• 60's music
    • 70's music
    • 80's music
    • 90's music
    • 00's music
    • 10's music

ARTPOPster 2,450
5 minutes ago, JJ Monster said:

Especially like Rock because it was basically, one of their last moments of being mainstream.

I’m generally not much of a rock fan but there’s something about 90s grunge that I love 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Community Leader 1,294

Although with the advent of Moroders work with artists such as Donna Summer during the 70s, started the disco era... 

The 80s thrived with its glowing pop records that are dubbed timeless...

The combination of synths and drum machines inspired the music of the years to come by.  

The 90s also has great dance and electronic records (For example Ray Of Light by Madonna and Homeogenic by Bjork).

The usage of the 909 and even 808 at those eras inspired the music of today from Pop, Hiphop down to EDM.

But.... without the music of the olden days (30s music etc.). None of these will exist. So it all boils down to preference at this point. 

Though for me, The 80s win by a landslide. 

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 371
1 hour ago, kaelergrey said:

Although with the advent of Moroders work with artists such as Donna Summer during the 70s, started the disco era... 

The 80s thrived with its glowing pop records that are dubbed timeless...

The combination of synths and drum machines inspired the music of the years to come by.  

The 90s also has great dance and electronic records (For example Ray Of Light by Madonna and Homeogenic by Bjork).

The usage of the 909 and even 808 at those eras inspired the music of today from Pop, Hiphop down to EDM.

But.... without the music of the olden days (30s music etc.). None of these will exist. So it all boils down to preference at this point. 

Though for me, The 80s win by a landslide. 

Definitely agree with you of everything you said

Edited by JJ Monster

ARTPOPster 2,470

i liked the 90s, each genre dominated and it just had music more to my taste. but i guess every generation thinks that music of their time sucks 

The Fame Popster 371
1 hour ago, thetea said:

i liked the 90s, each genre dominated and it just had music more to my taste. but i guess every generation thinks that music of their time sucks 

Are you meaning their own music or their parents generations?

The Fame Popster 371
1 hour ago, Daylight Jokers said:

80's. There's a reason why artists of tday try to emulate the sound of that decade.

Absolutely, and especially the music has been a little nostalgia recent.