The Fame Popster 276

buffy-the-vampire-slayer.jpg?resize=640,370

Favorite Seasons:

Seasons 3 & 5

tumblr_pjizu3AJEJ1qjvx7uo3_250.gifv

buffy_glory_shoe_stuck_gif.gif?w=650&h=368

Favorite episodes from each season:

1. Prophecy Girl

MV5BODE1ZWNlYWItOTI2YS00ZGFlLWJlMzctMWE2YTAwYTJlZDU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTY3NTQ4NzY@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1442,1000_AL_.jpg

2. Innocence

3350342-2x13sur2465%5B1%5D.jpg?format=1500w

3. Graduation Day Part 1

buffy-faith-graduation-day-eliza-dushku-sarah-michelle-gellar.jpg

4. Hush (obvi)

buffy-the-vampire-slayer-2000.jpg

5. The Body & The Gift

BUFFY-THE-VAMPIRE-SLAYER-the-body-feature.jpg

6. Once More with Feeling & Villains 

MV5BZjlhYTQ0MmMtNjk4Zi00Zjg3LTljMmMtYTZiMmU5MWExMWY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjAwNDk0MDA@._V1_.jpg

7. Showtime & Chosen

Season-7-Episode-22.jpg?w=620&h=360&crop=1

Hottest Couples: 

1ea3eeab55383804da97cb4df552e533.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=17690656

Best Villains:

The Villains of Season 7: The First Evil, Caleb, and the Turok-Han (Ubervamps).

Buffy-The-First.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=370&dpr=1.5

CalebWalks.gif

tumblr_mdu8jb7agZ1ro29z4o1_r1_400.gifv

Honorable Mention:

Dark Willow

UNfUI0L.gif

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 656

I used to think Seasons 3 and 6 were my favorite seasons, but on my most recent rewatch, it's Season 5 for me, and only Season 5.

I was also shocked at how late into Season 2 we get Angelus. I thought it was closer to halfway, but it felt like there were only six or so episodes left once he turned.

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 656
1 minute ago, raragaga said:

What are everyone's opinions on a BTVS reboot?

I was looking forward to the universe coming back with the new age, POC slayer as long as it didn't try to rewrite the original series. But that reboot has been replaced, with the slayer lineage and Buffy-backstory scrapped. Now the show is called "Slay," and the slayer gets her powers from her family's bloodline. Still protecting her town from "the forces of darkness," though lol

The Fame Popster 276
1 minute ago, Timmers said:

I was looking forward to the universe coming back with the new age, POC slayer as long as it didn't try to rewrite the original series. But that reboot has been replaced, with the slayer lineage and Buffy-backstory scrapped. Now the show is called "Slay," and the slayer gets her powers from her family's bloodline. Still protecting her town from "the forces of darkness," though lol

wait, no way?! giphy.gif

The Fame Popster 276
4 minutes ago, Timmers said:

Yep. Unfortunately. They're hoping it'll be "the next Buffy" instead of a reboot of the actual Buffy.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/slay-supernatural-drama-series-regina-king-executive-produce-at-the-cw-1234596259/

hmm. interesting.. idk, I feel like I would still be skeptical about an actual Buffy reboot. Aside from not having the original cast.. Idk how I'd feel about how contemporary technology would effect the storyline

• paws up 1

2 hours ago, raragaga said:

What are everyone's opinions on a BTVS reboot?

I don't want a hard reboot. It's disrespectful to the original and almost always never bridges the gap between old fans and potential new fans. I would like them to revisit the franchise with a sequel or a spinoff. This means new characters but respecting established lore and characters. They ended Buffy with dozens of new slayers. Angel showed that there are other champions and warriors outside slayers. Utilize those and give us a new story.

2 hours ago, Timmers said:

2 hours ago, raragaga said:

hmm. interesting.. idk, I feel like I would still be skeptical about an actual Buffy reboot. Aside from not having the original cast.. Idk how I'd feel about how contemporary technology would effect the storyline

I don't think this has anything to do with the actual Buffy reboot. They're very similar. But they will probably compete with each other. Who knows, the Buffy reboot seems to be stuck in limbo and it might forever remain in purgatory if Slay happens first. The pitch is extremely similar as I have posted in page 1

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 656
7 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

I don't want a hard reboot. It's disrespectful to the original and almost always never bridges the gap between old fans and potential new fans. I would like them to revisit the franchise with a sequel or a spinoff. This means new characters but respecting established lore and characters. They ended Buffy with dozens of new slayers. Angel showed that there are other champions and warriors outside slayers. Utilize those and give us a new story.

