Have You Been Vaccinated Yet?

WildAmerican

Vaccine Yet?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Vaccine Yet?

• Yes
    • Not Yet

RIP Angel 1,992

Nope. They're prioritizing essential workers first (as they should). We'll probably gonna be vaccinated around June or probably next year. We would've gotten our vaccines around January, but the one who's incharge with the papers forgot to take care of it so the process got delayed and the vaccines just arrived last week and a lot of those were donations. Our government's not handling this one properly cuz the president's busy throwing sexist remarks on the vice president.

• hugs 1
  • sad 1

Popster to Popster 3,889

Not yet. I do need to sign up through the health services though. As of now, I'm only signed up through a pharmacy. I really want to be vaccinated as soon as possible as I work with the public (and people who refuse to wear masks, so covid is constantly being brought into my office) and I'm not sure how long my antibodies are going to full on protect me from covid. :giveup:

I fully understand the "everyone needs to be vaccinated" aspect but it makes me extremely upset when I know people who are 100% work from home, healthy, can afford to have all their food delivered to them/never leave the house and have already gotten their vaccine. It's just not right.

• paws up 2

• 2 weeks later...
Popster to Popster 4,420

Bumping this thread bc I have an interesting vaccine predicament:

I am originally from Florida (grew up there, mom lives there now) but now live in the DC area in Maryland. FL has super low vaccine eligibility now and I would be able to get it there as early as next week. Maryland is expanding their eligibility to everyone by the end of April. I could travel home (travel poses a risk) to be vaccinated as early as next week, or I could stay put and wait to get vaccinated probably in early to mid May.

Thoughts?

ARTPOPster 2,450
22 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

I am originally from Florida (grew up there, mom lives there now) but now live in the DC area in Maryland. FL has super low vaccine eligibility now and I would be able to get it there as early as next week. Maryland is expanding their eligibility to everyone by the end of April. I could travel home (travel poses a risk) to be vaccinated as early as next week, or I could stay put and wait to get vaccinated probably in early to mid May.

Thoughts?

I’m in a similar position. I’m from Washington but live in Oregon now, but Washington’s eligibility is opening up to everyone sooner and my mom keeps pushing me to come see them and get vaccinated. I think I’d feel bad doing it but Oregon’s vaccination plan is a mess so who knows how long it would be if I waited to do it here 

Popstanne 5,076
29 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

I’m in a similar position. I’m from Washington but live in Oregon now, but Washington’s eligibility is opening up to everyone sooner and my mom keeps pushing me to come see them and get vaccinated. I think I’d feel bad doing it but Oregon’s vaccination plan is a mess so who knows how long it would be if I waited to do it here 

Just keep in mind if you get a two-dose vaccine you'd need to travel twice unless you're going to stay there for a couple of weeks. 

I posted this on another thread, but if you're eligible where you live, it seems that CVS updates their vaccine schedule in the middle of the night. I got an appointment by checking the website shortly after midnight the night before last and am getting Pfizered on Easter. It also worked for my friend, and we live in two different states. 

• thanks 2

Popster to Popster 4,420
1 minute ago, Franch Toast said:

Just keep in mind if you get a two-dose vaccine you'd need to travel twice unless you're going to stay there for a couple of weeks. 

I posted this on another thread, but if you're eligible where you live, it seems that CVS updates their vaccine schedule in the middle of the night. I got an appointment by checking the website shortly after midnight the night before last and am getting Pfizered on Easter. It also worked for my friend, and we live in two different states. 

are you in a state where you meet the eligibility requirements?

Popstanne 5,076
42 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

are you in a state where you meet the eligibility requirements?

Yes! They finally lowered the requirements a couple of weeks ago, but it took me weeks before I actually could score an appointment. 

• thanks 1

8 hours ago, chailatte said:

No, I'm too young :(

same

also most people here under the age of 18 wont be vaccinated until 2022 at least, because of limited vaccine supply i guess. so no, im not vaccinated either<3

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1

Popster to Popster 3,689

Twitter bots might be helpful in securing appointments. Here’s one that I am tracking in my state, now that I’m eligible for a vaccine 

• paws up 1