Halsey -IICHLIWP OUT NOW

Andreu

Gaming Leader 8,440

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm f-ing SHOOOO-ETH this looks so good wtf. :gaga-scream: I adore the whole esthetics, very medieval love story gone wrong, very the queens revenge ugh I'm soaked.

• paws up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Pop-a-911-ster 27,901

I just finished my first listen on the album and here are my thoughts, I would prefer if people read it after listening themselve, but at the end of they it's on you:

Spoiler

I know we shouldn't be so quick to judge an album, so I want to insist this isn't a review but more of a first impressions:

Spoiler

Overall I liked it, but I need to say I am not too impressed by the album. I'm sure I'll enjoy it more in the morning, but that's how it was for me. None of the tracks really stuck out for me, except maybe the last one

I've seen many people praise the production, but I didn't think it was nothing special. It was pretty tame (as in pop) compared to what I expected, which is a good thing in my opinion. On the other hand, I was surprised at the diversity of the songs, even though they were all made with the same team.

I was afraid I wouldn't enjoy it because it would be too screamy and loud rock and it was not the case at all. Most of the songs left me with the feeling they kind of go nowhere.

TLDR: Definitely a solid album and one of the best english pop records of 2021 but also definitely far from her best works.

Spoiler

Also wanted to say I didn't watch the movie (not cus I didn't want to) so this might change how I perceived the songs as opposed to people who saw it. I got the feeling the album is a complement to the movie and not the other way round.

• Andreu changed the title to Halsey -IICHLIWP OUT NOW
Pop-a-911-ster 27,901

I'm enojiyng it more and more as I keep on playing it but tbh I still think it lacks a banger that makes you wanna come back to, if this wasn't a release by one of my faves I don't know if I would have bother to go back and forth to find the charm of each song