MEGARATE | Months of the year

gagaschickens

Just now, NYNJ Nights said:

Yes turning clocks back and the lack of sunlight is depressing 

here we turn the clocks back in october!!! and also the lack of sunlight is what i really like about it tbh, it makes me happy i think<3

• paws up 2

8) AUGUST (AVERAGE 6.37)

Highest/Lowest voters:

Spoiler

Lowest voters - @Blown Away @Sir.Sim – 0

Highest voters - @A Little Monsterrr @DonnieDarko - 11

Comments:

Spoiler

@DonnieDarko - Easily the best month ever. Summer in full bloom, tennis season still going strong. I just love it!

@ProjectJoanne - I love the feeling of August, it's super warm but not as hot as July and also feels humid but not enough to make you feel like you're constantly sweating. Love it!!! Also this was the month the acoustic version of Why Me? released, stream it!!!

@Franch Toast - Really getting too hot.

@Gypsy Life - Too hot

@WildAmerican - this month always meant "renewal" to me when I was in school but now it's just kinda blah. Rating it higher tho bc in the course of my life, August was always pretty solid bc a new school year is always exciting.

@Joesuda - August probably is my favourite summer month. Usually the heat is starting to mellow out, but the feeling of having to make the most of summer, the last parties, meetups and moments before the realities of school and work settle in.

@blankpaper - Even hotter than July and solidly fire season at this point

@Lorde Von Kok - End of summer, please. Month of the a-holes.

@NYNJ Nights - nothing significant, this month always drags on for me

@GitHub - we love a sweltering day and a cool early morning/night

@gagaschickens - gave it 1 only because its my birthday month, otherwise id say its even worse than july.

@Blown Away - August has the same disadvantages as July but without the sales.

@YourPocko - The first three weeks are gold but the last week is nostalgic and I can start smelling fall coming.

@PETTY - By this time, I’m over summer and I’m over the heat. Also have PTSD from associating August with having to prepare myself to go back to school.

@Sir.Sim - I hate it because it’s named after Augustus Caesar

@chailatte - too hot

• yaas, gaga 1

7) MARCH (AVERAGE 6.48)

Highest/Lowest voters:

Spoiler

Lowest voters  - @YourPocko – 0

Highest voters - @Bakugo – 11

Comments:

Spoiler

@ProjectJoanne - The month I finished Blue.

@Franch Toast - Finally, spring!

@WildAmerican - Solid month, bc it gets warmer, and March always was the most fun month in school to me

@Joesuda - I like March, the days are feeling longer and the first rays of spring break through from the winter haze.

@blankpaper - A year ago I would have given this a 1 since that’s when all the tax/audit season deadlines start getting bad, but I’m done with that life now and it’s getting nice out and staying light out later so I don’t hate it

@Lorde Von Kok - Very triggering month for me. Every year, something awful happens to me during this Pisces season. Please, let's move on with our lives.

@thetea - my birthday month

@NYNJ Nights - lighter days and start of spring

@GitHub - I welcome March with open arms after the tragedies that are Jan and Feb

@gagaschickens - i used to hate this one with a passion but lockdown last year made me like it

@Blown Away - March is meh. It doesn't have anything special.

@YourPocko - Covid has completely changed the way I see this month T.T

@PETTY - Tax season, Spring weather pops out here and there. It starts staying light out later. A middle of the road month.

@Sir.Sim - (One of my favourite months because of 8th of March)

@lavenderblondee - It means spring is almost here!

@chailatte - a little warm but a pleasant warm, not too hot

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
2 minutes ago, gagaschickens said:

here we turn the clocks back in october!!! and also the lack of sunlight is what i really like about it tbh, it makes me happy i think<3

Ahh so are you the type of person who embraces the concept of “Hygge” during this time?

Spoiler

It’s a Danish and Norwegian word for a mood of coziness and comfortable conviviality with feelings of wellness and contentment.  I read that people who live in countries where it’s dark for most of the year during winter tend to feel this way to make them feel happier and counteract seasonal depression 

• love 1

Popstanne 5,076
3 minutes ago, gagaschickens said:

what is the best monthfedca1-emote.png

2 of my favorite months r already gone, now my only fave thats still in is decemberfedca1-emote.png

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

6) OCTOBER (AVERAGE 7.04)

Highest/Lowest voters:

Spoiler

Lowest voters - @ProjectJoanne @YourPocko – 3

Highest voters - @calmar @PETTY @lavenderblondee – 11

Comments:

Spoiler

@ProjectJoanne - School. Halloween.

