All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal

MANiCURE1295

Kindness Admin 6,892
On 9/30/2021 at 10:02 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Yeah Afghanistan, rising COVID (due to the unvaccinated), debt ceiling, government funding and intra party fighting hasn’t been pretty.

Honestly though, government shutdown will be averted, and hopefully they can land the plane on the infrastructure and reconcilation, and debt ceiling is yet to be determined.

Im Still confident his numbers can recover, he just needs his legislative agenda to pass because his numbers were best after passing the massive covid package, gee shocker when you get things done and get your priorities done your approval rating does up!?!?!

update: government shutdown averted

Truly just unreal.

Kindness Admin 6,892

I only just noticed your poll, but I would put making DREAMERS citizens probably at number one on my priority list. Followed by universal health care, massive increase in social services and reparations.

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: BIF Vote DELAYED
Pop-a-911-ster 32,519

Biden had his first in person visit with the House Democratic Caucus today to discuss and talk about the path forward on his economic agenda....with recent news regarding Sinema and Manchin's refusal to signoff on the current price tag of 3.5T$ is it clearly evident that progressives will need to compromise in order to get the totality of Biden's agenda failed.

Now as much as I despise Manchin and Sinema unfortunately you have to govern with the Congress you have and not the Congress you want, Biden made it clear that compromise would be needed.

Pelosi and Democratic leadership in addition to the Whitehouse have tried to have Manchin sign off on a package size worth 1.9T to 2.3T....with a new poll to answer, what do you guys think, how low should Progessives be willing to go in order to get this package passed?

***** My opinion is this: Biden needs a win on this economic package, a 2T$ price tag package can still be transformative, obviously not as impactful but still a pretty big win, OBVIOUSLY I WANT THE WHOLE PACKAGE but I do realize that we need to compromise here with the Republicans in our party...I would personally have a hard time swallowing anything less than 2T, I mean that would be cutting 1.5T from the bill, I don't think progessives should be willing to go lower than that. Preferably if they can get Manchin to sign off on 2.3T that would be pretty ideal cause I think anything higher is out of the question. Obviously it depends on what is in the bill and what are the details but I think 2T and anything higher would be a decent win for everyone involved.

Combine the 1.9T Covid relief package which cut child poverty in half, along with the 1.2T Infrastructure package that would put 2M people to work on fixing roads, bridges, lead water pipes, broadband, etc along with the 250B$ China Technology bill and a reconciliation package of 2T that goes towards lowering drug costs, PFL, battling climate change, changing the tax code, possible medicare expansion and community college etc  that still gives Biden a total of around 5.2T in spending and massive wins across the board and a handful of policy wins that he and Democrats can run on in 2022? Thoughts?

update:

apparently maybe Biden didn’t mention a 2T dollar number, one Rep is stating…

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,519
On 10/1/2021 at 8:05 PM, Nightwing said:

I HATE OUR GOVERNMENT WHY CANT WE HAVE SOMETHING GOOD FOR ONCE

angry television GIF by WE tv

Per Joe Manchin….we just have to elect more liberals :mess: also you didn’t give a poll answer :ohhh:

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,519
On 10/1/2021 at 8:49 PM, Nightwing said:

It’s gonna be hilarious to see him elected out of office despite his numerous attempts to appeal to Trump voters. It’s not gonna work like he thinks it is.

Also I’m undecided :icant:

What sucks is we might need people like him and Sinema in 2024 at any shot to keep the majority given how tough that year will be for the Democrats in the Senate, given they win the primary in their respective state. :katy:

Sinema might struggle though, her numbers among Democrats are AWFUL and she’s not doing herself any favors serving as a huge roadblock in the Biden/Democrat agenda

On 10/1/2021 at 9:04 PM, blankpaper said:

I wish we’d stop pretending that manchin and sinema are democrats. We don’t have a senate majority and acting like we do just makes the whole thing even more frustrating 

To be fair I did say…” I do realize that we need to compromise here with the Republicans in our party..”

they're DINOS (Democrats in Name Only) 

though I will say, moments like this suck but it’s nice to have some perspective, the 1.9T dollar COVID package, this infrastructure bill (biggest since 1950s), and a 2Tish sized BBB plan would not be possible without us retaking both GA Senate seats, imagine how much worse things could be with McConnell as Majority Leader we would be lucky to get close to 1T in spending much less the 4T+ that we (might) get…it does suck, don’t get me wrong, I agree, I just try to tell myself it could be worse :/ and to be fair if this agenda passes it still be be historic and do amazing things for America. 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 2,450
On 10/1/2021 at 6:25 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

What sucks is we might need people like him and Sinema in 2024 at any shot to keep the majority given how tough that year will be for the Democrats in the Senate, given they win the primary in their respective state. :katy:

