U.S. unlikely to reach herd immunity, experts say

ARTPOPster 1,703
Posted (edited)

There’s people in my family that absolutely refuse to get the vaccine and it’s really dumb :/

They’re just scared of long term effects though which is understandable I guess :eyega:

Edited by ProjectJoanne
Popster to Popster 2,800

This sh!t is so infuriating, glad to see American stupidity is gonna help lead to COVID-19 being endemic. Great f-ing job

ARTPOPster 1,744

I really want places to start requiring proof of vaccination for entry (not just events which has been talked about, but restaurants, gyms, etc). Push the antivaxxers out of society already

• dope 1
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
ARTPOPster 1,017
45 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

I really want places to start requiring proof of vaccination for entry (not just events which has been talked about, but restaurants, gyms, etc). Push the antivaxxers out of society already

I think if enough corporations require them for entry then more people will get vaccinated. It’s sad if it comes to that but what else can you do? 

• dope 1
Kindness Admin 5,412
1 hour ago, ProjectJoanne said:

There’s people in my family that absolutely refuse to get the vaccine and it’s really dumb :/

They’re just scared of long term effects though which is understandable I guess :eyega:

It is sorta fair, but not when you look at compared to the long-term effects of Covid which we KNOW are dangerous and unknown. The science for the vaccines has a super rich history in its favor and hundreds of millions of people presently using it. It just doesn't make sense in the end.

• thanks 2
A Popster Is Born 11,392

I hope young people in the UK take up the vaccine. Hesitancy seems to be decreasing though. Fingers crossed.

• more than 9 in 10 (94%) adults reported positive sentiment towards the vaccine, while 6% of adults reported vaccine hesitancy
  • around 1 in 8 (12%) adults aged 16 to 29 years reported vaccine hesitancy

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/healthandwellbeing/bulletins/coronavirusandvaccinehesitancygreatbritain/17februaryto14march2021

• dope 2
  • yaas, gaga 1