COVID-19 discussion

LetsGetHigh

OMG my city has two confirmed cases. There were no community transmitted cases but somehow apparently, people in hotel quarantine got it from other people. Another person gave it to people who didnt have it in a hotel and now we have 2 cases:bradley:

• sad 1

2 hours ago, Delusional said:

OVERALL SUMMARY:

- The US has administered the most vaccination dosages 

- The U.K. and Israel seem to have the most consistent and best numbers according to their populations 

- Israel has administered the most vaccinations per 100 people. 

my flop country isn't rolling it out till late march or april:bradley:

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687
1 minute ago, thetea said:

my flop country isn't rolling it out till late march or april:bradley:

You don't need the roll out though. Australia and NZ are actually watching other countries with their rollouts and taking notes.

1 minute ago, BenG said:

You don't need the roll out though. Australia and NZ are actually watching other countries with their rollouts and taking notes.

It's for border workers, people working in managed isolation facilities, some old people and doctors and nurses. It's like a safety precaution for those most vulnerable and working around COVID because we still have cases, but none are community transmitted

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687
4 minutes ago, thetea said:

It's for border workers, people working in managed isolation facilities, some old people and doctors and nurses. It's like a safety precaution for those most vulnerable and working around COVID because we still have cases, but none are community transmitted

Mass rollout is tricky and by looking at other countries first, it will be much smoother when finally implemented in NZ.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

My city is making national news for allowing a group of college kids with no public health experience to run the vaccine distribution and it's turned into an Elizabeth Holmes/Fyre Festival situation

It'd be a :icant: if it weren't a :rip:

• hugs 1

1 hour ago, GitHub said:

My city is making national news for allowing a group of college kids with no public health experience to run the vaccine distribution and it's turned into an Elizabeth Holmes/Fyre Festival situation

It'd be a :icant: if it weren't a :rip:

What? what kind of idiots let that happen:bradley: who runs your city?

Edited by thetea

Popster to Popster 3,752
4 minutes ago, thetea said:

What? what kind of idiots let that happen:bradley: who runs your city?

People have been asking and so far they have refused to disclose it. It was so obvious from the beginning that it was going to implode. I'm just glad I trusted my gut and didn't sign up on their registry.

Just now, GitHub said:

People have been asking and so far they have refused to disclose it. It was so obvious from the beginning that it was going to implode. I'm just glad I trusted my gut and didn't sign up on their registry.

Could they not get qualified people or something? What goes through people's minds that makes them think that this is OK and that public reception will be positive:katy:

Popster to Popster 3,752
1 minute ago, thetea said:

Could they not get qualified people or something? What goes through people's minds that makes them think that this is OK and that public reception will be positive:katy:

I have no idea. Other groups have come forward saying they wanted to work with the city and the city refused to work with them. I think there is a criminal investigation, so hopefully we find out eventually. Most people are assuming the kid had connections or something.

Moderator 4,653

What do you guys think. If the pandemic is over and history that we leave behind. (probably next year or later in the future), Should we close this thread symbolic? So not now, but when the time is there?

Pop-a-911-ster 38,687
2 minutes ago, Dirkje said:

What do you guys think. If the pandemic is over and history that we leave behind. (probably next year or later in the future), Should we close this thread symbolic? So not now, but when the time is there?

Yes we should

Moderator 3,690

8 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

That is literally British propaganda out of Downing Street No 10. A British company not adhering to their own contracts is not exactly pro Brexit news imo. 

I meant more the fact that the UK was able to start vaccinations before the EU, UK has been able to vaccinate more people than Germany and probably UK has been able to vaccinate more people because they are not part of the EU anymore. 

Moderator 16,149
12 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

I meant more the fact that the UK was able to start vaccinations before the EU, UK has been able to vaccinate more people than Germany and probably UK has been able to vaccinate more people because they are not part of the EU anymore. 

I think the reason for the slow vaccination in the EU is that every country gets a fair share of the vaccines and vaccinating 450M inhabitans with 27 different nationalities is just more challenging than vaccinating 60M and possibly even withholding vaccinations made for other countries.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Moderator 16,149

India is currently facing a horrible surge in coronavirus infections. The country on Friday added a record over 3.32 lakh new coronavirus cases in a single day taking the country’s tally to 1,62,63,695, while active cases crossed the 24-lakh mark.

The Biden administration recently conveyed to New Delhi that it understands India’s pharmaceutical requirements and promised to give the matter due consideration.

It observed that the current difficulty in the export of critical raw materials needed to manufacture COVID-19 vaccines is mainly due to an Act that forces American companies to prioritise domestic consumption.

President Joe Biden and his predecessor Donald Trump had invoked the war-time Defence Production Act (DPA) that leaves U.S. companies with no option but to give priority to the production of COVID-19 vaccines and Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) for domestic production to combat the deadly pandemic in America.

[...]

The suppliers of its raw materials, which is in high demand globally and sought after by major Indian manufacturers, are being forced to provide it only for domestic manufacturers in the U.S.

The Serum Institute of India is the world’s largest producer of the COVID-19 vaccine.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/international/us-defends-restrictions-on-export-of-covid-19-vaccine-raw-materials-amid-indias-request-to-lift-ban/article34391251.ece

@DonnieDarko @Delusional

• paws up 1
  • sad 2

Moderator 16,149
16 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

India is currently facing a horrible surge in coronavirus infections. The country on Friday added a record over 3.32 lakh new coronavirus cases in a single day taking the country’s tally to 1,62,63,695, while active cases crossed the 24-lakh mark.

The Biden administration recently conveyed to New Delhi that it understands India’s pharmaceutical requirements and promised to give the matter due consideration.

It observed that the current difficulty in the export of critical raw materials needed to manufacture COVID-19 vaccines is mainly due to an Act that forces American companies to prioritise domestic consumption.

President Joe Biden and his predecessor Donald Trump had invoked the war-time Defence Production Act (DPA) that leaves U.S. companies with no option but to give priority to the production of COVID-19 vaccines and Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) for domestic production to combat the deadly pandemic in America.

[...]

The suppliers of its raw materials, which is in high demand globally and sought after by major Indian manufacturers, are being forced to provide it only for domestic manufacturers in the U.S.

The Serum Institute of India is the world’s largest producer of the COVID-19 vaccine.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/international/us-defends-restrictions-on-export-of-covid-19-vaccine-raw-materials-amid-indias-request-to-lift-ban/article34391251.ece

@DonnieDarko @Delusional

I'm not really surprised nobody actually wanted to engage in a discussion :billie:

You just didn't like the facts :ohhh:

• paws up 1