What Will Happen To Enigma In Vegas?

JJ Monster

The Fame Popster 371
1 hour ago, GitHub said:

I always wondered if it would be fun to go to Vegas on a whim just to see the spectacle, but I think you both just answered my question :icant:

There's a lot of things to do in Vegas

• thanks 2

Popstanne 5,076
1 hour ago, NotDoctor said:

I don't really drink, I don't gamble and I have a very low tolerance for people being a mess (what I'm trying to say is that I'm a lot of fun :billie:) so there wasn't a lot about Vegas for me 

1 hour ago, NYNJ Nights said:

Me and you the same :laughga: I visited when I was a teenager - I don’t know what my parents were originally thinking :mess: - but the experience did turn out better than expected with all of the attractions. I wold love to go back again now as an adult just to see Gaga

1 hour ago, GitHub said:

I always wondered if it would be fun to go to Vegas on a whim just to see the spectacle, but I think you both just answered my question :icant:

I’ve been to Vegas twice and didn’t gamble either time. I am also not into clubbing/partying/bars. The first time was for a job interview, so I guess it doesn’t really count for touristy things, but I really enjoyed myself the second trip when we went to see Gaga. There are a lot of good restaurants in Vegas, including off of the Strip (for example, there’s a great Chinatown). I also enjoyed seeing a variety of shows and just walking around and enjoying the spectacle. There are various exhibits that you can see for free, and it feels very festive. I also want to ride the giant Ferris wheel next time. 

We stayed in the Nomad when we went for Gaga, and it was cool to see so many of the Haus members just hanging out. That’s how I got to play with her dogs in the lobby. It was also really nice to be able to visit the Haus of Gaga and keep running into various Little Monsters around the Park MGM. 

Plus, my dog’s sister and her human family live in Vegas. It was awesome meeting them in person last time.

• paws up 3

The Fame Popster 371
9 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Realistically I hoped Gaga and MGM canceled her contract so she can just tour again. But yeah I’ll accept just 2022 being a revamped residency.

I hope her body has been resting do to all the tours over the years.

The Fame Popster 371
7 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

I’ve been to Vegas twice and didn’t gamble either time. I am also not into clubbing/partying/bars. The first time was for a job interview, so I guess it doesn’t really count for touristy things, but I really enjoyed myself the second trip when we went to see Gaga. There are a lot of good restaurants in Vegas, including off of the Strip (for example, there’s a great Chinatown). I also enjoyed seeing a variety of shows and just walking around and enjoying the spectacle. There are various exhibits that you can see for free, and it feels very festive. I also want to ride the giant Ferris wheel next time. 

We stayed in the Nomad when we went for Gaga, and it was cool to see so many of the Haus members just hanging out. That’s how I got to play with her dogs in the lobby. It was also really nice to be able to visit the Haus of Gaga and keep running into various Little Monsters around the Park MGM. 

Plus, my dog’s sister and her human family live in Vegas. It was awesome meeting them in person last time.

That is so cool you got to play with her dogs!!! Definitely the restaurants there is really good there on the strip!

Edited by JJ Monster
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,889
3 hours ago, JJ Monster said:

Have you been to Vegas before?

Never :bradley: It's been on my list for so long, this will finally give me a valid reason.

Edited by lavenderblondee
  • paws up 2

The Fame Popster 371
4 minutes ago, lavenderblondee said:

Never :bradley: It's been on my list for so long, this will finally give me a valid reason.

I really really can't wait for you to go because you're going to love it! Especially to see Gaga is perfect and there's so much to do there::-D:

The Fame Popster 401

She's probably off the hook if she agreed to x amount of shows over x amount of years and the window has passed. 

Here's what I said in Feb. which I still stand by: 

With concerts cancelled indefinitely, Just because it's easier for an artist to reschedule an exclusive residency versus a 50-venue tour doesn't mean they're especially obligated to fulfill their contract. I assume the contract was for 74 shows from 2018 - 2020 versus essentially "two years of shows, whenever and however we can get them."

