COVID-19 discussion

LetsGetHigh

It was weird. In my country in the first lockdown which was like 6-8 weeks or something, you weren't allowed to do anything outside your home except for going for a walk, shopping and going to the chemist and doctors but masks weren't required. They weren't mandatory. You could choose to wear one, and we had it contained until in Auckland there was a second outbreak where masks were mandatory, and we haven't been in lockdown since. I think that part of the problem is that countries believe that they can function normally just with masks. The problem is masks don't guarantee you not to get COVID-19, you also need to have self-quarantine's, social distancing and things like that.

Popster to Popster 4,583
2 minutes ago, ... said:

The US passes 400,000 total deaths from COVID-19.

What a horror show even with the incoming administration I don't see this changing any time soon

Pop-a-911-ster 26,602

Germany strict lockdown with schools closed

UK strick lockdown with schools closed

Portugal strict lockdown with schools closed

Austria strick lockdown with schools closed

..... BARRIER ....

France curfews at 6 pm with schools open and "no covid's infection in school" according to the minister of education. With the lowest percentage of people vaccinated in Europe and one of the lowest in the world so far.

spacer.png

Edited by Miaou
  • shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,795

The UK registers 38 906 new cases and 1 820 new deaths, which is a record high.

4 609 740 people have now had the first dose of a vaccine, 460,625 people have had a second dose.

Moderator 4,653

I really can't wait for this to be over! 

It feels weird when the Government decides that we must be inside. Like a parent giving their child house arrest lol. 

All for the good and hope for better times, so I totally understand but still!

• paws up 1