One Year of POPa911!!!

admin

Kindness Admin 6,892

Hi Popsters, happy one year :prideheart:

I want to say THANK YOU to everyone for being part of this community. We've been live for a YEAR now, which is truly wild. This whole thing started, as many of you know, as really basic forum for some charts people to interact. It grew and expanded a few times and now we're still around 12 months later. The memes, games, debates and even drama have been really special and I am so grateful we've been able to have them. Absolutely massive shoutout to our team members, in particular our mods who have kept this site functioning and growing ( @SLAG,@Dirkje, @Bakugo, @Sir.Sim, and @joesuda). You are the best.

One year is a BIG DEAL, so congrats to ALL of us, both new and old. :kiss:

Please share some of your favorite moments of the past year below!

Stats from year one

• 3,149 topics have been created
  • 242,408 posts have been made
  • 1,873 personal messages (I haven't read a single one)
  • 402,478 reactions given
  • 711 members
  • 44,017 unique visitors
  • 2,506,635 page views
  • 15:40 minutes avg visit length
  • 428,000 views via Google Search
  • 26,700 clicks from Google Search 

Top 5 reactions

1. like/dope/etc 32.9%
  2. lol 31.1%
  3. yaas, Gaga 19.1%
  4. thanks 4.5%
  5. shook 3.5%

Favorite Gaga Albums

1. Born This Way 26.34%
  2. ARTPOP 18.54%
  3. The Fame Monster 16.10%
  4. Chromatica 12.68%
  5. Joanne 5.85%
  6. The Fame 4.88% 
  7. A Star Is Born 0.49%
  8. N/A :( 15.12%

Top 5 Countries (for all visitors)

1. United States 28.81%
  2. Brazil 9.68%
  3. United Kingdom 5.25%
  4. Canada 3.97%
  5. France 3.93%

Most farming reputation points

1. @Delusional 24,556
  2. @Fame Romance 21,404
  3. @Established Legend 15,790
  4. @BenG 15,050
  5. @Bakugo 13,368
  6. @Twitter 13,046
  7. @Sir.Sim 11,966
  8. @Miaou 11,841
  9. @Andreu 11,712
  10. @donatellab 11,072

New name?

• POPa911 forever 56.3%
  • Something Gaga-y 25%
  • Something else 18.8%

The future

Personal time: this spring I had a very serious and unexpected loss in my immediate family. It has been the worst experience of my life. I took a long break from the site (and all aspects of my life) and have only partially started to return more to normal. I'm sure you all have noticed that. I'm not sorry for this, but I do recognize that the site has been in a decline over the last 6 months. I'm so grateful to everyone on the team and all the popsters who have kept it going and continued to create topics, engage and amp up our social media accounts.

Moving forward, I think we have a lot of potential to grow. It's going to be a slow process and it's going to take everyone here to help make it happen. I'm going to outline where I see us going over the next several months, please let me know your thoughts. I'm excited to start to more seriously get back to the site and start building up.

This week:

• Later today: our new reactions shall launch are live! There are a few more which will be added in the coming weeks, but these were handmade for us by the incredible artist @MilkywayArtcheck out their instagram and give them a follow.
  • Later today: the emojis that won a contest back in spring shall launch are live :oprah:. Maybe even @Delusional's bird, who knows. I'd like to have another contest focused on the holidays entering into October.
  • End of the week (aka next weekend): Site redesign. This is going to be a multi-factored process, but the homepage is getting an entirely new refresh and approach and we're slowly going to start broadening the site to be more inclusive of other pop stars. This will be a slow process.
  • Later this week: With the redesign we're going to start sending out newsletters to members that have signed up for them. The first will be a come back and celebrate the anniversary with us and the new design. Also will be running some ads and social media to go along with it.

This fall/winter:

• Refactored team. Right now we have our mods, community leaders and gaming leaders. Moving forward we will have mods and other groups which have certain focuses. Those will include games, social media users and editors.
  • As demanded by our poll a few weeks ago, a fully refreshed gaming section on the site along with a way to recognize top finishes in our top games.
  • We will start publishing official articles. This will largely be Gaga news, major pop star news and (I'd like) weekly chart updates. I'll have more info about that in a bit. I want to make sure we have a group who are able to write timely news with excellent grammar, some wit and charm. Expanding into reviews and other editorial pieces also makes sense.

There's more than this, of course, but this is the big stuff. I love you all so much. Thank you for an amazing year and I really can't wait to see where we go in year two. 

xoxo,
Admin

• paws up 2
  • hugs 3
  • yaas, gaga 6
  • love 18

• admin changed the title to One Year of POPa911!!!
Pop-a-911-ster 26,698

Bravo @admin

You are absolutely amazing and your talent is out of the world like really. I’m so proud of you. 

Cat Crying GIF

Thank you for creating this community with your creativity and your time and I really can’t wait to see the new projects !

Love you 

xoxo

La Chatte ( Miaou 💋)

cute cat love GIF

• love 1

Moderator 3,690

Sending lots of love to you, Admin, I know how losing people close to you can make the world seem bleak, but tomorrow is hopefully always better. Thank you for everything you have done!

• love 1

Popster to Popster 3,792

:prideheart::yasss:

Popa911 >>>>> 

This forum is AWESOME 

• love 1

Thank you @admin for your hard and excellent work. There was a time when we weren't sure if the beta Popa911 was going to sruvive and look at us now :giveup:

1 year established whew. Thank you for giving me an emoji :dean_scream:

Sorry for your loss :hugging:

Looking forward to our next eras

dean winchester GIF

• love 1

Popstanne 5,076

Thank you for your hard work@admin and the rest of the team. I'm also looking forward to seeing where this forum heads, and wishing it lots of success! :bunny:

And virtual hugs to you for your loss. I know first-hand how you feel. :hugging:

Edited by Franch Toast
  • love 1

On 9/18/2021 at 12:48 PM, admin said:

Stats from year one

• 3,149 topics have been created
  • 242,408 posts have been made
  • 1,873 personal messages (I haven't read a single one)
  • 402,478 reactions given
  • 711 members
  • 44,017 unique visitors
  • 2,506,635 page views
  • 15:40 minutes avg visit length
  • 428,000 views via Google Search
  • 26,700 clicks from Google Search 

That is so impressive 

Pokemon Love GIF by Pokémon

• yaas, gaga 1

I'm so sorry for what you went through and I give you my condolences and my paws is up for you! And I want to say thank you so much @admin for creating such an amazing site and I found a lot joy of being on here! And so so exciting for your future plans on this site! Happy 1st Anniversary!Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

• hugs 1
  • yaas, gaga 1