I don't think this has anything to do with the actual Buffy reboot. They're very similar. But they will probably compete with each other. Who knows, the Buffy reboot seems to be stuck in limbo and it might forever remain in purgatory if Slay happens first. The pitch is extremely similar as I have posted in page 1

I think it's too similar not to be the original spin-off concept. Calling it Slay? "Forces of darkness" in the press release?

This is the new version of that spin-off / reboot. I guarantee it. They probably thought it would do better without building on a classic universe that most CW viewers aren't familiar with.

1 minute ago, Timmers said:

I think it's too similar not to be the original spin-off concept. Calling it Slay? "Forces of darkness" in the press release?

This is the new version of that spin-off / reboot. I guarantee it. They probably thought it would do better without building on a classic universe that most CW viewers aren't familiar with.

The Buffy reboot pitch was from a different writer. And Buffy is the property of Fox, now under Disney. The CW is owned partly by the WB. Disney and the WB are major competing studios. It is unlikely that Slay is suddenly the reboot especially without word from Monica Owusu Breen and Whedon.

Popster This Way 656
14 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

The Buffy reboot pitch was from a different writer. And Buffy is the property of Fox, now under Disney. The CW is owned partly by the WB. Disney and the WB are major competing studios. It is unlikely that Slay is suddenly the reboot especially without word from Monica Owusu Breen and Whedon.

I don't think it's going to reboot Buffy. But I mean, if they scrapped the reboot since we've not heard about it in two years, couldn't the concept (without being part of the Whedonverse) have been reworked by Regina King for TheCW?

Just now, Timmers said:

I don't think it's going to reboot Buffy. But I mean, if they scrapped the reboot since we've not heard about it in two years, couldn't the concept (without being part of the Whedonverse) have been reworked by Regina King for TheCW?

That is definitely possible. I thought you meant they made this the actual reboot.

buffy the vampire slayer GIF

• thanks 1

Popster This Way 821
On 10/16/2020 at 4:33 PM, Timmers said:

I used to think Seasons 3 and 6 were my favorite seasons, but on my most recent rewatch, it's Season 5 for me, and only Season 5.

I was also shocked at how late into Season 2 we get Angelus. I thought it was closer to halfway, but it felt like there were only six or so episodes left once he turned.

Season 5 is hands down my favorite season. 

Dawn was a great, and clever addition. Glory was the best villain. Buffy's death was beautiful and meaningful. 

I even liked the arc with Riley leaving. 

Season 5 was the perfect elevation to adulthood while still being Buffy. 

• paws up 2

Kindness Admin 6,892

Ok fave seasons now, ha:

1. Season 3
  2. Season 5
  3. Season 2
  4. Season 4
  5. Season 7
  6. Season 1
  7. Season 6 (I love a lot of things in the season, but overall, it is a MESS).
  • paws up 1

Popster This Way 656

I wish I'd been making this list during my rewatch, but I think I'd rate them.

1. Season 5
  2. Season 6
  3. Season 3
  4. Season 7
  5. Season 2
  6. Season 1
  7. Season 4

Season 4 really annoyed me this time around.

I'm rewatching Angel with a friend in coming months. It's been so long since I've seen it from start to finish that I'm not even gonna attempt to rate them right now. 

Edited by Timmers

Popster This Way 821
Just now, Timmers said:

I wish I'd been making this list during my rewatch, but I think I'd rate them.

1. Season 5
  2. Season 6
  3. Season 3
  4. Season 7
  5. Season 2
  6. Season 1
  7. Season 4

Season 4 really annoyed me this time around.

What about Angel?

(I'll never understand the love for Season 7 of Buffy lol)

Popster This Way 656
Just now, Doot said:

What about Angel?

(I'll never understand the love for Season 7 of Buffy lol)

I'm rewatching Angel with a friend in coming months. It's been so long since I've seen it from start to finish that I'm not even gonna attempt to rate them right now. I remember having issues with every season. Season 2 and 3 stick out as possibly my favorites though.

• paws up 1

• Doot changed the title to The Buffy and Angel Fanclub