Red (Taylor’s Version) out Nov 19

blankpaper

I'm not sure how I feel about this whole Taylor's version rollout. Not being a fan, I'm tired of constantly hearing about her and her making it a big deal that she's essentially releasing covers of her music and some outtakes. Also she's saying people will hear the 30 songs meant to be on Red, but it lacks authenticity because they were changed in order to fit Taylor's version and they're not as accurate to the era before. 

On the other hand I feel like I'd die if an artist I was a fan of did the same thing and tried to get everyone hyped. Yet at the same time I think I might feel like they'd be doing too much and I wish they'd just drop it all at once. But then again you can't say for certain cause I haven't experienced it. 

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,319
1 hour ago, justhislife said:

Not being a fan, I'm tired of constantly hearing about her and her making it a big deal that she's essentially releasing covers of her music and some outtakes.

Tbh this, also what is this anachronistic order she’s releasing them in? I think it’s really gonna tire people out since it seems obvious she’s doing them out of order to keep people on their toes and interested. There’s just too many schticks to sell something that doesn’t need to be sold that hard 

ARTPOPster 1,388
4 hours ago, justhislife said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this whole Taylor's version rollout. Not being a fan, I'm tired of constantly hearing about her and her making it a big deal that she's essentially releasing covers of her music and some outtakes. Also she's saying people will hear the 30 songs meant to be on Red, but it lacks authenticity because they were changed in order to fit Taylor's version and they're not as accurate to the era before. 

On the other hand I feel like I'd die if an artist I was a fan of did the same thing and tried to get everyone hyped. Yet at the same time I think I might feel like they'd be doing too much and I wish they'd just drop it all at once. But then again you can't say for certain cause I haven't experienced it. 

It boggles my mind how people can get so excited about any of these rereleases. I don’t get it at all.

Moderator 6,288
1 minute ago, Paradise is in my hands said:

It boggles my mind how people can get so excited about any of these rereleases. I don’t get it at all.

While I get why she’s doing this I can’t say that I’d be excited if Gaga decided to re-record and release her albums (and charging for it). However, you have to admit that if she was rereleasing them with 15+ songs we’ve never heard before it’d be pretty exciting so I guess I can understand why her fans are excited. 

6 hours ago, blastertoyo said:

Tbh this, also what is this anachronistic order she’s releasing them in? I think it’s really gonna tire people out since it seems obvious she’s doing them out of order to keep people on their toes and interested. There’s just too many schticks to sell something that doesn’t need to be sold that hard 

My best guess is she's going by the popularity of the albums. Either ones that sold best upon release or ones that still get the most streams. Or whichever was giving the largest cut to Scooter, in order to stop his bag. 

ARTPOPster 1,319
12 minutes ago, justhislife said:

My best guess is she's going by the popularity of the albums. Either ones that sold best upon release or ones that still get the most streams. Or whichever was giving the largest cut to Scooter, in order to stop his bag. 

As if releasing them all at once months ago wouldn’t have stopped all his bag at once

Quickly 

:eyega:

Edited by blastertoyo
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,388
4 hours ago, Delusional said:

It’s like Gaga rereleasing ARTPOP with the act 2 songs lmao + they get new production  and new secrets and details about the record + new merch etc.

Yeah I can’t care any less about Artpop act 2. 😂 But yeah there’s plenty of fans that do and would be excited about it.

The Fame Popster 401

I'll be amazed if she releases all 6 albums w/o boring the GP to death 

Tired Britney Spears GIF

still holding a candle for a box set ala...

spacer.png