All things πŸ§ΌπŸ’„πŸ’…: Drop your skincare routine

BenG

Pop-a-911-ster 38,800

Hi Popsters, drop ya skincare routine.

Also, feel free to include your skin type and approx cost for each item.

Makeup items are welcome too.

Edited by BenG

• BenG changed the title to All things πŸ§–πŸ’„: Drop your skincare routine
Pop-a-911-ster 38,800
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Β 

Β  Hide contents

Inb4 facial-

I use mostly the ordinary products, work like a charm. Quite cheap online but the shipping is a pain

I get them from boots because I get 10% student discount, although they don't have the full range.Β 

I also get stuff from feelunique. You can choose 2 brands to be permanently discounted i think?

• shook 1

• BenG changed the title to All things πŸ§ΌπŸ’„πŸ’…: Drop your skincare routine
Popster to Popster 3,689

I'll be looking for tips on this one although I have rosacea so I need to be careful. I use a special dermatologist-prescribed face wash and make sure to always finish with cold water to close the pores

Anyone have a sunscreen that they particularly like?Β 

Pop-a-911-ster 38,800
3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

1) Completely did NOTΒ know they sell T.O at boots, I looked months ago in numerous stores hoping I’d be able to buy it more locally and I had no luck.

They might not carry many products in-store. You can do click and collect, if you cant hit the minimum for free delivery.

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,800
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

@BenGΒ OMG boots have the ordinary like Fr??Β :dead:Β you’reΒ a life saverΒ 

They also have The Inkey List. It's similar to The Ordinary.

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 20,703

I have really really dry and sensitive skin so I need to use very hydrating products

I usually cleanse my skin with aloe vera in the morning and then use Yves Rocher riche crΓ¨me as moisturizer. I try to use Lush’s moisturizing face masks once a week. In the evening, IΒ usually wash my face/take off my makeup with either Nivea’s rose water face wash gel or Nivea’s naturally good micellar face wash and then cleanse my skin with some micellar water to remove the extra make up +Β moisturize my face.

I just ordered myself an eye cream for dark circles and I can’t wait for it to arrive.

• paws up 2

Popstanne 5,076
5 hours ago, NYNJ Nights said:

I'll be looking for tips on this one although I have rosacea so I need to be careful. I use a special dermatologist-prescribed face wash and make sure to always finish with cold water to close the pores

Anyone have a sunscreen that they particularly like?Β 

I also have rosacea. For my face, my preferred sunscreen is Shiseido Senka Mineral Sunscreen. It leaves no white cast and is both moisturizing and cosmetically elegant. My previousΒ fave was Biore UV Watery Essence, but it was reformulated to be waterproof, and now it breaks me out. In short, Japanese sunscreens are the most cosmetically elegant. I look for ones that are PA ++++ and at least 50 SPF.Β 

Edited by Franch Toast
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,689
23 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

I also have rosacea. For my face, my preferred sunscreen is Shiseido Senka Mineral Sunscreen. It leaves no white cast and is both moisturizing and cosmetically elegant. My previousΒ fave was Biore UV Watery Essence, but it was reformulated to be waterproof, and now it breaks me out. In short, Japanese sunscreens are the most cosmetically elegant. I look for ones that are PA ++++ and at least 50 SPF.Β 

Thanks, I might have to try this since I prefer mineral sunscreens whenever possible but I haven't found one that I am completely in love with. I think the bestΒ success I've had is with Sun Bum's Mineral SPF 50 SunscreenΒ 

The Fame Popster 401

My skin care routine is basically just neutrogena oil-free face wash 3/week +Β the ordinary AHA 30% &Β BA 2% 1/week.

I have very dry skin andΒ I absolutely haaaaate the feeling of moisturizer (and spf andΒ foundation). I've tried like all of the cerave moisturizers, they're... fine, kind of pile-y under makeup. I thought I would love lano 101 ointmentΒ but it's... fine. I actually love plain old aquaphorΒ (I'm a chapstick addict) but I know it's a petroleum by product, comedogenic so I resist lathering myself in it. I really need a good gel-based moisturizer!