Live Nation is trying to cash out their once-in-a-lifetime premium policy to cover their 2020/2021 losses. If they're successful and other concert promoters follow suit, we should assume artists are off the hook, their contracts will be renegotiated (if not null/void) and they might even receive a pay out for losses. 

Following this logic, if MGM locked in a number of shows (lets say 74) over a specific period of time (lets say 2018 - 2020) where she was all theirs and that time has passed, I'd be very surprised if she was stuck doing those shows while everyone else cancelled their shows, y'know? She'll likely still want a residency but I just don't think MGM will receive an automatic, indefinite extension. Because she has a chronic illness and juggles three wildly different careers, her lawyers were probably meticulous about the language surrounding postponed/cancelled shows as not to drag out her commitment. 

That said, I also think once shows are allowed again, she'll be in a good position playing one location with one crew and relatively smaller crowds. If I were a musician who couldn't wait to get back on the road, I would be planning a residency at my fav local venue not a 300-crew, 20-truck, 50 date stadium tour. MGM is a happy medium.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,392
8 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

Really? I loved Vegas and am looking for all sorts of excuses to return. :laughga:

Same! Vegas is one of my favorite places and my first time there was when I was 15 and still had a great time. I can’t wait for the new dates to be announced.

• yaas, gaga 2

The Fame Popster 371
14 hours ago, blue said:

She's probably off the hook if she agreed to x amount of shows over x amount of years and the window has passed. 

Here's what I said in Feb. which I still stand by: 

With concerts cancelled indefinitely, Just because it's easier for an artist to reschedule an exclusive residency versus a 50-venue tour doesn't mean they're especially obligated to fulfill their contract. I assume the contract was for 74 shows from 2018 - 2020 versus essentially "two years of shows, whenever and however we can get them."

Live Nation is trying to cash out their once-in-a-lifetime premium policy to cover their 2020/2021 losses. If they're successful and other concert promoters follow suit, we should assume artists are off the hook, their contracts will be renegotiated (if not null/void) and they might even receive a pay out for losses. 

Following this logic, if MGM locked in a number of shows (lets say 74) over a specific period of time (lets say 2018 - 2020) where she was all theirs and that time has passed, I'd be very surprised if she was stuck doing those shows while everyone else cancelled their shows, y'know? She'll likely still want a residency but I just don't think MGM will receive an automatic, indefinite extension. Because she has a chronic illness and juggles three wildly different careers, her lawyers were probably meticulous about the language surrounding postponed/cancelled shows as not to drag out her commitment. 

That said, I also think once shows are allowed again, she'll be in a good position playing one location with one crew and relatively smaller crowds. If I were a musician who couldn't wait to get back on the road, I would be planning a residency at my fav local venue not a 300-crew, 20-truck, 50 date stadium tour. MGM is a happy medium.

Thank you so much for sharing! This was very interesting! It makes sense

The Fame Popster 371
13 hours ago, Paradise is in my hands said:

Same! Vegas is one of my favorite places and my first time there was when I was 15 and still had a great time. I can’t wait for the new dates to be announced.

How cool! I was 15 too for my first time!

• yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 371
5 hours ago, Thrasher said:

I can see it coming back for New Year's Eve with its usual 3 shows. 

Then new legs in 2022 (hopefully the show will be revamped). 

I hope so too because that would be cool!

The Popster 46
On 4/6/2021 at 1:06 PM, Franch Toast said:

Really? I loved Vegas and am looking for all sorts of excuses to return. :laughga:

I want to go too. We should go together. I can bootleg the whole thing!

• lol 1

The Fame Popster 371
5 hours ago, Pikachoo said:

If God willing everything opens back up in 2022, I will be there! I can't believe I've never seen her live

I hope everything opens up in 2022 too and I can't wait for you to see her live! And did you happen to had Chromatica Ball tickets?

The Fame Popster 371
3 hours ago, Valorious said:

I want to go too. We should go together. I can bootleg the whole thing!

I've been to Vegas a lot and there's a lot of things you can't get away with in Vegas these days