Gaga’s segment on “The Me You Can’t See”

Modern Ecstasy2

Community Leader 454

For those who have AppleTV, the first episode of “The Me You Can’t See”, which features Gaga’s segment, is up.

Her piece is about ten minutes. It’s very, very, very intense. Content warnings for rape, self harm, suicidal thoughts, mental health/illness.

• paws up 1
  • shook 1

Popstanne 5,076

Turns out I do have a free trial to AppleTV, so I watched it. Even though people suspected some of it, I found it shocking and very hard to watch.  I just want to give her the biggest hug in the world. 

(And whoever that producer is, may he rot in hell.)

Edited by Franch Toast
  • hugs 1
  • sad 1
  • thanks 1
  • love 2

The Fame Popster 401

I really thought she'd take some of the things she shared to the grave (but still make tons of art about it, as you do)

The power imbalance in the music industry is so unfathomable. 

Edited by blue
  • love 1

The MTN video really hits different now, I kind of knew it all along. 

Poor darling, her life in the music industry has been a trainwreck since the beginning even if she was successful and looked happy in the public eye. I feel bad for her to carry such a sad burden but how to blame her when she says that she doesn't want to face or talk about the assaulter... I just want to hug her, ugh.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,889

She all but said it in the MTN video and that's heartbreaking that she did all she could to tell the gp, without telling the gp. She's a true artist.

I am so proud of Gaga for being strong enough to know she never wants to name her abuser. She was so passionate about that and each person has their own battles, it is not up to her to bring justice to the abuser. It is not the woman's/victims responsibility to do this. I hope justice prevails eventually, though.

I have watched this woman before my eyes for the last 12 years and it's moments like this that make me realize why. She's so much stronger than anyone gives her credit for and it's why I try my hardest to not cast judgement on why she doesn't do certain things. It's normal to get upset and angry but when you see that this side of her runs rampant sometimes, how can you blame her? She's a human being and she's been through it. I'm so happy she made it out, and continues to, on the other side.

On a side happier note: Her new york accent is the strongest I think we've ever heard in this. I love it. :flutter:

• paws up 1
  • love 5

Deactivated 14,311
14 minutes ago, lavenderblondee said:

She all but said it in the MTN video and that's heartbreaking that she did all she could to tell the gp, without telling the gp. She's a true artist.

I am so proud of Gaga for being strong enough to know she never wants to name her abuser. She was so passionate about that and each person has their own battles, it is not up to her to bring justice to the abuser. It is not the woman's/victims responsibility to do this. I hope justice prevails eventually, though.

I have watched this woman before my eyes for the last 12 years and it's moments like this that make me realize why. She's so much stronger than anyone gives her credit for and it's why I try my hardest to not cast judgement on why she doesn't do certain things. It's normal to get upset and angry but when you see that this side of her runs rampant sometimes, how can you blame her? She's a human being and she's been through it. I'm so happy she made it out, and continues to, on the other side.

On a side happier note: Her new york accent is the strongest I think we've ever heard in this. I love it. :flutter:

You have taken the words right out of my mouth. I just finished watching! And whew it was hard!

• love 1

Popster to Popster 4,583

That was stomach churning to listen to, I don't know that I even have the words to react to it.

I'm just so thankful she's so open about her mental health and encouraging other people to get help

• hugs 1
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 3,689
3 hours ago, lavenderblondee said:

Yes living for the accent! And the part about the hot sauce was cute too 

But in all seriousness, thanks for saying that. I was not expecting her to go there, but at the same time she has been gradually building up to this moment ever since the MTN video. You can really piece together her healing journey now, and I’m glad she has the courage to share it because she’ll continue to save lives. There was a sound bite at the end of the episode where she makes it clear she is not doing this for self-pity but to help others. It’s like we are reliving the BTW era. New message but same impact and caring Gaga/Stefani :love:

• love 3

Moderator 4,653

OMG I have no words! I just watched it and no words at all.

I stan her since The Fame and just now everything makes sense. Now I understands why she cries so much in public, several songs, etc. It just makes sense. 

I hope that producer will get what he deserves!

ARTPOPster 1,407

Just watched and that was shocking to hear her describe how that rape happened.  

It’s also weird to think that as time passes and every time she talks about her experiences with mental health I think as fans we view that in the past tense and don’t think of what she could be going through in the present time. For example, we had no idea what she was going through during the Oscar campaign or making of Chromatica till eventually time passes and the truth comes out.