Happy ARTPOPversary

Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 27,884

Lady Gaga's fourth major release ARTPOP turns 8 today!  What are your favourite memories for the era? Do you still listen to this album in a regular basis? Which were your favourite looks? Discuss

Make sure to give it a stream to celebrate!

Spoiler

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 6
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,609

Favourite moment was when she released the ARTPOP film aka one of her best videos

Too bad the quality of the songs is tragic

Favourite look was when she used a pic with forest moss to promote DWUW

I don’t listen to this album at all. I tried with the anniversary but it was still so bad for me. Every song is atrocious like Swine, Aura, Venus, Dope, Jewel,GUY...etc 
The only positive songs are Manicure, DWUW and Sexx Dreams.

Pop-a-911-ster 38,798
On 11/11/2021 at 3:36 PM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

Good thing I have the foil edition.

Doesn't everyone have that though :icant:

I have never seen the non-foil edition :icant:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,609
On 11/11/2021 at 3:37 PM, ProjectJoanne said:

Be Quiet Season 5 GIF by Friends

NOnus is a low cost version of Judas 

the vocals, the production, the lyrics are just... no words for this mess 

"Don't you know my a** is famous" like gurl :rip: the unbearable screaming in her vocals :rip: the dated and messy production :rip:

Kindness Admin 6,892
On 11/11/2021 at 1:23 PM, BenG said:

Doesn't everyone have that though :icant:

I have never seen the non-foil edition :icant:

I think everyone does yeah, haha.

ARTPOP is not my fave, but it was a wild time and I made some really important new friends during that era. Gypsy, Venus and DWUW are just some of her best. Applause is also great, I'm happy every time I hear it.

• love 2

ARTPOPster 2,173
On 11/11/2021 at 2:40 PM, Miaou said:

NOnus is a low cost version of Judas 

the vocals, the production, the lyrics are just... no words for this mess 

"Don't you know my a** is famous" like gurl :rip: the unbearable screaming in her vocals :rip: the dated and messy production :rip:

But it’s so unbelievably catchy that all those things (although untrue, sorry :oscar:) you listed just get canceled out :bow:

I remember first finding it back in 6th grade and it was the only ARTPOP song I knew except for Applause and it’s the only Gaga song I can say has the most sentimental value in it for me :shine:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,689

I didn't follow the era closely at the time. But I do have fond memories of listening to the singles, and watching the iTunes festival in my dorm room. I found G.U.Y. to be so catchy and didn't understand why it wasn't doing so well with the GP (now I do :icant:).

Otherwise I tuned out the album until I revisited it last year during quarantine. It is not my favorite Gaga album (not even in my top 3), but I like it a lot more now. I listen to Gypsy and Applause regularly, and to a lesser extent: ARTPOP, Sexxx Dreams, Dope, MANiCURE (and G.U.Y. still). I also listen to several of the Act II songs that are out there on YouTube

• yaas, gaga 1