All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal

MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,127

To be fair we are gonna get 2000$..600+1400 = 2000$ that’s on you if you thought you were suddenly gonna get another 2K on top of the 600....again that’s so in the past I don’t feel like arguing about that haha. Clearly people were interpreting different things.

2nd, Biden did try to stop deportations for his 1st 100 days while policy was under review and a Texas Court blocked that, so as of right now ICE is allowed to continue those deportations which is why Biden released the new guidelines and priorities for which they should be guided by when conducting these deportations, a non partisan study shows that about 87% of non documented immigrants would not be priority under these guidelines and would need approval in order to continue moving forward if they were not a priority under he new DHS guidelines. 

3rd, Biden hasn’t REFUSED to cancel any amount of student aide, his admin wants to cancel up to about 10K (which is what he ran on, not 50K that Schumer and Warren are discussing) he just hasn’t necessarily done it yet, which is odd and questionable but I think they’re waiting until they know they can do it so they don’t run into a challenge like the Texas court did on the deportations.

Its only been a month, can we give it some time before we all yell failure? Biden deserves time to try and accomplish what he wants to get done. He’s introduced major Immigration reform and wants to make progress on the Equality Act while trying to get the country back opened.

Let the man have some time before we scream at him. That’s just my opinion though. Each to their own.

ARTPOPster 2,173
21 hours ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

hes so angry that the SC that he helped create didn't help him...I'm dying

spit take GIF

Well because of what he persuaded 5 people died at the capital raid, so he had a hand in murder whether he likes it or not, and that’s worth investigating for even in his own words 💅

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,127

:eyega: You mean funding for schools, unemployment insurance, funding for COVID vaccinations and distribution, money for small businesses, nutrition assistance, or do you actually mean the funding for states and locals...I just don’t get it

I mean the only thing I think they could remotely complain about would be the minimum wage increase, if it were to be included...I can’t stand McConnell :katy:

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,127
6 hours ago, Starboy said:

He also opened new detention centers as well, which is something Trump was criticized for, but I assume you’ll give Biden a pass on that too since you’re on his team.

no I actually agree with AOC whole heartedly, I also admit that I don’t have all the answers to what to do at the border. I have no idea what else to do with the hundreds of hundreds children coming across the border unassisted with no parents. And I’d be interested in hearing what your policy changes would be at the border.

I do know the remain the Mexico policy and the family separation policies were very harmful and downright cruel. If I understand correctly the Office of Refugee Resettlement case managers work with the children to identify and conduct background checks on sponsors. If cleared, children are released to live with them while they go through the immigration court process.

It’s not great and I’m not arguing that this is the best solution, it surely isn’t. America has had a broken immigration system for a long time. But at the same time we’re in the middle of an admin change, clearly protocols and policies are under review processes and the border will surely be changing as more and more policies are possibly reviewed and overturned etc. But to be fair Biden is the first President to come into office and introduce immigration legislation in a very long time, it’s clearly an issue he wants to tackle. So I say give it time and I try to find the differences in clearly harmful terrible policies and situations in which they’re trying to find a fix

keeping kids behind fences separated from parents is a little different than reopening and expanding a migrant facility for unattended children, one activist was quoted saying it was the “Cadillac of centers”...so there is a difference. Again it’s not perfect so I’d love to discuss what changes you think need to be taken.

By the way....I really wish instead of just assuming things you would actually try to have a conversation, you assuming things about my political thoughts without trying to have a half decent conversation is a pretty big turn off and makes me so much less likely to interact with you in the future.

Have a good day! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/02/23/no-bidens-new-border-move-isnt-like-trumps-kids-cages-not-hardly/%3foutputType=amp

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,127
24 minutes ago, Starboy said:

Our immigration system definitely needs to be overhauled and improved because it’s absolutely broken but doing anything like putting people in cages and having them wait there until they’re processed is not okay. I don’t have any solid solutions but I think we could provide temporary status for certain people, like families, women and children, and let them stay in border cities as they live normal lives while they’re getting processed. Obviously legalizing the millions of illegal immigrants here would also be good but to tackle the problem we also have to get to the root of it. We need to be investing and send funding to countries whose people are fleeing and making their way to the U.S. because if those countries are in a better shape then there won’t be as many people emigrating from there. I’m cautiously hopeful that he’ll actually get something meaningful done on immigration but again that’s to be seen. It does seem like something will get done this time though.

