All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal

MANiCURE1295

Popster to Popster 2,701
On 2/25/2022 at 7:51 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

YES! So happy he didn’t choose Manchin’s wish pick Michelle Childs! YES BIDEN!!!

I’ll have to read up more on her but she seems like a decent pick

Pop-a-911-ster 32,116
On 3/4/2022 at 11:20 AM, Nightwing said:

Did you see the SOTU? @MANiCURE1295 Biden sounded so well! I especially loved the Ukraine-Russia bit and his ending remarks

Yes I did see it! I thought it was good as well! Disappointed to hear a repeat of SO MANY domestic policies he talked about last year that got derailed in the BBB thanks to Manchin, meaning we’ll continue to not get them :laughga:

So it was good and I liked the rhetoric on Ukraine/Russia but on the democratic front it’s not like I have much faith in any sort of reconciliation bill 

• love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: Ketanji Brown Jackson SCOTUS hearings begin TODAY
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: Ketanji Brown Jackson confirmed to SCOTUS in Bipartisan Vote
  • 4 weeks later...
Pop-a-911-ster 32,116
On 5/19/2022 at 4:04 PM, Nightwing said:

This is incredibly infuriating and I hope voters will see through this.

This country’s government has been infuriating for months now, can’t believe the democrats took 2 years of government and did nothing. I’ve been so absent from this thread and stopped updating because everything became so depressing :disappointed:

• hugs 1

Popster to Popster 2,701
On 5/19/2022 at 6:44 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

This country’s government has been infuriating for months now, can’t believe the democrats took 2 years of government and did nothing. I’ve been so absent from this thread and stopped updating because everything became so depressing :disappointed:

Yeah it’s like nothing has changed And I don’t blame you for going MIA, I feel the same way too. Everything going on right now in the country is awful and there doesn’t seem to be any end in sight—and not only that, Republicans are blocking virtually any attempt to fix the issues we’re facing. I know I’ve said this a million times but I f-ing hate it here. 

• hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,116
On 5/19/2022 at 7:52 PM, Nightwing said:

Yeah it’s like nothing has changed And I don’t blame you for going MIA, I feel the same way too. Everything going on right now in the country is awful and there doesn’t seem to be any end in sight—and not only that, Republicans are blocking virtually any attempt to fix the issues we’re facing. I know I’ve said this a million times but I f-ing hate it here. 

Yeah after the infrastructure bill basically nothing happened in congress, they still haven’t even passed the China competition bill lol, BBB failed and voting rights was an epic failure and Manchin and Sinema basically side with republicans….we can’t even get all democrats to vote yes on the WHPA….it sucks here.

• sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
Pop-a-911-ster 32,116

@Nightwing

my thoughts……

The bill looks like it basically doesn’t do anything. When will people realize that these “bipartisan deals” that get the vote of people like Susan Collins are just incredibly watered down p*ss poor substitutes for things that would actually work…Like wow increased background checks for people age 21 and younger, oh and wow grants for states to implement laws…wow that definitely sounds like that would prevent all the school shootings recently 🙄

Our elected officials are truly unable to tackle the issues that everyday Americans face. Republicans are too insane and crazy and Democrats are not nearly strong enough to do what is needed to do.

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 2,701
On 6/12/2022 at 10:58 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

@Nightwing

my thoughts……

The bill looks like it basically doesn’t do anything. When will people realize that these “bipartisan deals” that get the vote of people like Susan Collins are just incredibly watered down p*ss poor substitutes for things that would actually work…Like wow increased background checks for people age 21 and younger, oh and wow grants for states to implement laws…wow that definitely sounds like that would prevent all the school shootings recently 🙄

Our elected officials are truly unable to tackle the issues that everyday Americans face. Republicans are too insane and crazy and Democrats are not nearly strong enough to do what is needed to do.

Exactly my thoughts. Like WTF are these policies? The absolute bare minimum and very unlikely to prevent another mass shooting. Ridiculous.

• thanks 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal