Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SweetOreosOfHeaven

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 32,562
On 9/7/2021 at 9:01 AM, DonnieDarko said:

I’m honestly surprised how well it’s doing. He’s a black gay man that is a rapper. Amazing.

I’m rooting for him so hard! And I love the features on the album! Something tells me he could have a handful of hits on his hand with songs with Doja and Megan! Montero and Industry Baby are already smashes!

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,846
On 9/7/2021 at 1:28 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Yeah, but not at the price of forcing fans to think that only HAC Gaga can have hits. She doesnt have longevity with edm, with what she did on Joanne etc. ASIB moved people and made them stay bc the music, as usual, was great but the movie will always be the main reason they go back to the music. 

Baby im not forcing anything, you ain't that sensitive you just like to be a contrarian  :nickiha:

Pop isn't a level playing field for women, there's ageism, sexism, new competition. I cant see dua putting out songs like DSN/BMH and still slaying with it, 13 years in its just how it is. Even the industry herself (taylor) said this!

The fact is: She can still get hits, and she adapted. it might not be the same as in 09-11 and recreate those feelings in fans, but she could've ended up like katy/kesha the former who can only do one pop genre and she's N/A :katy:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 8

A Popster Is Born 11,846
On 9/7/2021 at 2:31 PM, DonnieDarko said:

The way you know me too well.

:giveup:

excited whitney port GIF by The Hills

But, don't get me wrong:
im still glad we get albums like DoC and Chromatica and she can do these projects that we all like, i dont think she will ever stop doing them she will always have her base and her roots in pop it'll never truly be abandoned IMHO :prideheart:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • love 1

• little legend changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards
  • corvus albus locked this topic