All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal

MANiCURE1295

ARTPOPster 2,450
2 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Yeah I haven’t done much research into her, maybe @Starboyknows some stuff on her? I think she’s just pretty corporate, operated as the head of a think tank I believe.

I hear that there’s a more progressive person lined up behind her if she’s not confirmed so I think people on the far left may end up being actually really happy with Manchin.

I have no issues with people voting against her for her possible conflicts of interest but to play this whole “holier than you” attitude because of some tweets is really rich with a couple of Republicans

I admittedly don’t know much about this whole thing so this could be wrong but I read somewhere that the worst of the offending tweets was just calling McConnell Voldemort :laughga:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,525
4 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

I admittedly don’t know much about this whole thing so this could be wrong but I read somewhere that the worst of the offending tweets was just calling McConnell Voldemort :laughga:

I think she called Ted Cruz a vampire and Susan Collins “just the worse”

as someone who Collins represents...I agree with the above statement, she is one of the worst :laughga:

ARTPOPster 2,450
6 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

I think she called Ted Cruz a vampire and Susan Collins “just the worse”

as someone who Collins represents...I agree with the above statement, she is one of the worst :laughga:

"I’m concerned that your personal attacks about specific senators will make it more difficult for you to work with them," Portman said. "Just to mention a few of the thousands of negative public statements, you wrote that Susan Collins is the worst, that Tom Cotton is a fraud, that vampires have more heart than Ted Cruz. You called leader McConnell: Moscow Mitch and Voldemort, and on and on.” 

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/09/neera-tanden-confirmation-remarks-467833

It’s rich coming from Republicans. Not only that they suddenly have an issue with social media behavior, but also how they’re always screaming “f*ck your feelings” but sure seem to be having a lot of feelings now about some mild criticism :laughga:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,525

Trump really hated those BLM protests that occurred over the summer :katy:
also I forgot about his obsession with classical architecture :icant: Biden said nope b*ch bye 
Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
3 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Trump really hated those BLM protests that occurred over the summer :katy:
also I forgot about his obsession with classical architecture :icant: Biden said nope b*ch bye 

And people say Biden isn’t doing anything. He is undoing alot of sh!t before he can focus on the actual tasks!

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,525

Equality Act will go to the senate, will need 10 Republican senators to join Democrats to pass in the senate...honestly looking pretty doubtful :bradley: but it is one step closer.

The House had previously passed the legislation in 2019 but Biden did make it a campaign promise to try and get it passed in the first 100 days and they do have control of the senate so I guess we’ll have to keep our eyes open

• yaas, gaga 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
19 hours ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

15$ minimum wage not allowed in reconciliation.....:katy: what the f- man

19 hours ago, Starboy said:

It’s over :octopus:

Sigh. We'll see if they can manage to get in elsewhere, but eek. It's sad we have to rely on these weird loopholes to get something like this passed.

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 32,525
1 hour ago, Starboy said:

:mess:

I wonder why the US doesn’t typically impose those sanctions on the highest leadership?

I don’t understand foreign policy tbh :katy: it’s hard enough understanding our know f-ed up domestic policy haha. You would think that we would sanction MBS?

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/26/intel-report-saudi-prince-khashoggi-murder-471756

Like I know we use SA as allies against Iran but still...:katy: and I know it’s a balance of maintaining balance in that area of the world while also showing US strength but I’m just not privy to all the ins and outs, I feel like foreign policy is kinda like Immigration in that sense. It’s always so much more confusing than people are willing to think about.

I can’t imagine being someone who has that sort of power and has to weigh all these consequences and decisions and knowing that whatever decision you make could have huge impacts. Like we sanction the crown prince and what happens? I don’t know :katy:

Wish more action was taken, guess we’ll see :katy:

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,525
48 minutes ago, Starboy said:

That’s precisely why. We’re allies therefore they’ll do anything but sanction their leadership. They view Saudi Arabia as a valuable ally in the region so they’re not trying to ruin that, which I personally think our relationship with them is not worth it. Like there are way too many cons and not enough pros.

I will say that foreign policy is indeed confusing in a lot of ways, you have to do a lot of research yourself to know all the ins and outs. Thankfully I’ve done an academic paper on U.S.-Saudi relations but even then I don’t know all the intricacies because it’s just so complex.

Sanctioning MBS would most likely result in losing alliance our with them tbh. They have to be VERY careful in what they do so I guess this move makes the most sense.

Thanks for your input! I love that people are constantly peeping in here and posting stuff! I’ve read the recent Obama memoir and one thing that he talked about while discussing the OBL mission was that candidates on the trail can say what they’re gonna do when it comes to foreign policy but at the end of the day when you step into that office you don’t get that luxuary of just doing whatever you want, as President you have to weigh all the options and everyone who could possibly be affected and then determine what you would do.

Even if Biden wanted to sanction MBS, would it be a good idea, what would be the ramifications of that in SA, what about in the US, what about in the Middle East in general? You gotta weigh these things. There’s so much too at stake when it comes to decisions like this...like I said I could never do it. Must not be easy by any means.

Lemme me stick to discussing minimum wage and the equality act :icant: definitely learned some stuff today though :love:

also @Starboycorrect me if I’m wrong but in order to overrule the parliamentary in regards to the minimum wage we would need the VP to overrule but we also need at least the 50 senators to also vote to overrule correct? So doesn’t Manchin and Sinema still block this for us, even if the WH was interested in doing this?

edit:

oh I guess it would take 60 to overrule the VP....I thought we needed the majority (all Dems + VP) to overrule the Parliamentarians decision

edit 2:

wait so we do need all the Dems to overrule the decision? So even if the WH wanted too we would be screwed by Manchin and Sinema...:icant:

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,525
2 minutes ago, Starboy said:

Okay so basically the decision to overrule the Senate Parliamentarian is solely decided by the VP. If some Senators didn’t like that move then they would need 60 votes to overrule the VP’s decision (not likely to happen). BUT yes you’re correct in that if Kamala were to overrule the Senate Parliamentarian’s decision to exclude the minimum wage increase then Sinema and Manchin would vote against the stimulus bill, therefore sinking it.

So actually it makes sense for the Biden administration to be okay with that and not overrule the Senate Parliamentarian because if Kamala did then the bill would have no chance of passing. I know it’s not something most liberals want to hear but it’s actually the right move here.

Okay I think that’s what I was thinking about, I think that second tweet was talking about specifically the vote on the stimulus and not the vote on the overrule, that makes sense.

we need to win more seats in 2022 so that not every vote hinges on Manchin and Sinema..I can’t stand it :gaga-scream: I hate how our political system gives so much power to select people like Manchin, Sinema, McConnell, Collins, and most moderates in general.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,525

Jared Golden one of my Representatives here in ME was one of the two Democrats to vote against the package :gunga:

see what I’m stuck with? People like Collins and Golden represent me :gaga-scream: thank god I have Angus and Chellie...

in other news...ONE STEP CLOSER TO COVID RELIEF!!!!

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • yaas, gaga 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things US Politics: House Passes ARP 219-212
Pop-a-911-ster 32,525

Trump at CPAC 2021

Trump demands that Biden reopen schools RIGHT NOW....

Still talking about windmills.....:laughga:

...and now back to this lie...:katy:

AND THE BIG ONE...IM DONE YALL

*Will update as he speaks 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • sad 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things US Politics: Trump Speaks @ CPAC
  • MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal
  • admin locked this topic
  • admin unlocked this topic