In regards to your final statement, since you wanted to get something off your chest then I think I should too. Maybe you could try addressing me directly next time you want to discuss something I posted instead of just avoiding any sort of confrontation. I did say “I assume” so yeah I was making assumptions based on the constant praise you post on behalf of the Biden administration. Boy, would they love to have you as their press secretary. Not one criticism until someone else brings it up. Maybe post the good and the bad too, everything isn’t all sunshine and rainbows.

p.s. That article did not change my mind one bit. It’s still a detainment camp that has migrants locked up.

My apologies, I thought I had clicked quote..though to be fair it was pretty Obvious I was responding to you, I’m pretty sure everyone including you knew that. And it took me going through this entire thread and almost 60 responses to find me posting a positive post about Biden, sorry if that personally affected you. I have more posts in this thread shitting on Ted Cruz and praising AOC for raising money than I do praising Biden so I really don’t see your point.

I agreed with your point about not loving the migrant facility and admitting that I really don’t know the answer and that I’m hopeful given the Biden admins proposed plan that seem to really want to achieve something, which will take some time. I shared the AOC post above because I’m legitimately not that creative and I don’t know all the answers and it does seem like in the meantime there is more reform that could take place. I don’t know how possible it would be to pass but idk.

And no offense I don’t find it my job to find and post all the articles, if you find something, good or bad post it, I don’t give a sh!t, discussion is good...but assuming people’s positions I think is it’s gonna cause fights. Just cause I’m not mad about stimulus check amounts or 50K student loan cancellation doesn’t mean I agree with every single policy or thing their admin has done.

like I said, post whatever articles you want, I’m just glad someone other than me is posting here. Going forward I’ll MAKE SURE to quote you if I wanna respond. But I’m also not gonna stop sharing things like my first post about how I’m happy to have a President that isn’t like Trump, that alone is a big improvement and after 4 years of it I’m allowed to take a month and celebrate and put my cynicism aside for a month or two LOL.

edit: by the way I really did enjoy the dialogue and conversation! It is nice to go back and forth and see other points of view, cause like you said, not everything is rainbows and kittens. Could’ve done without the snide remark about me being a press secretary but whatever you gotta do haha

Edited by MANiCURE1295

ARTPOPster 2,450

Tom Cotton and Romney are proposing a compromise of a $10 minimum wage. Arkansas (Cotton’s state) already has an $11 minimum wage :rip:

https://www.vox.com/2021/2/23/22297538/romney-cotton-10-minimum-wage-proposal

tired of Romney always pretending to be bipartisan and moderate but always falling in line with his party :overit:

• shook 1

15 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

Tom Cotton and Romney are proposing a compromise of a $10 minimum wage. Arkansas (Cotton’s state) already has an $11 minimum wage :rip:

is it just me or is this still not enough to live off of especially if you are a single parent or whatever?

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,127
36 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

https://www.vox.com/2021/2/23/22297538/romney-cotton-10-minimum-wage-proposal

tired of Romney always pretending to be bipartisan and moderate but always falling in line with his party :overit:

Over the course of 5 years.....:icant: this is exactly why Biden didn’t waste time on bipartisan talks with the GOP after their best offer was 600M...they don’t even bother to try to come to the middle..like really 10$ by 2025

Thats literally legislated poverty if that were to pass. That’s absolute INSANITY. They don’t even try to hide the fact that their efforts to be “bipartisan” are f-ing pathetic.

ALSO linking to some immigration bill forcing employers to use some E verification system to try and screen our undocumented workers...ugh..what is their issue..they’re not even trying to be f-ing decent.

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,450
55 minutes ago, thetea said:

is it just me or is this still not enough to live off of especially if you are a single parent or whatever?

Not at all. It might be livable for someone with roommates, in a cheap city, no kids, and no big bills like student loans. And even then it wouldn’t be comfortable

All the arguments about the federal minimum wage are especially ridiculous when considering that most states have already implemented minimums that are higher than the federal rate anyway. And there are cities that are already at or over $15/hr (I think Seattle’s the highest at $16.69 and they have their issues, but it’s not because of minimum wage)

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,127

Seems like the Neera Tanden’s confirmation is crumbling and is coming to its end...mean tweets coming back to haunt a democrat, the hypocrisy of the republicans is just too much :icant:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things US Politics: Cabinet Confirmations Continue
Pop-a-911-ster 32,127

Day 36 (2/24/21) - 2 Executive Orders & 1 Proclamation Signed by Biden

100 Day Review of Supply Chains

President Joe Biden will sign an executive order on Wednesday aimed at addressing a global semiconductor chip shortage that has forced U.S. automakers and other manufacturers to cut production and alarmed the White House and members of Congress, administration officials said.