Sinema might struggle though, her numbers among Democrats are AWFUL and she’s not doing herself any favors serving as a huge roadblock in the Biden/Democrat agenda

To be fair I did say…” I do realize that we need to compromise here with the Republicans in our party..”

they're DINOS (Democrats in Name Only) 

though I will say, moments like this suck but it’s nice to have some perspective, the 1.9T dollar COVID package, this infrastructure bill (biggest since 1950s), and a 2Tish sized BBB plan would not be possible without us retaking both GA Senate seats, imagine how much worse things could be with McConnell as Speaker, we would be lucky to get close to 1T in spending much less the 4T+ that we (might) get…it does suck, don’t get me wrong, I agree, I just try to tell myself it could be worse :/ and to be fair if this agenda passes it still be be historic and do amazing things for America. 

By “we” I just meant dems in general, not you. I saw what you did with the “republicans in our party” lol

Agree that it would be much much worse under McConnells reign, but it makes dems look extremely ineffective. Republicans pass anything and everything when they have a majority, but dems can hardly get watered down bills through 

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,519

She’s an actual POS. I can’t stand her. She loves to compare herself to John McCain but McCain talked to reporters all the time and was forthcoming about his policy views, popular or not. She just hides and refuse to actually state what any of her policy views are.

Shes such a f-ing disappointment. She’s the worst of the worst and everything wrong with politics in one ugly troll outfit. And that’s how you know even though I bleed blue I’ll be honest, f- her. Democrat or Republican she’s TRASH.

you literally have your constituent talking to you about family members dying and not being able to visit them in MX because she’s a DACA recipient and has no pathway to citizenship and you just f-ing sit there? Who does she think she is? 

I can’t imagine being a person who went and knocked on doors for her and donated to her, I would call her office everyday and leave messages stating my opinion on her.

RANT OVER

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,519

…..no words

Also, ICYMI, McConnell folded in the debt limit battle, but debt limit was raised only by about 480Bish and we’ll need to revisit in December :laughga:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1
  • sad 2

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: Appeals Court Reinstates Texas Abortion Ban
Kindness Admin 6,892

I THINK the issues might be fixed with tagging and such? I'm still not really sure why, but I reset a few things just in case.

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,519

After WH mtg, Ro Khanna says that most "the programs will be there in some form." 
- child tax credit with means testing
- universal pre-K
- Medicare expansion
- some funding for community college scholarships
- ACA funding
- climate investments

Biden told progressive lawmakers that negotiators are weighing a reduction of the duration of the paid leave benefit in the economic and climate package to four weeks, down from a proposed 12 weeks, three sources tell 

Cost "around $2T"

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,519
On 10/19/2021 at 6:39 PM, Nightwing said:

I hate it here 

Biden told progressive lawmakers that negotiators are weighing a reduction of the duration of the paid leave benefit in the economic and climate package to four weeks, down from a proposed 12 weeks, three sources tell 

…update :katy:

f- the 12 Democrats in the house and senate compete obstructing everything…people love to blame Biden for this saying “he needs to be like FDR or LBJ” Completely not realizing that he has absolutely no margin for error. Obviously a 2T dollar bill is better than nothing but it sucks seeing these cuts. It’s good knowing that the programs will actually help people unlike the Trump tax cuts but ugh. I can’t stand the small few hurting the benefit that so many want.

this is why we need more Progessives in the senate

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • sad 1
  • thanks 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: RUMOR/SCOOP- Manchin to Leave Democrat Party?
Pop-a-911-ster 32,519

This literally just keeps getting worse, don’t get me wrong this bill will still accomplish good things but man, Biden’s whole agenda has really been slashed. Don’t see this playing well for Democrats in 2022 and I wouldn’t be shocked to see them lose the senate and house. 

I mean, if you can’t even follow up on the very simple “tax the rich” promise then I don’t see why Democrat voters would turn out in 2022. Democrats should be very concerned. 

also, I would at this point not fault anyone who are just waiting to see what they finally pass before assessing -- it's exhausting to keep track of 35 ever-shifting policy proposals being in & out :icant:

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,519

Everything is pointing to a bill about worth 2T$, Sinema has agreed to tax provisions to target the wealthy and corporations (without RAISING the rates)

“Democrats are bullish on landing Sinema on a bevy of proposals that don't cross her red line on raising those rates. They believe she will agree to the "mark to market" proposal to levy billionaires who don’t pay taxes on their unrealized gains and a corporate minimum tax.

Some of the largest remaining obstacles include paid leave, Medicare expansion, prescription drug pricing and climate, according to Democrats familiar with the discussions — all issues that risk alienating key factions of the party.”

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
On 10/21/2021 at 3:13 PM, Paul Atreides said:

:love:

I just…. Imagine Bernie being your good Judy and chatting it up with him on the phone. I can’t :dead:

Edited by NotDoctor
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal