example I have separate Chromatica CD just for car :billie:).

But daily, when I'm on computer or tablet I stream music on spotify.