All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal

MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 32,510

40 Executive Orders including but not limited to; ending the keystone XL pipeline, the Muslim ban, stopping construction of the border wall, discrimination of LGBTQ+ in the workplace, no more transgender military ban, and a mask mandate on federal property, putting a stop to our terrible policy of separating families at the border and creating a task force to reunite those families.... finally a competent President and someone who cares about a defeating this virus

All that with hopefully a 1.9T relief package on the way...woah..keep it up Biden :oscar:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 32,510
9 minutes ago, Roman said:

I genuinely get tired of the way Biden seems to always try to stay neutral on everything to please everyone. Even if it means sacrificing something as big as what you’ve just pointed out here. Imagine how many people this would save. 

53 minutes ago, Starboy said:

Just want to say that Biden could easily wipe out all student debt with the stroke of a pen but refuses to do so because he doesn’t want students from elite universities from benefiting because they’re all rich and don’t need to debt forgiveness, which IS NOT TRUE.

According to a fact check from CNBC, “Just 0.3% of federal student borrowers attended Ivy League colleges, according to an estimate by higher education expert Mark Kantrowitz.” Meaning hardly any amount of borrowers come from Ivy League schools. 

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/02/19/very-small-share-of-student-loan-borrowers-attended-elite-colleges-.html

Wiping out student debt entirely would be a life saver for millions of poor and middle-class families. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/forgiving-student-loan-debt-will-help-families-escape-poverty-cycle-2021-2%3famp

So, yeah Biden can f*ck off with his milquetoast approach that even top Senate Dems think is too low of a number. Demand better and never settle for less, especially if this affects you or someone you know.

I do like that people like AOC, Warren and Schumer are applying the pressure!!!! Gotta keep it up and hopefully get some student loan relief!!! I don’t know if we’ll ever get the 50K that people are asking for but I’m definitely hopeful we can get something like the 10K he’s mentioned... I know there is debate about what he is able to do with the stoke of a pen, but I absolutely think with some pressure we’ll be able to get some student loan relief. 

I’m not ready to trash him on that yet though, let’s wait and see what happens. It’s only been 1 month after all!

:bow:

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 401

Unfortunately, I've always loved U.S. politics. Thanks for writing up daily summaries! 

3 hours ago, Starboy said:

Just want to say that Biden could easily wipe out all student debt with the stroke of a pen but refuses to do so because he doesn’t want students from elite universities from benefiting because they’re all rich and don’t need to debt forgiveness, which IS NOT TRUE.

According to a fact check from CNBC, “Just 0.3% of federal student borrowers attended Ivy League colleges, according to an estimate by higher education expert Mark Kantrowitz.” Meaning hardly any amount of borrowers come from Ivy League schools. 

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/02/19/very-small-share-of-student-loan-borrowers-attended-elite-colleges-.html

Wiping out student debt entirely would be a life saver for millions of poor and middle-class families. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/forgiving-student-loan-debt-will-help-families-escape-poverty-cycle-2021-2%3famp

So, yeah Biden can f*ck off with his milquetoast approach that even top Senate Dems think is too low of a number. Demand better and never settle for less, especially if this affects you or someone you know.

I find these excuses so insulting. It would be one thing (but just as evil) if they said private school loans won't be forgiven but why we should all suffer because 8 schools charge exorbitant tuition??? :lesson:

I know they trot out the 'we're not paying for Trump's kids to go to college' excuse for why they can't make university free but when it comes to student loan forgiveness, I don't think misrepresenting the nature of college tuition and financial aid hits the same. State school grads who get 100% of their 10K loan forgiven won't care if Yale grads get 10% of their 500K loan forgiven but everyone with 50K+ in loans is going to be p*ssed if the mere existence of Yale ruins it for everyone. 

Plus, 99% of Ivy League grads with student loans are 

1. doctors, lawyers, professors who deserve loan forgiveness just like state school doctors, lawyers, professors!!! 

2. undergrads who covered tuition w/ grants but needed last mile loans just like at state schools!!!

so it's completely unfair to base loan forgiveness off sticker price.

Edited by blue
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 1

8 hours ago, Paradise is in my hands said:

Are we concerned about inflation?

won't inflation happen with or without minimum wage being higher? there's honestly no excuse and most other countries have minimum wages and the economy is still holding up. it will have to be implemented sometime, and why not now, especially with how many people are struggling because they live off tips which no one is giving

• paws up 1

Moderator 3,690
4 hours ago, thetea said:

this may be premature but do we think joe biden can get a second term?

It is extremely premature to talk about it as it is not even certain if he will run for a second term. If he were to win he would be 82 - the oldest sitting president. I think Kamala will try to run, but it is not certain if she could win the democratic nomination. 

8 hours ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

lol can’t help but laugh....all of a sudden dude is tweeting out about helping his constituents...was supposed to be in Cancun all weekend. What  joke :icant:

After he got called out and caught fleeing Texas. Of course he did this for show and wouldn't be surprised if it was just for a photo-op. His brainwashed supporters won't bother thinking this is all smoke and mirrors.

• thanks 1

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things US Politics: COVID 19 Death Rates Reaches 500K
Popster This Way 564

ohh good for you our politican are in a spiral ...I am so sick of the konservativ party ruling our country  ...All they do is damage the clima and act surprised when people protest and held them accountable ...And nowdays they don´t even resign if they were caughtin huge scandals...

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,510
16 minutes ago, crazybadbich97 said:

ohh good for you our politican are in a spiral ...I am so sick of the konservativ party ruling our country  ...All they do is damage the clima and act surprised when people protest and held them accountable ...And nowdays they don´t even resign if they were caughtin huge scandals...

Exactly, Republicans b*ched and moaned when the Democrats in the House stripped Marjorie Taylor Greene of her committee assignments...ummm we wouldn’t have had to do that if her own party took action against her disgusting ways.

If you don’t know MTG you should look her up.....she’s a nasty woman who believes disgusting conspiracy theorists and has verbally attacked school shooting survivors. Yet she’s a proud member of the Republican Party and they proudly support her. It’s such a joke. 

• paws up 2

• MANiCURE1295 changed the title to All Things 🇺🇸 Politics: SCOTUS Officially Overturns Roe Vs Wade - Abortion Now Illegal
  • admin locked this topic
  • admin unlocked this topic