@Franch Toast - Gorgeous and autumnal, but usually too dreary by the end of the month.

@WildAmerican - my birthday month and the weather gets cooler, love Fall, Halloween, a great month

@Joesuda - October gets a boost from the colours of the leaves, but it isn't as fun as September.

@blankpaper - I truly hate fall. Everything starts dying and winters on its way, or it could suddenly start snowing in October. Plus I find the people whose entire personalities revolve around liking Halloween super annoying

@Lorde Von Kok - I love Fall, and I love Halloween even more. A good moment in general.

@NYNJ Nights - Colorful, peak apple picking season; start of holiday season with Halloween

@GitHub - this fanbase is obsessed with Halloween, but October is easily the most overrated month for me

@gagaschickens - this is where the year starts getting better. october is still not the greatest but definitely better than the previous 5 months.

@Blown Away - October still rides on the coattails of September, but is still a good month. The weather is still fine although it starts to rain a lot. My fave season really kicks in and the streets gets covered in leaves. Perfect for a nice walk. And you have Halloween on the end.

@YourPocko - Meh!

@PETTY - Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, sh!t on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it. Best month of the year, dont @ me

@lavenderblondee - Not only the month I was born, but I love all things fall. Pumpkin patches, scary movies, decorating and the basic in me screams for cold brew pumpkin spice from Starbucks.

@chailatte - nice and it is getting pretty with fall leaves

• paws up 1

4 minutes ago, NYNJ Nights said:

Ahh so are you the type of person who embraces the concept of “Hygge” during this time?

Hide contents

It’s a Danish and Norwegian word for a mood of coziness and comfortable conviviality with feelings of wellness and contentment.  I read that people who live in countries where it’s dark for most of the year during winter tend to feel this way to make them feel happier and counteract seasonal depression 

exactly, november-february is always such a nice time. summertime is stressful in a way, i dont like it. however, winter is not like that, so i love it

• paws up 2
  • hugs 1

5) JULY (AVERAGE 7.22)

Highest/Lowest voters:

Spoiler

Lowest voters - @gagaschickens – 0

Highest voters - @ProjectJoanne @Lorde Von Kok @YourPocko – 11

Comments:

Spoiler

@ProjectJoanne - My birthday month! 💙💙💙 Also the month my biggest hit single Why Me? came out, stream it!!!!!!

@Franch Toast - Starting to get too hot.

@Gypsy Life - Too hot

@WildAmerican - like June but always hotter

@Joesuda - July is a lovely month - I oftentimes travel in July. 

@blankpaper - Too hot. Plus that’s when the west coast usually starts catching on fire

@Lorde Von Kok - Cancer season, the best ever. It's hot girl summer and everybody is living their best life.

@thetea - i got my cat during this month in 2017 and my sisters birthday

@NYNJ Nights - peak growing season; so many fresh fruits and veggies

@GitHub - I do like July, but the heat can get oppressive and this is also when roaches seem to be in their prime

@gagaschickens - just no

@Blown Away - I don't like the summer. The weather is too hot and you still have to work. You can't go on vacation because everyone goes on a holiday with their kids and there are too many tourists everywhere. There is nothing redeeming about July, except for the long nights. Oh, and the sales.

@YourPocko - My best month ever with lots of things happening and lots of trips. Most of my friends are not working/studying so we can do lots of plans and it's just the best month cause it's sandwiched by june and august.

@PETTY - Cookouts and beach weather, *chefs kiss*

@lavenderblondee - It's warm out and my seasonal depression has officaly vanished! Yay to that.

@chailatte - again, too hot, I hate anything over like 75 degrees

• yaas, gaga 2

Popster to Popster 3,689
5 minutes ago, gagaschickens said:

@lavenderblondee - Not only the month I was born, but I love all things fall. Pumpkin patches, scary movies, decorating and the basic in me screams for cold brew pumpkin spice from Starbucks

guilty here as well :oops: 

and it doesn’t help that Starbucks seems to debut PSL earlier and earlier each year  :laughga:

• lol 1