What artist would you quarantine w/ for 2 weeks?

Franch Toast

Popstanne 5,076

I saw this on the Reddit r/popheads sub and thought that it was an interesting question:  You have to quarantine with your favorite artist for 2 weeks on one condition. You can only listen to and talk about one album of theirs during that entire period... Who would you pick and what album of theirs would you listen to/discuss? Why? 

Since this is a Gaga forum, feel free to answer which album you'd pick if you were to quarantine with Gaga, and then also name another artist/album if you so desire. 

Edited by Franch Toast
  • paws up 4

Popster to Popster 3,752

hello fellow /r/popheads user :ally:

I would discuss ARTPOP with Gaga and then once she kicks me out for bringing up the unmentionable, I would take a jaunt over the pond to discuss /\/\/\Y/\ with M.I.A. Then when I realize she has been paying no heed to COVID-19 precautions, I would leave to go quarantine with Sleigh Bells to discuss Treats because they seem like cool & reasonable people.

• lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 2,450

Alison Wonderland and her album Run. Personality-wise she seems like she’d be super fun to spend two weeks with, and as for the album, her other one’s too bass-heavy and I don’t think I could handle it for two weeks :rip: but really Run is a great album and came from a really dark time that she’s only ever been vague about in interviews so it would be interesting to hear the stories

• love 1

The Fame Popster 428

With Gaga I'd selfishly pick ARTPOP. That's where the best gossip & stories are I think, sorry Gagz!

Otherwise I'd quarantine with Jenny Lewis and we'd listen to More Adventurous, because I love her and think she'd be very chill to hang out with for two weeks, and I love that album so much 

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Popstanne 5,076
7 minutes ago, GitHub said:

@Franch Toast what about you?

For Gaga, I'd pick the ASIB soundtrack so I could have some variety in terms of genre and vocalists, and I'd get all the dirt about whether she and Bradley actually hooked up, and any stories related to the filming of the movie. :ally:

For another artist, I'm going to pick Tony Kanal of No Doubt/Dreamcar because I think he's sexy and seems like a very pleasant and thoughtful person to be around (we're just going to pretend his wife doesn't exist in this scenario :icant:), and he seems pretty quiet and soft-spoken, so he wouldn't annoy me. I'd pick Tragic Kingdom as the album and find out all the lowdown about what really happened between him & Gwen and who "Spiderwebs" was written about. 

In both cases, I'd use the gossip I learned to write best-selling books & get rich. :oscar:

• lol 2

Popster to Popster 3,689
1 minute ago, blankpaper said:

Oooh or Gwen and This Is What The Truth Feels Like to get all the dirt on what a sh*thead Gavin was :icant:

I'm surprised you didn't pick Taylor Swift....

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 2,450
Just now, NYNJ Nights said:

I'm surprised you didn't pick Taylor Swift....

I mean Taylor isn’t exactly vague, I don’t feel like I’m missing out on too many stories haha

• lol 3

Popster to Popster 3,689

I would definitely pick Gaga first ofc and I would choose to talk about Chromatica to make up for the relative silence of this era. I would love to hear more about her relationship with Ari, a song-by-song interpretation, and what Alice would sound like if it had a formal bridge :billie:

If not Gaga, I would pick Miley, mostly because I think she would be cool and fun to hang out with rather than the music. But if I had to pick, I would probably go with her most recent as well. I feel like she would have a lot to say about the collabs and her relationship with Liam, and life in late 20s

Edited by NYNJ Nights
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popstanne 5,076
1 hour ago, blankpaper said:

Oooh or Gwen and This Is What The Truth Feels Like to get all the dirt on what a sh*thead Gavin was :icant:

Don’t forget the other half of that album is about Blakey...be prepared for some mushy stories that make you puke. But at least you’d get rich writing your juicy tell-all about Gavin Rossdale, the nanny, and his love-child, among his other scandals. :icant:

Community Leader 1,294

@ProjectJoanne cause he would make me some good milk shake haha (though he will bug me to scour the internet for those portland videos :billie:)

Gaga album would be Born This Way. I can literally play that in loop everyday lol

• lol 3

Popster to Popster 4,583

For Ga probably Born This Way, I'm sure there's a lot of fun stories about that album 

For another artist either Florence Welch and talk about How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful or KT Tunstall and talk about Tiger Suit cuz that album is sick and it gets paid dust

• love 1

RIP Angel 1,992

Gaga. She seems like such a very cozy person to hang out with. If not her, Aurora. I feel like we have the same weird personality lol.

For Gaga, Born This Way.

For Aurora, Infections of a Different Kind

Edited by Battle For Your Life
  • love 1

Popstanne 5,076
Just now, Battle For Your Life said:

Gaga. She seems like such a very cozy person to hang out with. If not her, Aurora. I feel like we have the same weird personality lol.

1 hour ago, Dirkje said:

Gaga or Dua <3 

But which albums?

ARTPOPster 2,173
1 hour ago, kaelergrey said:

@ProjectJoanne cause he would make me some good milk shake haha (though he will bug me to scour the internet for those portland videos :billie:)

Gaga album would be Born This Way. I can literally play that in loop everyday lol

Omg not you saying this while I have COVID :billie:

Spoiler

WHERE ARE THE VIDEOS??????

B4-BE417-E-A94-A-49-C0-BDAC-684-EE203376

• lol 2