Edited by blue

Kindness Admin 6,892

Let me read through this and find a routine to adapt. I fear for my faceΒ :hey_there:

my skin is a mess and a half, i have a lot of acne and some medication i take for it causes my skinΒ to be incredibly dry no matter what. i wash my face twice a day with a foaming face wash and then use some weird moisturizer so my skin doesnt completely rip apart because of the dryness:dead:

• hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,800

My routine (I have combination and acne-prone skin):

• Cleansing
    • AM:Β Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
    • PM:Β AvΓ¨ne Cleanance Micellar Water +Β AvΓ¨ne Cleanance Cleansing Gel Cleanser
  • Exfoliating
    • PM: AvΓ¨ne Eau Thermale Cleanance Mask Scrub (1-2 times/week)
  • Hydrating
    • AvΓ¨ne Thermal Spring Water Spray
    • AvΓ¨ne Cleanance Mat Mattifying Toning Lotion
    • COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
    • Hyaluronic Acid
  • Treatment
    • AM: Niacinamide / Vitamin C
    • PM: 2% BHA (3-4Β times/week)Β / Renewing AHA Cream by DHC (1-2 times/week) / 0.5% Retinol (1-2 times/week)
  • Moisturizing
    • AM:Β AvΓ¨ne Cleanance Mat Mattifying Emulsion Moisturiser
    • PM:Β AvΓ¨ne TriacnΓ©al Night MoisturiserΒ 
    • When my skin feels too dry:Β AvΓ¨ne Cleanance Expert Moisturiser
  • Sunscreen
    • AvΓ¨ne Very High Protection Cleanance SPF50+ Sun Cream

I plan to try CeraVe and The Inkey List products after some of these run out.

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 319

My skin has always been terrible and I don’t know what to doΒ :dead:Β i’ve tried everything that I could afford but i’m broke so consistency is hard and my skin is sooo sensitive that products people swear by like Paula’s Choice just eff up my skin completely, chemical burns and dry scaly red patches even when using a tiny amount.

I’m so depressed and exhausted some nights i can’t even be bothered to wash my faceΒ :gaga-scream:

right now I am using a sensitive skin cleanser from Bioderma, Riversol anti aging serum, The Ordinary Mandelic acid, Thayer’s Rosewater Toner and a variety of moisturizers from Kiehl’s, Cerave and also a Garnier one I got discounted at a grocery store.

I’m pretty sure the Kiehl’s one is too heavy for me because I get so many white heads after I use it but my skin is sooo dry sometimes... (but also oily as hell simultaneously somehow)

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,800

@GagaSineΒ Have you tried just stripping back your routine to the basics?

After cleansing and toning, I would suggest hyaluronic acid (it's cheap from The Ordinary/The Inkey List), then moisturize with the CeraVe one. Mandelic acid at most twice a week.

Popster to Popster 3,889

Following this. I'm 28 and I don't have a skincare routine and I'm to the age where I direly need one. MyΒ face makes no sense to me. I'll go a year without a single pimple and then I'll have 2+Β months straight of huge painful pimples on my forehead and or chin, then I'll be back to nothing for months. I hate itΒ :bradley:

Thinking of just sticking with Cetaphil which I've used for years ffor a few months and if that works, still using that, but if not...maybe start going for some advanced formulas.Β 

Pop-a-911-ster 38,800
4 minutes ago, lavenderblondee said:

Following this. I'm 28 and I don't have a skincare routine and I'm to the age where I direly need one. MyΒ face makes no sense to me. I'll go a year without a single pimple and then I'll have 2+Β months straight of huge painful pimples on my forehead and or chin, then I'll be back to nothing for months. I hate itΒ :bradley:

Thinking of just sticking with Cetaphil which I've used for years ffor a few months and if that works, still using that, but if not...maybe start going for some advanced formulas.Β 

retinols and sunscreens!

• thanks 1

Popster This Way 564

okay let me get this straight I donΒ΄t do that much...

First wash face with water nothing more than once a week a coal skin mask this does wonders from garnier which cost like 10€ and I bought it at the beginning of the pandemic and I can still use it ...Then a watermalon hydration cream with UV protectionΒ  for like 18€ everyday (/but now its empty...) my moms agraΓΆl cause I can for lots of money (donΒ΄t know how much ) from alverde (organic cosmetic brand) then a night cream from my mother to stop aging with Q10 whatever from alverde or alnatura...