The order will launch a 100-day review of supply chains for four critical products: semiconductor chips, large-capacity batteries for electric vehicles, rare earth minerals and pharmaceuticals.

The order will also direct six sector reviews, modeled after the process used by the Defense Department to strengthen the defense industrial base. It will be focused on the areas of defense, public health, communications technology, transportation, energy and food production. 

The United States has been besieged by supply shortages since the onset of the pandemic, which squeezed the availability of masks, gloves and other personal protective equipment, hurting frontline workers.

The chip shortage, which in some cases is forcing automakers to take employees off production lines, is the latest example of supply bottlenecks.

Immigration

President Biden reopened the country on Wednesday to people seeking green cards, ending a ban on legal immigration that President Donald J. Trump imposed last spring, citing what he said was the need to protect American jobs during the pandemic.

In a proclamation, Mr. Biden said that the ban did “not advance the interests of the United States,” challenging Mr. Trump’s claims that the way to protect the American economy during the health crisis was to shut the country off from the rest of the world.

“To the contrary,” Mr. Biden said of his predecessor’s immigration ban, “it harms the United States, including by preventing certain family members of United States citizens and lawful permanent residents from joining their families here. It also harms industries in the United States that utilize talent from around the world.”

The president’s action was the latest example of his efforts to roll back Mr. Trump’s assaulton the nation’s immigration system.

Anarchist Cities & More

Trump issued a memorandum in September that sought to identify municipal governments that permit “anarchy, violence and destruction in American cities.” The memorandum followed riots during anti-police and anti-racism protests over George Floyd’s killing by Minneapolis police. The Justice Department identified New York City, Portland, Oregon, and Seattle as three cities that could have federal funding slashed.

Those cities in turn filed a lawsuit to invalidate the designation and fight off the Trump administration’s efforts to withhold federal dollars.

Trump in his “Promoting Beautiful Federal Civic Architecture” intoned that America’s forefathers “wanted public buildings to inspire the American people and encourage civic virtue." The memorandum added that architects should look to “America’s beloved landmark buildings” such as the White House, the U.S. Capitol, the Supreme Court, the Department of the Treasury and the Lincoln Memorial for inspiration.

Another order halted was one Trump issued in the final days of his presidency dubbed the “Ensuring Democratic Accountability in Agency Rulemaking." It called for limiting the ability of federal agency employees in making regulatory decisions.

Biden also revoked a 2018 order that called for agency heads across the government to review welfare programs — such as food stamps, Medicaid and housing aid — and strengthening work requirements for certain recipients.

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
1 hour ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

thank god...Manchin really gonna make me wanna die for the next two years huh? :katy:

Joe Manchin GIF by GIPHY News

BONUS:

I would've lost it if he didn't tbh.

• yaas, gaga 1

Kindness Admin 6,892

I don't know much about Neera Tanden, but my friends even more to-the-left than me also dislike her. That's a pretty tough spot to be in.

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,127
Just now, admin said:

I don't know much about Neera Tanden, but my friends even more to-the-left than me also dislike her. That's a pretty tough spot to be in.

Yeah I haven’t done much research into her, maybe @Starboyknows some stuff on her? I think she’s just pretty corporate, operated as the head of a think tank I believe.

I hear that there’s a more progressive person lined up behind her if she’s not confirmed so I think people on the far left may end up being actually really happy with Manchin.

I have no issues with people voting against her for her possible conflicts of interest but to play this whole “holier than you” attitude because of some tweets is really rich with a couple of Republicans

Kindness Admin 6,892
2 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Yeah I haven’t done much research into her, maybe @Starboyknows some stuff on her? I think she’s just pretty corporate, operated as the head of a think tank I believe.

I hear that there’s a more progressive person lined up behind her if she’s not confirmed so I think people on the far left may end up being actually really happy with Manchin.

I have no issues with people voting against her for her possible conflicts of interest but to play this whole “holier than you” attitude because of some tweets is really rich with a couple of Republicans

Agreed on all of this. To be fair, almost everyone in the political system is pretty hypocritical by nature, but NOTHING compares to the Republican party in American politics. They lie and deceive as much or more than that do anything else. The poison in this country is unreal.

• paws up 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal
  • admin locked this topic
  • admin unlocked this topic