"someone like you"

Spoiler

"test drive"

Spoiler

"worst behavior"

Spoiler

"main thing"

Spoiler

I've excluded the "34+35" remix as we've heard it.

• paws up 4

Moderator 6,288

I really like "someone like you" although it's way too short. "test drive" is also good but it's literally "motives" and at first listen I started singing "Tell me why I got this feeling"... The other two songs aren't great but they're also not terrible. They're very Grande Ariana.:mess: 

SLY is a cute interlude, test drive is the best one from the new tracks, worst behavior is the second best - it gave me Mariah vibes and I love that -, and main thing is... meh, it reminded me a bit of Sweetener or like a a TUN leftover.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,319
1 hour ago, SLAG said:

"test drive" is also good but it's literally "motives" and at first listen I started singing "Tell me why I got this feeling"..

Test drive is 34+35 meets motive 

can you stay up all night 

what’s your motive 

• thanks 1

1 hour ago, Twitter said:

The length is the only thing that scares me. Since she is one of the biggest pop stars rn she could start a 1-2 min song trend. :lesson:

I feel like it's been a trend honestly. Music has been getting shorter. She already kind of did it with Sweetener. Gaga did it with Chromatica. All they need is a few verses that pop a bit and they have their Tik Tok snippet. Tik Tok, Snap, and IG are ruining music because they push short format entertainment with small soundbytes. Ariana was confronted by this before and simply said "listen twice"

I hate it because it doesn't really tell much of a story anymore and doesn't give a song much time to mature or climax. Nor does her tracklist continue the narrative. It's cohesive sonically but doesn't do much lyrically and jumps around on emotions. I was just getting into Test Drive when it abruptly ended. It's a bop, but way too short. 

i've still yet to listen to the deluxe tracks. I'm excited to listen to it, but i'm usually against listening to deluxe albums, because I feel like I'm listening to the tracks that weren't actually good enough to make it into the album.

Pop-a-911-ster 20,702

I hate that all the songs are barely crossing the 2 minute mark. I know songs nowadays are shorter, but 2 minutes and a couple of seconds is too short for a song. It feels unfinished, because just as you start getting into the song, it suddenly ends. 

Popster to Popster 3,771

I love all the songs